• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 Aug 18 Pilot/NFO board

colonial-aviation

Intermediate Jet
Anyone hear anything on their report date yet? My recruiter said he was pushing for me to go late September, but I just talked to him and he said probably mid-October now. More time to get push ups in right??? ?
I just got my finsel today for 14 October! I was hoping for September too but like you said, the more time for push-ups lol

Come to OCS so shredded they waive PT

Lukess

Just got the call. Pro Rec Y SNA

Here are my stats for everyone still trying to make it.
48 5/6/6
GPA 2.6

My motivation statement would probably make you wanna crack open a beer and wave the American flag during a storm. But I highlighted why I would be a great fit. I could post it here if you guys would like.

My letters of rec were probably my biggest take away. I have access to a couple 0-6 and above but none of them could speak for the type of person I am when shit hits the fan.

Letter 1: Marine Special Ops team Leader (Captain) former Scout sniper platoon leader during my last contact pump.
Letter 2: Department of State Agent (SGT) Scout sniper team leader during my last combat pump
Letter 3: Army Special operations (captain) former instructor
Letter 4: A professor, who supervised my team research and thesis that got accepted on the national level and I was flown out by my university to present it.

All of them spoke about how I am a multiplier and exactly what I bring to table. Yeah my GPA sucks ass but I got it done in only 6 semesters (I wish I had more time but that’s all the time I had) around 22-24 credits a semester and was able to push in minor. I also got a legal waiver, which I thought for sure was gonna be the end of me.
But the good points were that I destroyed Scout Sniper school at the age of 19 (high shooter award from a school that only graduates less than 70 a year) having a great understanding of balitics and weapon systems. I work on engines, tear one apart and put it all back together to push out more power (understanding of combustion engines). I was also an ambassador to my island for a year, also representing at international events.

Sorry for the long ass write up but I thought some of you guys could see maybe why I got selected. Cause with shitty scores and a GPA like mine along side a fuckin legal waiver....it did look like a recipe for a “Pro Rec FUCK NO”.

I’ll see you guys at OCS.

Lukess

??? that’s the dream. I’m getting trained by a former Marine; before I started I was big into powerlifting. Thought because I had a “good” max bench push ups would be a cake walk. Little did I know...hit 48 the other day though so we’re making progress! Happy pushing to all
My ass needs to get back into shape.
Push up and sit-ups I can for sure max out easy, it’s my run time. Last time I literally ran was a Marathon......3yrs ago. I mean it’s only 1.5 miles, pretty short run so it shouldn’t be too bad. Hopefully haha

Lukess

Is there still a handful waiting for their finsel? I put that I was available to ship right away, but I was probably also the last one to get his results in this group. My recruiter says “most likely the 14”, but we all know it doesn’t mean sh#t till you get the actual letter. I just wanted to get an idea of how many got slated for the oct.14 who also put ready to ship at any time. I got cars and a lot of shit I gotta get rid of cause I’m not coming back for a long ass while (if all goes well). I’ll drop everything I got and go anytime but I just wanna get the best buck out of cars and items. Figured I revive this thread since it has been quiet for a while haha

Rak64

Is there still a handful waiting for their finsel? I put that I was available to ship right away, but I was probably also the last one to get his results in this group. My recruiter says “most likely the 14”, but we all know it doesn’t mean sh#t till you get the actual letter. I just wanted to get an idea of how many got slated for the oct.14 who also put ready to ship at any time. I got cars and a lot of shit I gotta get rid of cause I’m not coming back for a long ass while (if all goes well). I’ll drop everything I got and go anytime but I just wanna get the best buck out of cars and items. Figured I revive this thread since it has been quiet for a while haha

I received my finsel earlier this week on Wednesday, but as a point of reference I was also one of the first to hear back after the board. not sure if there is a correlation between the two, but their is still plenty of time.

I haven't received anything yet. For the record, I got the news on Aug 27th. I just finished signing for my background check papers earlier this week. I put in that I was available to ship straight away but haven't heard anything either. I did ask my recruiter about it and he said that NRC is very keen to get all of us (from this board) to OCS asap, but who knows...

I’m still waiting. I asked my recruiter last week about it, to which he said “Your Final Select letter has been generated and just awaiting to be signed by higher authority. Normally, the letter should be release soon when this happens.” So not actually sure what that means or how helpful that is...

nvandvore

I’m still waiting. I asked my recruiter last week about it, to which he said “Your Final Select letter has been generated and just awaiting to be signed by higher authority. Normally, the letter should be release soon when this happens.” So not actually sure what that means or how helpful that is...

Hell, I’m still waiting on a medical clearance letter. You all are getting your finsel letters pretty quick, although this site makes it seems like it could take a couple months.

Wind-Jammer

I'm in the same boat as you, recruiter said he has it and is just waiting to schedule the swearing in, he has to find an officer that can do it. I don't know, I'm pretty sure I'm definitely slated for the 14 oct being that I'm really old and need to commission by February lol.

n558759

Still waiting on FINSEL, I put available asap but who knows, I'm expecting that around September 30th I'll get a finsel for the Oct 14 class. That's how I've always experienced the military to operate ?

crj021

Also haven't gotten my FINSEL yet, although I put my earliest available date for OCS as February 2019. Should I expect to get my FINSEL roughly a month before then?

erik1993

I was not selected on this board and I think it was mostly due to a recent public intoxication charge( class C misdemeanor). I am reapplying for the February board and my recruiter told me that I have to write a short one paragraph statement asking to be reconsidered. Im retaking my ASTB soon and I know I will easily score above a 55 5/6/6 this time around because I only studied for a week last time. ANYWAYS, can yall help me edit my statement below?... I really dont know what to say other than I want this really fkn bad!

"To the members of the OCS selection board,

Thank you for taking for taking the time to review my packet back in August and once again on this current board. Not being selected my first time around has reconfirmed my desire to become a leader in the Navy and has honed in my focus on this goal. Over the past 6 months since hearing the news, I have improved my scores, remained in good moral standing, and continued to volunteer in my community.

Please reconsider my application and thank you again for your time."