• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16 August 03 OCS (Class 04-04)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvinst8

Hi ladies! I hear the cost of the Hi-Moms is about $10 per person! It's usually an appetizer kind of thing. I believe it's a casual thing, but not too casual!

Anne- I know what you mean about sleeping without your husband. I haven't gotten a decent night sleep since Estevan left! I have friends taking turns sleeping over my house once a week so I can at least get ONE night of sleep!
Once you have children, your life as you know it is put to pasture! I have become a complete fraidy cat! Not out of fear for myself, but fear of leaving my children behind, or fear of something happening to my children! Sometimes I think I should be medicated!! UGH!
Anyways I am usually up late, I stay up until I can't keep my eyes open anymore! It's a crazy time in my life right now, but thankfully I have great friends and family, and now this website!
Congrats on being married for 12 years! These days that's like a golden!
I can't wait to see my husband! Take care.

gagirl

Hey all!

I was just reading the posts under hi moms and got some good advice.

Leslie... hi moms is the day before grad. and the family can come and take a tour around base and meet the DI's(I think) and see where our guys have been spending their time. It's usually the tour during the day and then from 6to 8 or so out to eat. Most of them are at the O club. (officers club) I'm going to tell join to vote for that since we have kids that are coming.
I'm so excited about all of this and can't wait for all of this to happen. I can't wait to get my ID again! Going to the PX is so much fun. I guess the navy calls it the NEX. I've got to switch from USMC to USN.
Unfortunately that means I will have to go shopping!! I think I'll get a babysitter for that. Stevi, maybe i can come to Atlanta or you can come here and we can go together if you want. I've got to have a girls opinion. I was a HUGE tomboy growing up so if it's not jeans and a t shirt I'm lost. I guess becoming a officers wife I will have to change. I finally just bought some khaki pants. John was so proud. Give me some imput for this weekend...do you think I can wear jeans or should I dress up more? I hate to be underdressed. Help!!!
I'm so excited I'm about to jump out of my skin!!! Now I can't sleep and it's 12AM. I'll have to post my phone number and y'all can call me anytime! I'm usually up this late almost every night.
Leslie...I think you will do fine, and Greg will do fine knowing you support him!! That's the hardest part. There will be deployments. but if he knows you support him they can keep their minds on their jobs and not at home. makes it a little safer. My best friend was engaged to an Army Ranger and she went to visit him and when she got there I forgot what it was, but he had 4 hours to pack and leave. She called and said she couldn't do it and was calling off the wedding. Being a Marine wife I told her if she did that she would be putting his life on the line b/c he would be worried about her and their sit. and not the poss. fight he had in front of him. I am such a HUGE supporter of the military that I never wanted JOhn to get out in '93. I asked him every year after grad. if he would go back in and finally he did. I'm so proud to say I'm a Navy wife. I hate the separation, but someone has to do this or we wouldn't have what a lot of people take for granted. (war protesters,hollywood etc)
Sorry! I have rambled and rambled but I hope it make sense. It seems like you really love Greg and I'm sure it won't be long until your a Navy wife!! Goodnight to you all.
Anne

airleslie

I have another couple of questions... Do any of you know what our guys can bring with them, in terms of photographs and personal things like that? Should we move our class 04-04 communication to the private spouses corner?

Leslie

gagirl

Leslie,
I think John is taking some pictures. I wouldn't think they would take that away. He was going to take a camera, but he's going to feel out the DI's first and then have me send some more stuff to him.

It sounds like your mom and dad will be a great source of support to. She's been there and your dad has been on the other side.
I wish we could all meet. Hopefully at graduation. I've got to get off this computer and get something done. We're leaving tomorrow so I won't be writing for the next few days. I'm sure I'll check tomorrow before I leave. Sunday night is when I will need all of you. I already tear up when I think of coming home without him! Talk to you soon.
Anne

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Anne and Stevi

enjoy your stay with your SOs in Pensacola!!! Take lots of pictures...hehe

oh and we'll be here for you Sunday...

