• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 20FEB2023 SWO BOARD

Twann

Yes AD
First time up
Age 25
2.5 gpa (waiver) so don’t let no one tell you it’s impossible
48 OAR
3 O5 appraisals 1 O4 all SWO
4 years in

Are you AD if so message me
First of all, congratulations on your selection. You worked hard for it.

Yes, I am also an AD.

3.3 GPA / BS of Electrical Engineering.
4 appraisals / 1 O5 CEC, 1 O5 SWO, 2 O6 EDO
5 LORs
OAR: 48 ??
This will be my first time applying also.
Seem like you were applying for SWO only. I applied for multiple designators with SWO as my second choice. Hopefully it doesn’t look too negative for the board members.
I am applying for the April board; however, my package was submitted a week before the due date. High possibility that it will be rolled into the next board since I have Age (29 years old) and Eval Waivers (TIS: about 3 years in)

How long did it take for your waiver to get approved?

Thank you very much!

Super2431

SuperNavygirl !!!
First of all, congratulations on your selection. You worked hard for it.

Yes, I am also an AD.

3.3 GPA / BS of Electrical Engineering.
4 appraisals / 1 O5 CEC, 1 O5 SWO, 2 O6 EDO
5 LORs
OAR: 48 ??
This will be my first time applying also.
Seem like you were applying for SWO only. I applied for multiple designators with SWO as my second choice. Hopefully it doesn’t look too negative for the board members.
I am applying for the April board; however, my package was submitted a week before the due date. High possibility that it will be rolled into the next board since I have Age (29 years old) and Eval Waivers (TIS: about 3 years in)

How long did it take for your waiver to get approved?

Thank you very much!
Yeah i only wanted SWO i wasn’t open to anything other than that. My waiver was approved the next day .

It depends um i say if you wanted SWO it should’ve been first option bc w swo it’s about longevity but if not i hope the other designators pick you up.

Twann

Yeah i only wanted SWO i wasn’t open to anything other than that. My waiver was approved the next day .

It depends um i say if you wanted SWO it should’ve been first option bc w swo it’s about longevity but if not i hope the other designators pick you up.
You meant your waiver was approved the next day after your submission?
Did Mr. Celestin send you an email to confirm that or CNRC notified you?

exNavyOffRec

Yes AD
First time up
Age 25
2.5 gpa (waiver) so don’t let no one tell you it’s impossible
48 OAR
3 O5 appraisals 1 O4 all SWO
4 years in

Are you AD if so message me
I think that is the lowest GPA I have seen picked up for SWO, ever......

You must have a lot of luck so go buy a lottery ticket ASAP.

Redrebel

I also got selected at this board.

5 years Active duty
3.2 GPA Political Science/Psychology
OAR 57
2 O-6s, 3 O-5s, 3 O-4s interview appraisals
SUBLANT Vice Admiral recommendation
ETN2, submarines

Applied for Aviation and Intel in November and did not get selected. I only have about a year left of time in the Navy so I submitted a package for SWO and Intel just to give myself a shot since the Aviation selection numbers are so low right now. I don’t have an OCS class date yet.

Super2431

SuperNavygirl !!!
To anyone viewing this thread looking for insight or compare stats . Don’t let anyone on this site tell you no and don’t get discouraged . The only people that can tell you no are the ones sitting the boards. Some of the people on this site think they know the ins and outs and are completely wrong. GO FOR IT PUT IN YOUR PACKAGE ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT ARE AD. If you need any help whether AD or civilian i have ALOT of knowledge and if i don’t know something i will find a CREDIBLE source to help you just message me !!!

Twann

I also got selected at this board.

5 years Active duty
3.2 GPA Political Science/Psychology
OAR 57
2 O-6s, 3 O-5s, 3 O-4s interview appraisals
SUBLANT Vice Admiral recommendation
ETN2, submarines

Applied for Aviation and Intel in November and did not get selected. I only have about a year left of time in the Navy so I submitted a package for SWO and Intel just to give myself a shot since the Aviation selection numbers are so low right now. I don’t have an OCS class date yet.
Congratulations! Did you submit for SWO only?
Did you have any waivers?

Redrebel

Congratulations! Did you submit for SWO only?
Did you have any waivers?
Thank you.

I also applied for the February Intel board but I have not seen the results of that board yet.

I submitted my package and Mr. Celestine told me I needed an age waiver. I didn’t submit anything for that, but the next week he sent me an email with a copy of the approved age waiver.

I wonder how that works. Since the Intel board convened first but you’ve already been selected for SWO. I’m assuming the Intel board had not made a decision yet when you were selected for SWO. I wonder if that means Intel is off of the table now.

exNavyOffRec

I wonder how that works. Since the Intel board convened first but you’ve already been selected for SWO. I’m assuming the Intel board had not made a decision yet when you were selected for SWO. I wonder if that means Intel is off of the table now.
There are few factors that come into play. If a person submits for X, Y, and Z in that order and board X meets first and selects you then the others will not see your application unless it was already sent to the board. If board Z meets first and selects you then you will still go to the others as they want you to have a chance to get seen by your 1st choice.