• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

15 Aug 18 Pilot/NFO board

Finally checking in. It's been about 7 months because I had to get a conditional release and the whole process was rocky.
My stats:

• Idaho Army National Guard 5 years E-4
  • Applying: NFO
  • Board: 15 AUG 2018
  • University Of Idaho
  • Degree: B.S. Sociology w/ criminology emphasis and a minor in psychology
  • GPA: 3.02
  • ASTB: 50 6/7/7
  • Letters of Recommendation: O-4 (NFO, Retired), O-6 (Marines retired, Retired head of veteran's affairs at UI), O-5 (Navy pilot retired), O-2 (Current XO in National Guard)

rmstokes2

Hey everyone,

I have posted my stats onto the spreadsheet and am hopeful to apply for SNA at this board. Everything was looking good to submit my packet this week until my OR called and said that my medical came back showing that my depth perception test at MEPS was not admistered. I clearly remember taking the depth perception test and struggling a bit to tell which circle stood out amongst the rest but it didn’t seem to be an issue at the time. I am not clear if I failed the test or if the paper work from that test did not make it through for processing. My OR clearly told me that he was told it was not admistered and is supposed to get back with me regarding this issue. I would appreciate any advice regarding this issue as it would be the only thing holding me back from submitting to the Aug 15 board. Thanks and good luck to everyone applying.

codyselec

Good luck to everyone applying! I'm hoping to sneak onto this board, but will most likely be too late. I go to MEPS next week and you all know how that can be. I'll post my stats anyways in case I do get on.

Applying SNA
Scores: 54 6/8/7
Major: Information Technology and Systems

Hey guys,

I too am hoping to apply for my first time. My CO Rec. is being signed right now and then hopefully forwarding my package in shortly after that. I will upload my stats to the spreadsheet when I can confirm my package was accepted.

SNA only
Active Duty AM2 with 7 years in
BS Business Administration Maj. in Management 3.6 GPA
57 6/7/7
0-5 Pilot LOR, O-4/O-4/O-5 pilot interviews

Currently on an age waiver that expires OCT 2019, and my PRD is 3 months before that, so I have maybe two more chances after this. Staying hopeful! Good luck to everyone!

jakd

pilot
I've been severely dicked by medical since I started this process 9 months ago, hoping my waiver will be back by the submission date.

SNA only
3.45 in Mechanical Engineering
74/9/8/8
LOR: O-6 AD Navy, Professor (retired O-4, Pilot), and boss
Current PPL/IR with 400 hours

crj021

Checking in to this board, first time applying since taking the ASTB back in October of 2016 (a couple of surgeries got in the way in between then).

SNA only
3.4 GPA, History major
69 9/7/9
Letters of recommendation from former employer, university advisors

Aceleo

SNA
Hey everyone,
I am applying for this board and I am taking my ASTB tomorrow. Hopefully, I will do good. I am going for SNA only.
I am already a Nav/NFO select for the Air Force but I havent taken the oath yet. So I am trying one last time to be a Pilot with the Navy.
However I have one concern, I failed my depth perception at MEPs. My recruiter tells me that I will be taking the depth perception test again if I am selected for Pilot. That will happen at Flight physical in OCS. Is that true or am I actually screwed and my recruiter is hiding something?

Aceleo

SNA
I know what you meant but I thought it was pretty funny you said you were selected for Naval Flight Officer in the Air Force.
yea lol, just so people understand, otherwise navy guys probably be confused as to what a CSO is.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone,
I am applying for this board and I am taking my ASTB tomorrow. Hopefully, I will do good. I am going for SNA only.
I am already a Nav/NFO select for the Air Force but I havent taken the oath yet. So I am trying one last time to be a Pilot with the Navy.
However I have one concern, I failed my depth perception at MEPs. My recruiter tells me that I will be taking the depth perception test again if I am selected for Pilot. That will happen at Flight physical in OCS. Is that true or am I actually screwed and my recruiter is hiding something?

You need to have retaken the DP test, passed, and have a full medical clearance by the navy in order to apply for Pilot. Not applicable if you only want NFO...

Aceleo

SNA
You need to have retaken the DP test, passed, and have a full medical clearance by the navy in order to apply for Pilot. Not applicable if you only want NFO...
As far as I know, my medical is clear. At least thats what both my AF and Navy recruiters told me. However I did fail depth perception and both of them told me that I will be checked for depth again after I am selected for Pilot. That will take place during flight physical.

And my navy recruiter is about to submit my application.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
As far as I know, my medical is clear. At least thats what both my AF and Navy recruiters told me. However I did fail depth perception and both of them told me that I will be checked for depth again after I am selected for Pilot. That will take place during flight physical.

And my navy recruiter is about to submit my application.

You might want to check that N3M to ensure you are medically cleared for BOTH pilot and NFO. Once again, you need to be physically qualified for BOTH in order to apply. You can't submit an application for a specific designator if you are not medically qualified...

Aceleo

SNA
You might want to check that N3M to ensure you are medically cleared for BOTH pilot and NFO. Once again, you need to be physically qualified for BOTH in order to apply. You can't submit an application for a specific designator if you are not medically qualified...
My recruiter said he sent my MEPs info to N3M for authorization. He also said that apparently they did not say anything and that I will have another eye exam at flight physical and that will be the final one.
I will check with him again about this when I go to take my ASTB tomorrow.

JH_ATC

Greetings everyone!

I'm checking in for this coming board, waiting on my last two appraisals to arrive to my inbox before submitting.

Active Duty E-6/AC1 - 6 Years
Applying: SNA/NFO
GPA: 3.33 B.S. in Aeronautics
ASTB: 53 6/7/6
LOR: 1 O-8 (Retired Royal Navy), 1 O-5 (Active USN, Former CO)

Question for the military applicants:
Was your CO the last signature in your application? I was, and still am, waiting on appraisals to come back to me. Some of which are dated after the CO signed my application. I also retook my ASTB since he signed, should I get him to sign it again?

This has been a long journey for myself to finally be applying for OCS. I've lurked this forum for years as a three-time STA-21 applicant, and cannot express how thankful I am for the members here putting out great info about these programs. Good luck to everyone applying for this board! Hopefully we will be meeting one another in RI.