• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2020 AMDO

exNavyOffRec

Congratulations to everyone selected!

I'm trying to apply this year but I may not be able to finish my degree until Febuary. I would appreciate anyone sharing their package with me so that I can prepare!

I find using the word "application" instead of "package" works better and could prevent you from receiving unwanted pictures via PM :D

r3coil

Hello everyone. So it seems like CNRC has definitely got more stringent on TIS waivers. Mine got disapproved. My TIS will be 8 years and 5 months as of Oct 2020 . I have an OAR score of 45. My experience consists of Troubleshooter LPO, QA LPO, Line LPO, Maintenance Controller, DET LPO twice, EAWS coordinator, FCPOA President. PME, SEJPME and DAU courses complete. Everything accomplished (including my degree) in forward deployed VFA squadrons in Japan. I was pretty confident in my application and had several AMDOs who reviewed my application say that this is my year. Did not expect to get disapproved, and it's really disheartening considering I've worked my butt off for years towards this goal, just for my application to not even be seen by the board. I even had a waiver endorsement from the AMDO OCM that got submitted with my application. I put so much work into my OCS package, just to get shitted on by the CNRC Waiver Authority. I understand that they are looking for applicants with 8 years or less TIS, mainly to ensure they have AMDOs who will take on DH tours, but damn, they denied my waiver request despite being 5 months over their requirement. My only option is to try and apply for LDO. Anyway, I wish you all luck in applying for AMDO.

AMDO2B

Hello everyone. So it seems like CNRC has definitely got more stringent on TIS waivers. Mine got disapproved. My TIS will be 8 years and 5 months as of Oct 2020 . I have an OAR score of 45. My experience consists of Troubleshooter LPO, QA LPO, Line LPO, Maintenance Controller, DET LPO twice, EAWS coordinator, FCPOA President. PME, SEJPME and DAU courses complete. Everything accomplished (including my degree) in forward deployed VFA squadrons in Japan. I was pretty confident in my application and had several AMDOs who reviewed my application say that this is my year. Did not expect to get disapproved, and it's really disheartening considering I've worked my butt off for years towards this goal, just for my application to not even be seen by the board. I even had a waiver endorsement from the AMDO OCM that got submitted with my application. I put so much work into my OCS package, just to get shitted on by the CNRC Waiver Authority. I understand that they are looking for applicants with 8 years or less TIS, mainly to ensure they have AMDOs who will take on DH tours, but damn, they denied my waiver request despite being 5 months over their requirement. My only option is to try and apply for LDO. Anyway, I wish you all luck in applying for AMDO.

Just to make sure, did you have all the required paperwork for the waiver? Your request for waiver, your Skippers endorsement of the waiver and AMDO OCM (which you mentioned having)? Basically 3 waiver memos submitted with your application. 8 years 5 month disapproval seems entirely too steep!

r3coil

Just to make sure, did you have all the required paperwork for the waiver? Your request for waiver, your Skippers endorsement of the waiver and AMDO OCM (which you mentioned having)? Basically 3 waiver memos submitted with your application. 8 years 5 month disapproval seems entirely too steep!
Yes. I had my waiver request letter, Skipper's endorsement and AMDO OCM endorsement. 3 documents submitted with my application. I emailed Mr. Celestin to see if there was a mistake, because the disapproval letter said "TIS and AGE waiver for AMDO are disapproved". Thing is I never requested an age waiver for AMDO. Only TIS. So I'm waiting to see what they say.

Really frustrating considering I've done everything in my power to sustain superior performance in FDNF squadrons, and finished my degree while assigned here as well. All for a goal to apply for AMDO, then my package wont even make it to the board.

exNavyOffRec

Yes. I had my waiver request letter, Skipper's endorsement and AMDO OCM endorsement. 3 documents submitted with my application. I emailed Mr. Celestin to see if there was a mistake, because the disapproval letter said "TIS and AGE waiver for AMDO are disapproved". Thing is I never requested an age waiver for AMDO. Only TIS. So I'm waiting to see what they say.

