• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 13 Jun 2016 IWC Board

adamiojsg

My NRD doesn't have anything yet either. My recruiter apparently was told to stop asking so much and be patient. Weird how certain centers get the info faster than others.

zd0009

Is anybody here applying for Oceano? I submitted my package for Oceano and SWO-Oceano on the June board. PRO-REC was N. I am resubmitting my package for the September board. Does anyone know the quota for Oceano and SWO Oceano on the June board?

Neifion

Is anybody here applying for Oceano? I submitted my package for Oceano and SWO-Oceano on the June board. PRO-REC was N. I am resubmitting my package for the September board. Does anyone know the quota for Oceano and SWO Oceano on the June board?

I applied for Oceano for the June board. I talked to my recruiter on Thursday but he still hasn't received any info. He's been out of the office and is returning this coming Wednesday though, so maybe it came through during his absence.

I don't know the quota, but hopefully it isn't zero!

pi314pi

I got a Pro-Rec Y for IP. I'm pretty relieved that the wait is over. I haven't been able to find too much info online about Information Professionals outside of the Navy site and the career path though. Now the wait begins.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
IWC Board Stats
So, from what I gather in this slide deck, the IWC renamed 181x from "Information Warfare Officer" back to "Crytpologic Warfare Officer," no? When did that happen?

I know IW 181x was originally the Cryppies, but for a while that designator lost the "Crypto-" part of its name. Or am I missing something?

egiv

So, from what I gather in this slide deck, the IWC renamed 181x from "Information Warfare Officer" back to "Crytpologic Warfare Officer," no? When did that happen?

I know IW 181x was originally the Cryppies, but for a while that designator lost the "Crypto-" part of its name. Or am I missing something?

It changed earlier this year: http://www.stationhypo.com/2016/05/designation-of-cryptologic-warfare.html

Here is some good discussion from many of the leaders in the 1810 community: http://www.stationhypo.com/2016/01/attention-iw-officers-we-have-new-name.html

RewMont

I got a Pro-Rec Y for IP. I'm pretty relieved that the wait is over. I haven't been able to find too much info online about Information Professionals outside of the Navy site and the career path though. Now the wait begins.
Congratulations! I also received a Pro-Rec Y for IP from the June selection board. This was my fourth OCS application, persistence paid off.