• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

What's the difference between sea duty and shore duty for VP?
Sea duty is 3 years long for an officer. You deploy for about six months every year. And shore duty is also 3 years for an officer and you dont deploy at all. There are a whole bunch of different types of duty stations for shore duty. Some take you out of the normal NFO duties and some keep you in them, like intructing duty or being an NFO at the FRS squadron in jax.

You'll do a sea shore rotation for the first few years. Then you'll do a department head tour, if you stay in long enough and make rank. Pilots will do the same type of rotation and same types of shore duty stations but they have a couple more pilot specific duty stations.

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Yes and yes haha. During a mission your working but on transit your usually not. But as an NFO you'll be the TACCO so you'll have a lot of reports and things to write during the return transit and system setup stuff on the transit to your oparea. ASW is extremely fun when you get to do it. I've flown on some cool missions overland Iraq and on a decent amount of subs and I've enjoyed all of it. Hence why I'm trying to basically start over again. Plus perdiem is pretty nice to in certain places.
Broooo quit giving away all our VP secrets mfer you’re making more competition for me? I’m an AT at VP-1 right now. My goal is to be an NFO on P-8s as well. I’ll literally fight someone let’s go lol

FloridaDad

What kind of pilots get assignments to places like Japan and Korea? I spent 5 years of my childhood overseas and would love for my kids to experience that too!

TheDR

This is gonna sound real dumb to ask but honestly wondering, how much prior aviation related knowledge do NFO’s typically have before OCS? I kinda know nothing and don’t know if that means I’ll just have to study harder there or if I’d be at a huge disadvantage

This is gonna sound real dumb to ask but honestly wondering, how much prior aviation related knowledge do NFO’s typically have before OCS? I kinda know nothing and don’t know if that means I’ll just have to study harder there or if I’d be at a huge disadvantage
You dont need much and to be honest the stuff your going to end up doing you wont be able to know before you get in. I guess the best advice would be to study hard. Having some good common sense or being able to catch on quickly will help the most.

BDavis11

Contributor
Broooo quit giving away all our VP secrets mfer you’re making more competition for me? I’m an AT at VP-1 right now. My goal is to be an NFO on P-8s as well. I’ll literally fight someone let’s go lol
lol right he is telling all the business. NO let everyone continue to fall in love with the jets.

BDavis11

Contributor
Lol I just got orders to VP-5
must be nice. I was in school for the NEC for P-8's and my detailer wouldn't keep me in jax. My COC wouldn't send me any sooner being the only cdi in my shop smh. So i eneded up with VQ. These results determine if I go or not.