Really frustrating considering I've done everything in my power to sustain superior performance in FDNF squadrons, and finished my degree while assigned here as well. All for a goal to apply for AMDO, then my package wont even make it to the board.

This isn't too surprising when you look at IS waivers over the past many years. The standard for quite a few years was that age and TIS waivers would be looked at but were rarely if ever approved. There are many designators that need to take a hard look at what applicants will be able to serve 20 years as an officer before being eligible to retire. It is possible that you were caught in one of those times that they decided they needed more people with little if any TIS.

Ashley Wick

This is odd.

I applied for a waiver for the FY 20 for my TIS. My time for the February board was 8 years 2 months.

My waiver did not get approved in time so my package never made it to the board, but I was told that they DID approve the waiver. It seems Odd that 3 months would make that large of a difference. (I also had a degree waiver in as well. Though my OAR was higher than the minimum)

r3coil

Is anyone here putting a package together for the September 25th deadline? I applied for the previous cycle and am applying again for September.
I'm still in the process of getting my TIS waiver approved. Looks like CNRC might have made a mistake in terms of documentation on my disapproved waiver request. So the AMDO OCM is trying to get it figured out and told me that he thinks it will be a favourable decision. If I do get an approval, my package will be on the october AMDO board.

r3coil

This is odd.

I applied for a waiver for the FY 20 for my TIS. My time for the February board was 8 years 2 months.

My waiver did not get approved in time so my package never made it to the board, but I was told that they DID approve the waiver. It seems Odd that 3 months would make that large of a difference. (I also had a degree waiver in as well. Though my OAR was higher than the minimum)
Yea. I'm currently waiting on final word if my TIS waiver is disapproved or approved. Mr. Celestin told me that my AMDO TIS request is still pending, and that my pilot age waiver was the only one that got disapproved. That's fine I guess, but the problem is the letter said that my TIS and AGE waiver requests are disapproved. Well I never requested an age waiver for AMDO, only a TIS. So it looks like CNRC didn't look at my requests thoroughly and thought I was requesting an age waiver for AMDO also. The AMDO OCM is currently trying to help me out with this and said he believes the decision will be a favourable one. Right now I'm hoping for the best.

rthall

I'm still in the process of getting my TIS waiver approved. Looks like CNRC might have made a mistake in terms of documentation on my disapproved waiver request. So the AMDO OCM is trying to get it figured out and told me that he thinks it will be a favourable decision. If I do get an approval, my package will be on the october AMDO board.
Yea I hope it works out for you. The OCM is a great guy and very helpful. I worked with him extensively on my last application.

r3coil

Yea I actually got an email yesterday from Mr. Celestin informing me that my TIS waiver was approved. Looks like they initially made a mistake so I reached out to the AMDO OCM. He helped me out and contacted NRC. He is awesome. I'm just happy my application will at least make it to the board now.

Yea I actually got an email yesterday from Mr. Celestin informing me that my TIS waiver was approved. Looks like they initially made a mistake so I reached out to the AMDO OCM. He helped me out and contacted NRC. He is awesome. I'm just happy my application will at least make it to the board now.
The same thing happened to me prior to the feb 2020 board. I put in a TIS waiver that had been “disapproved” as well. But quickly found out it was a mistake. I ended up getting selected on that board. Keep your head up! That is awesome news that your waiver was indeed Approved!

r3coil

The same thing happened to me prior to the feb 2020 board. I put in a TIS waiver that had been “disapproved” as well. But quickly found out it was a mistake. I ended up getting selected on that board. Keep your head up! That is awesome news that your waiver was indeed Approved!
Thank you and congratulations!

rthall

I just submitted my application yesterday for AMDO. Good luck to all of those who are applying as well. I hope many of you get selected!

NomadicWireChaser

Submitted mine today, good luck everyone. Been a little busy with inspections at work and one thing after another, to really be on here lately.