• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20JUN2022 INTEL Board

julia2217

I am a recent fifth year graduate on a top ranked NCAA division one lacrosse team. I am starting a job with DHS end of September, but I am taking the OAR around end of the fall. I graduated with a GPA of 3.41, bachelor's of public health sciences and a secondary major in sociology. I have also earned certificates in both Criminology and Social Research Analysis. I am looking to pursue in Intel, reaching for a 50 or above on the exam. Anyone who has been selected before, have any insight on how my chances look for this position/selection? Thank you very much.

RhodesReese

Look through out AW at the stats of those already picked up for intel. Reach out to them and ask what their stats were if you don’t see them.

No one can really tell you your chances based on what you’ve provided.

Understand that you are preparing for the OAR but have you spoken with a recruiter and started putting a package together?

I am a recent fifth year graduate on a top ranked NCAA division one lacrosse team. I am starting a job with DHS end of September, but I am taking the OAR around end of the fall. I graduated with a GPA of 3.41, bachelor's of public health sciences and a secondary major in sociology. I have also earned certificates in both Criminology and Social Research Analysis. I am looking to pursue in Intel, reaching for a 50 or above on the exam. Anyone who has been selected before, have any insight on how my chances look for this position/selection? Thank you very much.

julia2217

Look through out AW at the stats of those already picked up for intel. Reach out to them and ask what their stats were if you don’t see them.

No one can really tell you your chances based on what you’ve provided.

Understand that you are preparing for the OAR but have you spoken with a recruiter and started putting a package together?
Hi thanks for the reply. Yes, he suggests taking the exam first, and then getting everything together.

Nil

Hey!
My OAR wasn’t the best it was a 49, but I obtained a waiver for that.
My GPA was a 4.0 for my Master’s degree and a 3.2 for my Bachelors.
I would probably say if you have some experience and good letters of recommendation and motivational statement that speaks a lot about who you are. Even more so than your grades or OAR. At least it did for me
Hello, if you won't mind sharing, what was your degree in? Did you have experience in Intel or just corporate experience?

Who did you get Recommendations from? One of my friends was telling me that the Navy has asked for Recommendations to not be submitted, hence asking. Thank you!

Hello, if you won't mind sharing, what was your degree in? Did you have experience in Intel or just corporate experience?

Who did you get Recommendations from? One of my friends was telling me that the Navy has asked for Recommendations to not be submitted, hence asking. Thank you!
Hey! I got my degree in Law Enforcement Intelligence and the only experience I have is creating an intelligence program at my local police department. I got recommendations from two of my professors, my high school ROTC instructor, the Chief of Police and the Investigations Commander at the police department I worked at. I do not think recommendations are needed; however, they certainly help. Good luck!

Reactions: Nil

Nil

Hey! I got my degree in Law Enforcement Intelligence and the only experience I have is creating an intelligence program at my local police department. I got recommendations from two of my professors, my high school ROTC instructor, the Chief of Police and the Investigations Commander at the police department I worked at. I do not think recommendations are needed; however, they certainly help. Good luck!

That's good to know. Law Enforcement Intelligence is pretty much in sync with what they look for, I guess. And if you created that program, then that's another booster to the profile. Even though they are not needed, having recommendations is always good, as you rightly said. And you seem to have done pretty well on that. Thanks for the wishes. Good luck to you with the OCS!

exNavyOffRec

That's good to know. Law Enforcement Intelligence is pretty much in sync with what they look for, I guess. And if you created that program, then that's another booster to the profile. Even though they are not needed, having recommendations is always good, as you rightly said. And you seem to have done pretty well on that. Thanks for the wishes. Good luck to you with the OCS!
IWC is one of the communities that will dig into the entire application, if you are going to have LOR's have them from people that have seen you perform over time and can write about what you did and the value you brought. It doesn't have to be a job either, it could be a volunteer organization that you have spent significant time at.

Reactions: Nil

Nil

IWC is one of the communities that will dig into the entire application, if you are going to have LOR's have them from people that have seen you perform over time and can write about what you did and the value you brought. It doesn't have to be a job either, it could be a volunteer organization that you have spent significant time at.
Thanks for providing that insight, Sir! These points do help in getting the application together in the right way. ? (and hopefully, increase the probability of being selected too...)