• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2008 NROTC Boards

Here's the latest scoop, Iron Maiden: Results from December board were released today. If your scholarship went to the boards and you weren't picked, it means they passed over your application and will review it again. This happened to me apparently, contrary to what my recruiter said would happen, as usual. If you weren't picked today, you won't hear until sometime in March, at the earliest that is. Apparently, they are still awarding scholarships by the time June rolls around, by which time you'll already have been forced to pick a school. If March rolls around and I still haven't heard, I'm considering just forgetting the 4 year scholarship and doing college program for a year and then applying for a 3 year scholarship. Might check out the whole BDCP thing too.

Iron Maiden

Here's the latest scoop, Iron Maiden: Results from December board were released today. If your scholarship went to the boards and you weren't picked, it means they passed over your application and will review it again. This happened to me apparently, contrary to what my recruiter said would happen, as usual. If you weren't picked today, you won't hear until sometime in March, at the earliest that is. Apparently, they are still awarding scholarships by the time June rolls around, by which time you'll already have been forced to pick a school. If March rolls around and I still haven't heard, I'm considering just forgetting the 4 year scholarship and doing college program for a year and then applying for a 3 year scholarship. Might check out the whole BDCP thing too.

Does the results being "released" today mean that I would have heard for sure today or I might hear in the next few days?

I'm hoping that by "released" today it means that letters went in the mail today and phone calls are starting to be made today. If it means that I would have had a phone call today or a letter in my hand today then I'm going to be very disappointed...

I'm pretty sure it would have been updated today if you were selected. At least that's how it was explained to me. Try calling the number on the website, they should know your story.

N

NAVY20080910

Hey, Im new to this forum, and i started looking into this because I was accepted to one of my NROTC schools. Im a senior in high school and I enlisted in the Navy last June. In September my recruiter told me that there was a lack of NROTC applications from the midwest and that I should fill one out because of my ASVAB score. I submitted it in October and havnt heard anything about it since. It seems like some people have had officer interviews, but I havnt heard anything since I sent it in. Am i done for or should I just wait a little longer?

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
Hey, Im new to this forum, and i started looking into this because I was accepted to one of my NROTC schools. Im a senior in high school and I enlisted in the Navy last June. In September my recruiter told me that there was a lack of NROTC applications from the midwest and that I should fill one out because of my ASVAB score. I submitted it in October and havnt heard anything about it since. It seems like some people have had officer interviews, but I havnt heard anything since I sent it in. Am i done for or should I just wait a little longer?

You can check your status online here:
https://www.nrotc.navy.mil/status_scholarship.cfm

Just select "2008", enter your social security number and birth date.

When I check, mine reads, "Your application is at Naval Education and Training Command for final processing and selection determination. Selection decisions will begin in late August and continue until the end of April. Once a selection decision has been made, your new status will be reflected." I think this is the normal status when everything is fine but no decision has been made.

You haven't had your officer interview yet? That can't be good. You need an officer interview just to complete your application. What has your recruiter said?

N

NAVY20080910

I've checked the website several times and it reads the same thing. My recruiters have told me that these things take several months to get accepted and they feel I will be selected. The fact that I havn't had an officer interiew yet is what worries me the most.

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
I've checked the website several times and it reads the same thing. My recruiters have told me that these things take several months to get accepted and they feel I will be selected. The fact that I havn't had an officer interiew yet is what worries me the most.

Did you meet your recruiter in person? Was he an officer? Maybe he already decided he had interviewed you? My application was not complete until I got the officer interview, and my recruiter gave me a list of officers that had agreed to do such interviews, and I had to pick one, contact them and set everything up myself. But perhaps some recruiters are using a different rule? If the web status says your application is complete, I don't think you should worry about something missing. Missing things would have turned up by now, I bet.

N

NAVY20080910

I spoke with my recruiter today, he told me that the officer interview can be done by anyone is an E7 and above. Both my recruiter and recruiter in charge are chiefs. he told me that he considered our talking about it for about an hour as my interview and that we should be hearing something back no later than March or April.

AUtiger

Crossing over to the dark side
pilot
Our CO just got back from sitting on a NROTC scholarship board in Millington last week so I'd assume that some letters should be getting to ya'll shortly.