~Avigail

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Welcome Amber!!!

my boyfriend Alex will be in the Aug. 16 class as well. I am not going to be in Pensacola this weekend but Anne will be there. Her husband is going to OCS.

read this post for the meeting place/time
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2372&whichpage=13

I'm sure Anne won't mind if you give her a call (I think she put her cell # there) so you can meet up with everybody. They are leaving tomorrow for Pensacola.

How is Pensacola so far? Do u like it? how is the weather there? heard it's hot and humid....You are so lucky to be able to move there and be close to your husband especially during liberty. Hope to meet you someday during visits, graduation, dining-out, etc.

feel free to post, pm or e-mail me anytime. I will add you to the private spouses corner so you can check out the other topics of interest there.

~Avigail

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
hello everyone!!!
bouncy_125.gif

this forum has been moved to the private spouses section.
click here => http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4375

if you are not authorized to view this page, please post your name here and you will be added to the private spouses corner.

Thanks and hope to see you there
~Avigail

amberleena

Avigail

I'm not able to access the private page. If you've added me, it probably just takes some time to update. I'll check it again tomorrow.

Thanks!
Amber

gagirl

Welcome Amber!!!

It's Anne and I will be there this weekend. I think we might try and meet Fri. and poss. Sat. I know John won't stay out late either night or go drinking etc. He wants to go out to eat and then relax with "his girls" as long as he can. He's really going to miss his baby girls.
It's starting to hit me that he's going to be gone in just a few days and I start to get teary already. I've got to hold it together so when he walks away on Sun. the girls don't think something bad is wrong. Sunday night will be hard so I'm sure you'll see me on here looking for some support.
Amber, these girls on here are incredible. Until a few days ago I had noone and now I have all these great people. Thank you girls!!
Your not alone on your feelings. I will give you my cell phone # 706-372-3584. We're staying at the Holiday inn Express at the beach. I know one night we will go to Outback. It's Johns' favorite and he wants a big steak before he leaves. Let me know when you want to meet.
Anne
I wish all you other girls were coming. I'll try and fill you in on Sunday night.

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Amber,

I saw you've been added to the private spouses corner by Kathy about half hour ago. I don't know how long it takes. I'll ask her about this. But wait a another half an hour or so and try again.

hope to see you there soon
~Avigail

~Avigail

SuBee

Hi everyone,
My name is Sue, my husband Paul H. is also in the Aug. 16 class. We live in Orlando and I will be staying here until he is done with OCS. Now that I see that there is so many women who have moved to Pensacola with their spouses,ect.., I wish that I would have too. I was afraid that I wouldn't know anyone. Such is life.
I don't know who to ask, but could someone sign me up for the private spouse corner site!!!
Thanks.

ahchico

Amber-

Welcome to the group! I hear you are from 'near' Chico, CA?? I am currently living in Chico. I have been going to Chico State for the last 4 years, and I'm finishing my last semester this Fall.

I am originally from Auburn, CA, and my fiance Mike Smith, who is entering the 8/16/03 04-04 OCS is from Sacramento. We both drove out to P'cola, and arrived yesterday, Tuesday. I fly back to Sac on Friday afternoon.

Where exactly are you from? What is your situation, in terms of where you are living? When or/are you moving out to P'cola? I'm not moving out until next July '04 which is just after we get married (July 24, 2004!!).

Anyhow, welcome again, and can't wait to keep in touch. Even though I'm here with him these last few days before he reports, it makes me very nervous, yet excited at the same time. I am so excited to keep in contact with girlfriends/wives such as yourself, because it is hard to do it on your own!!!

Hope to hear from you soon. Feel free to email me if you'd like!

Allison

ahchico

Amber-

FYI- We are staying at the LaQuinta Inn in P'cola off of Davis Hwy. Feel free to call Thursday, if you/your signif. other want to do dinner....or meet up. I leave Friday afternoon, so Thursday is my last night. My fiance's cell is: (916)201-0772.

Otherwise, I look forward to keeping in contact with you. Especially if you are still living here when I move out next July '04.

Allison

Status
Not open for further replies.