• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

skb832

The last board really seems like there is some conflicting data. Some people with lesser scores that got accepted and some people with pretty good scores that did not get picked up. Anyone from the november board that didn't get picked up have any insight as to why that might have happened?

The last board really seems like there is some conflicting data. Some people with lesser scores that got accepted and some people with pretty good scores that did not get picked up. Anyone from the november board that didn't get picked up have any insight as to why that might have happened?
Could be any number of things. Waivers are the likely reason. Age, legal issues, drugs, medical. I'm not saying this was the case, but it is the most likely.

peperooney

I didn’t get picked up with 61 8/8/8 and a 3.48 gpa. I’m guessing my letter of recommendation wasn’t very convincing. I only submitted one from my employer and didn’t have any officer appraisals. My employer wrote a pretty mediocre letter and I didn’t have anyone else at the time to give me one at the time. This time around I’m going in with appraisals from a rear admiral, a captain, and a commander. I also got new letters of recommendation from two managers at my new job. They are much better than my previous lor.

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
I didn’t get picked up with 61 8/8/8 and a 3.48 gpa. I’m guessing my letter of recommendation wasn’t very convincing. I only submitted one from my employer and didn’t have any officer appraisals. My employer wrote a pretty mediocre letter and I didn’t have anyone else at the time to give me one at the time. This time around I’m going in with appraisals from a rear admiral, a captain, and a commander. I also got new letters of recommendation from two managers at my new job. They are much better than my previous lor.
Wow, I'm surprised they didn't pick you. Pilot or NFO? What major? Age? Medical or legal waivers?

flatspinturkeyb

69 9/9/9 GPA: b4d
I only went for SNA. I am an economics major, 21, with no waivers. This time around I’m going for SNA and NFO.
Any ideas as to why? No medical issues? @exNavyOffRec usually says letters of rec are almost pointless and ASTB, specifically PFAR, score is everything. I had an age waiver, medical waiver, GPA waiver, really random letters of rec, and I got picked up. I'm not the norm, in fact I'm probably a major outlier, but wanted to share. As for General Aviation I have 3 flights, not documented and obviously no ratings, but maybe you could take a few flight lessons if you have the time and cash?

peperooney

Sounds like a failed background check. Any chance you’re not telling them something?
I doubt it. I travelled a lot as a kid, but both of my parents have top secret clearance. My dad is in the navy and my legal mother works for ncis. I didn’t list my biological mother, but I haven’t had contact with her since I was 2.

Dboom85

Banned
Do they do background checks before the board? I got my phone call about the SF86 approximately 1month after I got the pro-rec Yes.
That’s my understanding after talking to my recruiter but idk really.
I doubt it. I travelled a lot as a kid, but both of my parents have top secret clearance. My dad is in the navy and my legal mother works for ncis. I didn’t list my biological mother, but I haven’t had contact with her since I was 2.
How was your motivational statement, I think after ASTB scores and gpa the next prioritized metric is the motivational statement

exNavyOffRec

Sometimes odd things happen, sometimes people are put in one pile by accident, there are many picked up who don't even have LOR's or minimal motivational statements, the board moves fast and sometimes you get an "oops".

exNavyOffRec

That’s my understanding after talking to my recruiter but idk really.

How was your motivational statement, I think after ASTB scores and gpa the next prioritized metric is the motivational statement
The SF 86 is looked at but if there was an issue they would pull prior to board, the actual investigation happens after pro Y so if he was pulled prior to board that would be a good thought.

The statements aren't really looked at unless there is an issue with waiver or a person is on the edge, I would guess since he doesn't have any waiver issues it was just an "oops", it happens.