• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16 August 03 OCS (Class 04-04)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
just wondering if there are any wives/girlfriends whose significant other will be reporting on 16 August 03 (class 04-04)? It will be so great to be able to chat and help one another throughout OCS.
icon_smile.gif

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
Hi Avigail,

You've been added to the Private Spouse's Corner. Welcome!

Kathy

airleslie

Hi Avigail!

This is the first time I have posted on this site. My boyfriend, who left yesterday to report for 16 August OCS date, suggested I look into it for some support from fellow spouses/girlfriends. I can sure use it!

Airleslie

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Welcome Leslie!!!

I know exactly what you mean...I haven't seen my boyfriend for three weeks now...he's been in Pensacola all this time.
icon_smile_sad.gif

Let me introduce myself, my name is Avigail and my boyfriend's name is Alex. I live in NJ and I'm working with computers so I have access to them all day long...yaaaay! haha...

I'm waiting for the other ladies to come join our forum...there are at least 7 of us in this forum with significant others going to the August 16 class and hopefully there will be more so it will be great. I will let them introduce themselves.
spin_125.gif

So feel free to write or ask about anything and I will try to answer them. I will get you an invite to the private spouses forum so you can view other topics that the other gfs/spouses wrote about their experiences during OCS.
slaphappy_125.gif

looking forward to talking to you more. You can also send me private messages or e-mail anytime.

~Avigail

gagirl

Welcome Airleslie!!

I assume your sign. other is going into the pilot program?
My husband and I along with our girls are headed to Pensacola on Thurs. Where is your guy staying? Everyone plans on meeting up Fri and Sat. evening. YOu might want to jot down some of the other guys numbers and he is welcome to join us.
I'm going to take some pics of all the guys before they go in this weekend so I'll be happy to send some. I might try and get the kodak CD thingy and send them out. Avigail would laugh, but I am not the best on computers.
What is your husbands name? My cell is 706-372-3584. We are staying in the Holiday Inn Express at the beach. My husbands name is John. He's going into supply.
If you talk to him give him some of this info so we can get the most people together.
Talk to you soon.
Feel free to come here and say anything you want. Many of us I'm sure will need to vent or get some support to make just a few more days until a phone call comes.
Anne

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Anne,

glad to see you here...I won't laugh that your not the best with computers....my mom can't even turn the computer on..haha (but then again I can't do the things she does..she's a nurse and God help me if I have to work with needles and blood)

I'm jealous...I want to meet you all and I'm sure Alex would love that too but he's stuck inside the base. I guess the pictures would do...we would cherish these pictures of them with their heads full of hair...lol

~Avigail

lawdawg

Hello Airleslie!

I am Mike's fiance, Stevi. He is going into Supply (Class 04-04). I am glad that you found this site. I will not be coming to P'cola this weekend, so I will not be able to meet you personally. But keep in touch with all of us on the forum.

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
hey Stevi...

glad to see you here too....I'm not going this weekend either but I'm glad Anne is taking pictures for us...she's such an angel...Thanks Anne!!!

Leslie...if you get to talk to your bf, tell him about the planned meeting and maybe Anne can take a picture of him as well.. =D

we love you Anne!!! hahahaha

~Avigail

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Leslie,

of course you're not going through this alone!!! we all feel the same way

first few days I joined this site I spent hours soaking up all the information my poor mind can process...I mean I already know most of the things about OCS and the Navy (being in the submarine wives/gfs yahoo group for almost 2 years and reading up on OCS journals I can get)...but I learned a lot about Pensacola, liberty, dining-out, hi-moms and other OCS-related topics from these forums

I passed some information to Alex and he told me I should apply for Navy Intelligence as I like to browse the web, gather info and find out about anything...hahaha....

being away from your loved one makes you think and rethink a lot of things...I actually started a fight with Alex before he left to make the goodbye easier...I regret it now but we've resolved that stupid argument and we've been stronger since. Absence does make the heart grow fonder and I can't wait to see him when he gets liberty.

so just post away and we'll be here

~avigail

gagirl

Hey everyone...

Stevi...is Mike planning on joining us for the meeting?

Hey Leslie...John and I have been married for almost 12 years! It'll be 12 Oct. 1 while at OCS. We were 20 and 22 when we married. 1992 was the last time we were apart. He was in the Marines and they sent him to CA for 3 months. We've done this before and it was hard, but now I've got the girls to think of. How long have you and Greg been together?
The thing I worry about is staying in this house alone. We just moved here and I don't know many people. At least they don't know I'm by myself. I don't know all the house sounds yet. When John left the last time I slept with a pistol under my pillow. This time I worry if someone broke in that they would get in the girls room first. I do have 3 dogs, but they stay in the bsmt. That might have to change while John's gone. Am I crazy? Now that I'm responsible for someone besides myself I worry more. Hope y'all don't think I'm crazy. I just sleep better when my honey is with me and I can't believe he's getting ready to leave. :(
Avigail...do you know when the "hi moms" is? John wants to get into subs too. he would love to be a suppo on subs.
Talk to all of you later.
Anne

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Leslie,

yes there are still a lot to learn...I'm learning new things everyday. Greg would be able to write you letters after the 1st week....whenever he has free time but just remember they will be busy, especially during the 1st week (indoc week), 4th week (MTT/RLP), 6th week (another inspection) and 9th week (final MTT/RLP).

The mail there is slow, and they don't send out mail on Saturday I found out...so if he dropped the mail Friday after last-pickup it will be sent out Monday. You can send out mail everyday but it varies when they get them (sometimes everyday sometimes once a week)...just make sure to send it in a plain white envelope (no perfume, no heart drawings or lip/kiss marks...hahaa)

He would be able to call you at least once a week (on Sundays) until their class secures (after 4th or 6th week depends on their perfomance) After that I think they can call everynight if they want to.

I've been with Alex for a long time...too long...hahaha....we'll be together five years September 13th. So don't worry about anything, he will be thinking about you a lot and missing you as much as you are missing him.

~Avigail

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Anne,

the "hi moms" will be on Nov. 13th (it is the thursday before graduation)...I'm already saying they will graduate on time...lol

right now I'm waiting to hear if their class will have dining-out or not...we'll all find out soon

~Avigail

gagirl

Do you know if the hi moms is dressy or what? Can the whole family go? I know johns mom wants to etc. but what about the munchkins?
You may not know the answer, but you have known everything else. :)

I wish we were close b/c I need to buy a new desktop comp. I use a laptop now and I have NO idea what to get.
Talk to you later
Anne

Avigail

SubNuke girlfriend
Anne,

haha..I don't know everything...i just tried to learn as much as I can...anyway, yes the whole family can go, John's mom and your twin girls too and anybody else who can and wants to go but there is fee per person. This is to cover costs of the activity and place. It differs per class where they want to hold their hi-moms....some hold it in the officer's club and others at a restaurant/bar in pensacola..

I think you dress casually during hi-moms as,
click here for more info => http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3172

Wish you lived closer too...I will be glad to help you in choosing your PC (I'm not a MAC user so I wouldn't know anything about it)..but for now browse different websites like DELL, GATEWAY/ SONY etc. to find specs on their PCs. I would also babysit/play with your daughters..I love children.

~Avigail

Status
Not open for further replies.