• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2008 NROTC Boards

Iron Maiden

Can anyone confirm that the 2008 NROTC Board that is scheduled for 10/1 is actually taking place? Apparently the September boards were cancelled.

Once selections are made at a particular Board, how long is the notification process? Does the online status update before you get a call or e-Mail?

Thanks!

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
I have no idea whether or not the boards have been canceled but as far as getting your results, I got a phone call from my OSO a few days before christmas telling me I got it (early board). My online status never got updated so I'd just sit back and wait for a call sometime in december.

That's Marine Option early board. Don't know if that still helps.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Apply and enjoy your senior year...read my sticky for info, but you will be intimately scrutanized...the hard part is over. Just have some fun, but don't get caught having the wrong kind of fun.

~D

Iron Maiden

Apply and enjoy your senior year...read my sticky for info, but you will be intimately scrutanized...the hard part is over. Just have some fun, but don't get caught having the wrong kind of fun.

~D

I've read the sticky - very informative, thanks!

I'm just not getting any information on what to expect in this process. I've had my application and interviews complete since the end of August. I've made a couple of calls.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I'm just not getting any information on what to expect in this process.

If everything is over, and it's just the board waiting to decide, you may not hear anything.

Depending on how strong you are is when you'll hear something. For instance: I heard I was "an alternate" late in Jan. and then got the acceptance on the first of Apr...

Honestly, the greatest thing you can do for yourself is just sit back, enjoy being 18 and listen to some Iron Maiden...oh and have fun...

When you get a letter with the return address in Blue and stating "Department of Defense," you'll know all you want to...

Good luck. Have fun. Join a fraternity.

~D

MasterBates

Honestly, the greatest thing you can do for yourself is just sit back, enjoy being 18 and listen to some Iron Maiden...oh and have fun...

~D

I concur with Chunks on both accounts.

I reccomend:
im%20somew..jpg

And am a member of Theta Xi.

My liver still remembers my pledge party to this day.

Iron Maiden

If everything is over, and it's just the board waiting to decide, you may not hear anything.

Depending on how strong you are is when you'll hear something. For instance: I heard I was "an alternate" late in Jan. and then got the acceptance on the first of Apr...

When you get a letter with the return address in Blue and stating "Department of Defense," you'll know all you want to...

~D

Thanks. My frustration is that I have not been told what to expect for either timing or how I would be notified. So its a letter?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Thanks. My frustration is that I have not been told what to expect for either timing or how I would be notified. So its a letter?

Yes. I know the person who signs all of them and she'll personally write you telling you what you need to do next.

The website is notorius for not updating properly. You can call around too, but I'm sure you've seen that they have no idea who to talk to...and also no info about it.

~D