• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

Hey everyone! Been lurking since 2016 and FINALLY submitted a package last night! Just waiting to hear back from Mr. Celestin about being on this board or the next. I'm unfortunately on deployment right now and unable to view the excel to update it but my test results and info is as follows:

Currently AD E3 (1.8 years)
BA Sport Management
GPA 2.6
ASTB (1st time) 48 6/7/7
57 hours of flight time
LOR's (O-8, O-5, Retired Mayor/County Commissioner, and waiting on one from an O-4 as well)
Interviews (O-6, O-5, O-5: All Outstanding)
Applying for SNA/SNFO

Last edited:

MileHighBurt

Hey everyone! Been lurking since 2016 and FINALLY submitted a package last night! Just waiting to hear back from Mr. Celestin about being on this board or the next. I'm unfortunately on deployment right now and unable to view the excel to update it but my test results and info is as follows:

Currently AD E3 (1.8 years)
BA Sport Management
GPA 2.6
ASTB (1st time) 48 6/7/7
57 hours of flight time
LOR's (O-8, O-5, Retired Mayor/County Commissioner, and waiting on one from an O-4 as well)
Interviews (O-6, O-5, O-5: All Outstanding)
Applying for SNA/SNFO
How are you applying with less than two years into an active duty contract?

I'm not in a training status so I am able to submit an OCS package. The Program Authorization 106 and the OPNAV 1420.1B (both of which I hope you all are familiar with) do not mention anything about having to be enlisted for an amount of time to submit a package. I mean, we have civilians with no military experience applying...? I tried to commission a few years ago when I was 27 but saw that was the max age and knew that an age waiver would not help my package. I have a degree, flight hours, great LOR's/interviews, endorsed by my CO (CVN 70: 5k+sailors), and still have not been told no. In my short time in the Navy I've already received an EP, been MAP'd, selected for Sailor of the Quarter, and now for Blue Jacket of the Quarter.... I guess that means I have a few quals. ;) lol.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not in a training status so I am able to submit an OCS package. The Program Authorization 106 and the OPNAV 1420.1B (both of which I hope you all are familiar with) do not mention anything about having to be enlisted for an amount of time to submit a package. I mean, we have civilians with no military experience applying...? I tried to commission a few years ago when I was 27 but saw that was the max age and knew that an age waiver would not help my package. I have a degree, flight hours, great LOR's/interviews, endorsed by my CO (CVN 70: 5k+sailors), and still have not been told no. In my short time in the Navy I've already received an EP, been MAP'd, selected for Sailor of the Quarter, and now for Blue Jacket of the Quarter.... I guess that means I have a few quals. ;) lol.
I think they are more talking about that the average time when a person who enlist is able to submit is about 2 years.

I think they are more talking about that the average time when a person who enlist is able to submit is about 2 years.
Copy. If that's the case, by the time 06JAN2022 roles through it'll be 2 years. If I'm pushed until then, I'll just have to get more qual'd up "frfr" by then. ;)
It's funny because in every interview, include the CO's, they all asked how long I've been in. None of them mentioned a time frame of being able to submit. I'll do some more research and check out my current contract as well. Good news is I have time. lol

MileHighBurt

I’m prior Air Force and we had to wait until around a year before end of enlistment to transfer to anything else, that’s why I asked. It just seems very early in a career for someone to release you. The branches usually like to see a return on investment before giving you up

I’m prior Air Force and we had to wait until around a year before end of enlistment to transfer to anything else, that’s why I asked. It just seems very early in a career for someone to release you. The branches usually like to see a return on investment before giving you up
Gotcha. I hope that's not the case. My packet got routed through 3 separate admins (my departments, XO's, and CO's) on the ship and none of them mentioned it. There is a section in our application where the CO signs that mentions our orders being released in BUPERS, if I am to be selected. This would be a real swift kick to the nads if I have to wait. Not the end of the world though. Just would really suck after getting this all together....

BDavis11

Contributor
What’s your rate? And ayyy talk your shit bro. If you are a shit sailor then do your thing. Don’t be sensitive here it’s all good fun. Everyone here is trying to accomplish the same thing. Glad to have you in the mix and best of luck.

BDavis11

Contributor
He's actually qualified all the way up to 311... not too shabby for being in the Navy for 1.8 years, and only being ship's company for 10 months lol. I'm just sayin...
That’s what I’m talking about!! Good stuff. I was just being funny. I could care less about his quals. He obviously has enough to be endorsed and that’s all that matters