• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 MAR 17 SWO BOARD THREAD

GuamLife1

I keep hearing that this March board is not true. Can anyone confirm that please?? This information was from Millington about a week or so ago. So if its changed since, I do not know. Thanks for any info. I hope what I heard is wrong and there is a board.

GuamLife1

My recruiter said the board scheduled changed and a board date was added in March. Ask your recruiter yo.

I'm active duty and my career counselor has been MIA due to emergency leave it's just me. I hope your right that would be awesome. I called the processor last week and they said that is not true and thats the last I heard. Thanks for any info!! and good luck!

kshimmy1

I'm active duty and my career counselor has been MIA due to emergency leave it's just me. I hope your right that would be awesome. I called the processor last week and they said that is not true and thats the last I heard. Thanks for any info!! and good luck!
My recruiter notified me of the change last Monday. Maybe call your processor again and see if they noticed a change.

Best.

SeaReaver

My recruiter confirmed this board was happening on February 24th. I'm inclined to believe it is happening.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Be careful what you wish for - being a Surface Warfare Office it turns out is getting worse

https://www.usni.org/node/90091

Well, that's concerning. What does big Navy do in such cases as this? I've heard of the purging of many sailors during these past few years of needing to get the numbers down :rolleyes:, personally seen it when I lived in Newport News/Hampton, VA. Will something similar happen here, or do you think/from your experience will this apparent growing problem be ignored? After all, they just moved the board date back up when it probably could've done some good for SWOs already in to keep the delay.

kshimmy1

I think it's a retention issue. Historically, SWOs tend to fulfill their 4 years of active duty and leave to pursue other things. The Navy wants to keep the best and brightest for future command, but with JOs leaving in droves year, they decided to do two things: Make SWO more attractive (offering more education opportunities, larger retention bonuses, more career paths) and increase the number of SWOs in general. This obviously results in more divos than what a ship needs, but I think it will even itself out.

SeaReaver

Well, that's concerning. What does big Navy do in such cases as this? I've heard of the purging of many sailors during these past few years of needing to get the numbers down :rolleyes:, personally seen it when I lived in Newport News/Hampton, VA. Will something similar happen here, or do you think/from your experience will this apparent growing problem be ignored? After all, they just moved the board date back up when it probably could've done some good for SWOs already in to keep the delay.

I feel your concern, but I think kshimmy1 has the right idea (the post above mine). This is nothing but r/K selection theory at its finest. The Navy is just letting nature take its course. Either that, or they are incompetent at providing the appropriate environment for junior officers to develop. Pick your poison. A fun little article on the topic if the curiosity bug bites: https://steemit.com/ecology/@valth/why-some-animals-only-get-one-offspring-while-others-get-hundreds

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
SWO RESULTS ARE OUT!!! GIVE YOUR OR 24-48 HOURS TO RECEIVE AND DELIVER THE RESULTS.

This "impromptu" board was targeted to age critical folks who couldn't wait a few more months to be selected and ship to OCS. There's a good possibility that you, the applicant were moved to a later board.