• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 Aug 18 Pilot/NFO board

mwilliaams

Applications due to CNRC by 6 July.

Anyone else Pro-Rec N for the May board planning to apply to this one?

On the board schedule spreadsheet it says
Board's Focus / Notes: To pick FY18 quotas **ANTICIPATE LOW BOARD NUMBERS DUE TO NRD HOLDING APPLICANTS FOR NEXT FY**

Can someone explain that? Does it mean they won't select many people?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Applications due to CNRC by 6 July.

Anyone else Pro-Rec N for the May board planning to apply to this one?

On the board schedule spreadsheet it says

Can someone explain that? Does it mean they won't select many people?

You will need to make "Considerable" improvements in order to apply so soon. Usually the rule of thumb is 6 months. Also, I would anticipate your OR holding your application until the FY19 aviation board which should take place around October-Nov timeframe.

mwilliaams

You will need to make "Considerable" improvements in order to apply so soon. Usually the rule of thumb is 6 months. Also, I would anticipate your OR holding your application until the FY19 aviation board which should take place around October-Nov timeframe.

Interesting, I recall several people getting selected in the May board who weren't selected in the Feb board. Why would the OR want to hold until the FY19 board?

peppergunner

ɹǝqɯǝW pǝʇɹǝʌuI
This isn't the official board thread so let's not turn this into the post explosion that the other aviation thread is.

xcd1

Applying NFO. Application already submitted, MEPS and ASTB were completed in late 2017 because I was going to apply to the February board but decided not to for reasons I regret now. Stats (omitting some possible PII):

GPA: 3.34
ASTB: 54 6/6/7
School: Ivy League
Major: STEM field
LORs: Three professors

Training hard PT wise, 1.5 mile time down from 14:25 (May 18)--> 12:07 (June 15). Ideally would like to get 11:30 before OCS. Sit ups are easy, but push ups are a different story... but still have ~3 months to train so no need to worry yet :)

Pop07

Applying NFO. This will be my first board. Waiting to meet with my CO (current active duty E6) then submitting application. Should be early next week.

GPA: 3.95
ASTB: 54 6/6/7
Interviews: O5 (CO pilot), O3 (pilot), O5 (NFO)

Good Luck everyone!