• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 13 Jun 2016 IWC Board

LuckyMcFly

Nothing has been put out about this board being delayed or cancelled.
My recruiter told me on Thursday that the board wasn't happening. Is this true or is this just a misunderstanding? I had been planning on submitting my package this coming week. If the board is not cancelled/delayed, will I be unable to submit in time due to CIRIMS being down till the 9th and the NRD deadline being the 6th?

I have not been told this yet. The website (NPC) still shows that the board is convening. I am active duty and do not use CIRIMS, so I would not be able to give you any information on that.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
My recruiter told me on Thursday that the board wasn't happening. Is this true or is this just a misunderstanding? I had been planning on submitting my package this coming week. If the board is not cancelled/delayed, will I be unable to submit in time due to CIRIMS being down till the 9th and the NRD deadline being the 6th?

See my original post. Nothing has been put out regarding this board. Assuming this board convened you will likely be on deck for the next board.

Skikopey

I tried a couple searches, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Does anybody know how the selection process/boards actually work? Like how many people review an application and how many votes are needed and does ever voting member see all the same packets or are some sent to some and some sent to others?

I'm planning on applying this next June board however, I don't finish grad school until May 2017, would this hurt my application in any way, for example, they pass me up because it's further away then other candidates? I've heard varying opinions about this...

Also, does anybody know what accessions these next boards are for, ie. entering OCS FY 16-17, etc?

Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

I tried a couple searches, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Does anybody know how the selection process/boards actually work? Like how many people review an application and how many votes are needed and does ever voting member see all the same packets or are some sent to some and some sent to others?

I'm planning on applying this next June board however, I don't finish grad school until May 2017, would this hurt my application in any way, for example, they pass me up because it's further away then other candidates? I've heard varying opinions about this...

Also, does anybody know what accessions these next boards are for, ie. entering OCS FY 16-17, etc?

Thanks!

Did you ask your recruiter about the selection process?

As for FY17 numbers they haven't been released and we won't know till January 2017. Roughly.

Skikopey

Did you ask your recruiter about the selection process?

As for FY17 numbers they haven't been released and we won't know till January 2017. Roughly.

I did ask, I wasn't completely satisfied with the answer so I thought I would see what the Gods on here had to say about the process. He mentioned he doesn't know for Intel how many sit on a board or how many votes are needed but that the packet is sent in a hard copy and the board looks at it as a holistic approach to who is most competitive and some voting members will give preference to what they may think is more important than other parts of the application. This is a general answer at best...I was looking for transparent and concrete insight into the hidden, dark, behind the doors, covert action of an Intel board much like the spy-craft they so skillfully execute in every day Naval warfare operations.

So you're saying FY 17 accessions aren't known or started until FY17? That seems like that would make for some dreadful readiness of mobility and logistics for the incoming and current leaders...

FormerRecruitingGuru

I did ask, I wasn't completely satisfied with the answer so I thought I would see what the Gods on here had to say about the process. He mentioned he doesn't know for Intel how many sit on a board or how many votes are needed but that the packet is sent in a hard copy and the board looks at it as a holistic approach to who is most competitive and some voting members will give preference to what they may think is more important than other parts of the application. This is a general answer at best...I was looking for transparent and concrete insight into the hidden, dark, behind the doors, covert action of an Intel board much like the spy-craft they so skillfully execute in every day Naval warfare operations.

So you're saying FY 17 accessions aren't known or started until FY17? That seems like that would make for some dreadful readiness of mobility and logistics for the incoming and current leaders...

Yes the Navy and all other branches do the same thing. For the new FY, they typically will go off previous FY's numbers until it's been approved by Congress. The length of time it takes for the Navy to determine the end strength, then to have Congress approve the numbers in a timely manner is time consuming at the very least. Once Congress makes the approval, generally around the new calendar year big Navy will make the adjustments (which are typically minor) as necessary.

exNavyOffRec

The Navy Intel community has a FB page under Pers-472 it has the stats for the past several boards, some key factors are tech degree and higher GPA, I believe the average GPA is around 3.4 but most are much higher there was I believe one person with a low GPA that dragged the average down.

Skikopey

Yes the Navy and all other branches do the same thing. For the new FY, they typically will go off previous FY's numbers until it's been approved by Congress. The length of time it takes for the Navy to determine the end strength, then to have Congress approve the numbers in a timely manner is time consuming at the very least. Once Congress makes the approval, generally around the new calendar year big Navy will make the adjustments (which are typically minor) as necessary.

Interesting and very insightful, thank you!

Skikopey

The Navy Intel community has a FB page under Pers-472 it has the stats for the past several boards, some key factors are tech degree and higher GPA, I believe the average GPA is around 3.4 but most are much higher there was I believe one person with a low GPA that dragged the average down.

Thx...very nice and informative powerpoints on that FB page, but I guess I was more curious about the actual selection process than the stats per se.