• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 MAR 17 SWO BOARD THREAD

Pixels64

Well I didn't get a call about my class date, but I did get a response from my recruiter finally. I asked him before what the holiday policy is for OCS, but he wasn't sure so he has to ask. I know there were posts on the forum about holidays at OCS, but I just wanted to make sure that didn't change this year. Then he also said he didn't have a final select letter for me yet, but he would get a list of selectees.

I'm just going to go by what his lieutenant told me before. He told me I could receive a call as late as one week before my class convenes, so just have my bag ready.

My bag is already packed. It's been packed for a long time. If I get anymore updates I'll be sure to post them here! Fingers crossed for October.

Pixels64

Update!!! Well, after many attempts of trying to figure out why I haven't received my FINSEL I finally got an answer. When Pridemod had an update my application got pushed into a black hole/dormant state. My application got moved behind the new ones from more recent boards; so I was at the back of the pack. My recruiter got in contact with the individual who figured this out and has corrected it. I'm not the only applicant this has happened to. If you are in the same situation I'm in maybe that's where your packet went. My recruiter also said I should have my FINSEL/orders within the next couple of weeks and be slotted for either one of the October classes or at the very least the November class. THANK YOU JESUS!!! I'll post if I receive any more updates! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TheIronMike

Update!!! Well, after many attempts of trying to figure out why I haven't received my FINSEL I finally got an answer. When Pridemod had an update my application got pushed into a black hole/dormant state. My application got moved behind the new ones from more recent boards; so I was at the back of the pack. My recruiter got in contact with the individual who figured this out and has corrected it. I'm not the only applicant this has happened to. If you are in the same situation I'm in maybe that's where your packet went. My recruiter also said I should have my FINSEL/orders within the next couple of weeks and be slotted for either one of the October classes or at the very least the November class. THANK YOU JESUS!!! I'll post if I receive any more updates! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

God bless you man. You got some serious patience

BravoAMF

Come on @BravoAMF!!! Them orders should be coming to you any day now!! Fingers crossed!!

Seriously! After seeing a few people check out of purgatory recently for the Oct 29th class, I started to get my hopes up, but I still have no call. I just texted my recruiter again and he still has no response from the NRC after he emailed them three weeks ago. He said he gets my frustration and said I could launch a formal complaint if I really wanted to.

Pixels64

Seriously! After seeing a few people check out of purgatory recently for the Oct 29th class, I started to get my hopes up, but I still have no call. I just texted my recruiter again and he still has no response from the NRC after he emailed them three weeks ago. He said he gets my frustration and said I could launch a formal complaint if I really wanted to.
Somethings wrong. Hopefully they fix the problem soon.

BravoAMF

Update:

I called the NRC in San Diego and apparently I’m already scheduled for the December 10 class... I told them that when their office called in August, I stated October to be my preference. The Senior Chief on the phone told me that he would try to get me into the October 29 class and that he would call me or he would have my recruiter call me to let me know what he was able to do.

I really wanted either the Oct 9 or the Oct 29 class and now there’s a possibility that I might not get it, but at least I know now that I actually do have a solid class date. Looking back, I guess I didn’t have a chance of getting an Oct class date until now, but I can’t help wondering if my preference was ignored or if it was not possible. If it wasn’t possible, then why bother asking for my preference and giving me the option for October? Someone screwed up.

For anyone else in a similar boat, try contacting your processor or the someone in the main recruiting office for you area.

Hayley D.

Update:

I called the NRC in San Diego and apparently I’m already scheduled for the December 10 class... I told them that when their office called in August, I stated October to be my preference. The Senior Chief on the phone told me that he would try to get me into the October 29 class and that he would call me or he would have my recruiter call me to let me know what he was able to do.

I really wanted either the Oct 9 or the Oct 29 class and now there’s a possibility that I might not get it, but at least I know now that I actually do have a solid class date. Looking back, I guess I didn’t have a chance of getting an Oct class date until now, but I can’t help wondering if my preference was ignored or if it was not possible. If it wasn’t possible, then why bother asking for my preference and giving me the option for October? Someone screwed up.

For anyone else in a similar boat, try contacting your processor or the someone in the main recruiting office for you area.
I don't think they look at preference too closely, same thing happened to me.