• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 13 Jun 2016 IWC Board

exNavyOffRec

Congratulations! I also received a Pro-Rec Y for IP from the June selection board. This was my fourth OCS application, persistence paid off.

The board doesn't care about persistence, they pick best qualified, data shows getting picked up after a no is much harder, to be honest looking at your stats I would have thought you would have been picked up right away, unless your previous applications didn't have your post grad education.

RewMont

The board doesn't care about persistence, they pick best qualified, data shows getting picked up after a no is much harder, to be honest looking at your stats I would have thought you would have been picked up right away, unless your previous applications didn't have your post grad education.
I understand what you are saying. My education was all prior to joining the Navy. After each non-select I spoke with people in Millington at OCS questions and they agreed and thought I should have been selected. The major difference for this application was another NAM, JSOQ and I went out and got a few new interview appraisals from some O-6s, maybe thats what made the difference?

exNavyOffRec

I understand what you are saying. My education was all prior to joining the Navy. After each non-select I spoke with people in Millington at OCS questions and they agreed and thought I should have been selected. The major difference for this application was another NAM, JSOQ and I went out and got a few new interview appraisals from some O-6s, maybe thats what made the difference?

I would say the interviews in your circumstance for being AD helped, but awards are very subjective, some places give them away so they really have little weight.

I have seen E-5's with more NAM's than some MCPO's!

Skikopey

Curious why there hasnt' been a new thread for the next board? If it is indeed scheduled for 19-Sep-16, deadline is already couple weeks past due. Anybody heard anything about if this board is still on schedule or not?

I heard that it was, but I've also been reassured that the 24-Oct SWO board is happening, so definitely taking that with a heaping of salt.

Intel101

Ready too see my dream come a reality
Curious why there hasnt' been a new thread for the next board? If it is indeed scheduled for 19-Sep-16, deadline is already couple weeks past due. Anybody heard anything about if this board is still on schedule or not?
I talk to a chief/Program manager to confirm my package was submitted for Sep board and she said it was.....so my understanding a board should take place on that date.

Skikopey

Has anybody heard if an IDC board is convening tomorrow? I've tried numerous times to reach various recruiters and NORS via phone call, voice messages and emails with no response. It's like everyone just disappeared the last couple weeks....

LuckyMcFly

I'm guessing that since there was never a thread created on here for the Sept 19th board that the IWC staff decided to cancel the board :D

All kidding aside, I'm expecting we probably wont find out if it convened right away, probably in a week or two when ever results start getting sent out(assuming it convenes on time). In the mean time I'll be forging for four leaf clovers and crossing my fingers.

Intel101

Ready too see my dream come a reality
@LuckyMcFly when I talked to the PM I asked her if I would be on the next board on 19 Sep. She replied and said I was on the board list for the upcoming IWC board. She did not give a specific date and next board could be today or two months from now. Just have to wait until the big dogs on this site confirm a date or someone else with reliable information confirms with first hand knowledge and not from the rumor mill.......Also the conversation or emails with me and the PM took place in late Aug

detlnsmm

My recommendation to you guys is to call the community manager directly and simply ask. That's what my command did when we were in the dark for the June board and he told us that it was in fact delayed. Best of luck!

jramus

eh, won't make the results come out any sooner. I will just be waiting for a phone call and check BOL once a week.

Good luck everyone...

exNavyOffRec

@LuckyMcFly when I talked to the PM I asked her if I would be on the next board on 19 Sep. She replied and said I was on the board list for the upcoming IWC board. She did not give a specific date and next board could be today or two months from now. Just have to wait until the big dogs on this site confirm a date or someone else with reliable information confirms with first hand knowledge and not from the rumor mill.......Also the conversation or emails with me and the PM took place in late Aug

The date on the board list is just an estimation, remember that, it is not a hard date.

Any of the Pro-Rec'd folks receive their final selection letters yet?

Sure haven't. I had some additional paperwork to submit so it may have taken longer, but I was told my letter was up for signature 8AUG. However was also told that "it will take WEEKS" (their emphasis) before it gets to my chain of command for the official notification.

So, probably soon? Maybe? Eventually? Yeah I'm going to just stick with eventually.