• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2020 AMDO

Eric.M1

I spoke with a member of last years board who explained the delay. They have issues where they select someone, but then once they put them through medical review and background checks, things fall apart. So the intent is to select the Sailors, re-verify they are medical cleared, then schedule their OCS dates, all before the Sailor is notified of their selection. So whoever is selected should expect a ship date as well. With AMDO being such a small community, it could be relative quick ship date.

Michael Collins

I spoke with a member of last years board who explained the delay. They have issues where they select someone, but then once they put them through medical review and background checks, things fall apart. So the intent is to select the Sailors, re-verify they are medical cleared, then schedule their OCS dates, all before the Sailor is notified of their selection. So whoever is selected should expect a ship date as well. With AMDO being such a small community, it could be relative quick ship date.
when I got selected in 2018, my ship date was so I could commission fy19, so if you are selected I would expect a July-August ocs date. Results came out March 5 2018, but didn’t get an ocs date til May

MizzTiger07

when I got selected in 2018, my ship date was so I could commission fy19, so if you are selected I would expect a July-August ocs date. Results came out March 5 2018, but didn’t get an ocs date til May

The last OCS class date for this FY is 05JUL with a commissioning date of 30 SEP. The next convene date of the NAMP INDOC in Milton is 05 OCT, so plan on your OCS date, if selected, to be any of the classes remaining this FY to ensure commissioning prior to the class date...assuming you don't roll at OCS for any reason.

AMDO2B

make sure you are ready to make it through OCS physically. If you select for this FY you have to commission by 9/30. This FU will go to OCS as soon as April. There have been selects in the past that weren’t ready and didn’t make it though OCS. FY 21 will start going late August.

exNavyOffRec

Before going to board every applicant has be be medically cleared for their designator by N3M, there is no medical review after the board until you arrive at OCS.

The delays in the past several boards is that now NRC has started assigning OCS dates to those getting Pro-Y (so far SNA/SNFO/SWO), that takes extra time, what used to take a week is now taking a month give or take. Ideally this will help NRC manage the numbers better. This is a new process so it takes time.

Lcleck

My process followed the same schedule as yours for the most part but for last years board. Results came out March 6 2019 via COC (While on Emergency Leave I took my laptop and CAC reader I checked results everyday), that next week Paul Celestin emailed me asking or more medical documents a couple days after that I got a call from NRC asking me if I wanted to leave in April and I chose May so that I could graduate OCS at the end of July take a month of leave, I-stop then head to Milton in September.

slimac4

Does anyone know what happens if you're selected and you're currently on SDIP orders? They give you the SDIP all in lump sum at the beginning. Do you pay all that back before you'd go to OCS?

Lcleck

Does anyone know what happens if you're selected and you're currently on SDIP orders? They give you the SDIP all in lump sum at the beginning. Do you pay all that back before you'd go to OCS?
From what I've read its say, "Sailor or command must notify PERS-40DD and rating detailer immediately upon selection." However, it doesn't state that payment will be recouped. I asked my admin just to be sure and they said they would have to reach out to PERS for that answer. The quoted verbiage is in the POLICY DECISION MEMORANDUM (PDM) 001-20: SEA DUTY INCENTIVE PAY (SDIP) PROGRAM dated for Feb 18, 2020. I'll let you know what my admin finds out.

slimac4

From what I've read its say, "Sailor or command must notify PERS-40DD and rating detailer immediately upon selection." However, it doesn't state that payment will be recouped. I asked my admin just to be sure and they said they would have to reach out to PERS for that answer. The quoted verbiage is in the POLICY DECISION MEMORANDUM (PDM) 001-20: SEA DUTY INCENTIVE PAY (SDIP) PROGRAM dated for Feb 18, 2020. I'll let you know what my admin finds out.

Wow, really appreciate the feedback. It states in my SDIP approval message that all early release from contract must be sent to PERS-40DD via 1306 90 days prior to termination date. It doesn't say anything about release due to a commissioning programs. My plan was to just contact them as soon as results are released, if I'm selected. Just wanted to see if anyone had already experienced this.