• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2020 AMDO

Zamora

Created this thread for those who are working on submitting a package for the Feb 2020 AMDO board. Please fill free to ask questions and provide any other AMDO related information. Good Luck to all! - AOC

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Created this thread for those who are working on submitting a package for the Feb 2020 AMDO board. Please fill free to ask questions and provide any other AMDO related information. Good Luck to all! - AOC

Did you read the new AMDO TIS requirements?

Zamora

Did you read the new AMDO TIS requirements?
Yes I have. New program Authorization was updated July 2017. My TIS was 14 years last year and all I had to do at the time was request the waiver on the application and as long as my package was competitive, they would approve it. I was a alternate selectee when it was all set and done.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Yes I have. New program Authorization was updated July 2017. My TIS was 14 years last year and all I had to do at the time was request the waiver on the application and as long as my package was competitive, they would approve it. I was a alternate selectee when it was all set and done.

At some point there’s a breaking point where your TIS will be too much of a risk with the AMDO community. With 14-15 years TIS you can essentially retire within several years, which messes with the control grade inventory of officers in the community.

This is why other OCS programs have put TIS limits, too many prior enlisted officers retiring at the O3 or O4 level.

Zamora

At some point there’s a breaking point where your TIS will be too much of a risk with the AMDO community. With 14-15 years TIS you can essentially retire within several years, which messes with the control grade inventory of officers in the community.

This is why other OCS programs have put TIS limits, too many prior enlisted officers retiring at the O3 or O4 level.
Yes, you are correct.

slimac4

Have you heard back about your waiver? I submitted mine back in July and the OCM told me they wouldn’t look at them until October. I’m at 10 years TIS and was an alternate last year.

Zamora

From last years experience after I requested and submitted my package. I never knew if it was approved or not. I never received any feedback on whether it was or it wasn’t approved. I also didn’t submit a formal waiver request just a request in the block (can’t remember what #). I honestly wouldn’t worry about it if your package is competitive, OCM will approve and since you were an alternate last year (professionally recommended), I don’t see why they wouldn’t approve once again it this year.

Zachariahw

Newest PA is July 2019, you may have stated 2017 by mistake. Link for those who need to look it over.
I'll be applying again this year, TIS of 8 years this November. I was also told that my waiver wouldn't be considered until closer to the application deadline by the OCM.

Sandcrab01

Howdy everyone!

I’m looking to apply for the 2020 year. Does everyone here applying have aviation experience? I was told by a recruiter that if you don’t have any experience in that field to not even attempt applying. I was really wanting to apply but not sure if I should.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Howdy everyone!

I’m looking to apply for the 2020 year. Does everyone here applying have aviation experience? I was told by a recruiter that if you don’t have any experience in that field to not even attempt applying. I was really wanting to apply but not sure if I should.

I’ve never seen a non-prior enlisted selected for AMDO.