• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 13 Jun 2016 IWC Board

FleetDoc88

Can you post your stats? Being that you're 28... have you considered other GENOFF options like Pilot/NFO/SWO/Supply (if you have a business related degree)?

Sure thing:

HM2(SW) AD approx 5 yrs
Applying for: Intel, IWO
College: BS Political Science, Santa Clara University, GPA 3.4
OAR: 64
OA: 0-6 (Commodore of ARG), 0-4 (Intel), CWO4 (Crypto)
LOR: Dept Head, College Prof, USAF JAG

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Sure thing:

HM2(SW) AD approx 5 yrs

Is your overall goal to go Intel/IWO or to be an officer? If the answer is the latter I'd highly recommend considering NFO or SWO if you don't get PROREC'd for this upcoming board.

exNavyOffRec

Sure thing:

HM2(SW) AD approx 5 yrs

I would second what RUFIO said, you have just average stats for Intel/IWO but above average for SWO and NFO

LukeS

RUFiO181, NavyOffRec,
In your opinion, are recommendations required if you have strong appraisals?

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Want to know what the March 2016 board did? Demographics, age, OAR score, degree type, etc.? It's public and posted on the PERS 472 Facebook page. It was posted on April 15th. Priceless gouge for applicants and recruiters alike. https://www.facebook.com/Pers472

vabiok2295

Looking on the board results posted on Feb, there is a clear variance between fleet/nrd and which designators were selected with greater frequency. If I am not selected this time, is there a source for understanding what the drivers will be for future selection boards?

I applied for Intel/IP/cw. I have a masters in international business from Arizona state, but a low GPA, 2.96. I wonder if the lack of stem degree will hurt my competitiveness for IP and cw, and I am certainly concerned that my GPA is below the range of selectees from prior two boards.

-active duty electricians mate

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Looking on the board results posted on Feb, there is a clear variance between fleet/nrd and which designators were selected with greater frequency. If I am not selected this time, is there a source for understanding what the drivers will be for future selection boards?

I applied for Intel/IP/cw. I have a masters in international business from Arizona state, but a low GPA, 2.96. I wonder if the lack of stem degree will hurt my competitiveness for IP and cw, and I am certainly concerned that my GPA is below the range of selectees from prior two boards.

It sounds like you may have looked at the board gouge I shared yesterday from https://www.facebook.com/Pers472. If not, go there and look through their April 15th post.

As for your competitiveness, your masters degree doesn't speak to anything in the IWC at all. If anything, it speaks to Supply Corps. Unless you have some experience that speaks to CW/IP, I wouldn't expect a selection no matter what your GPA and OAR are.

vabiok2295

It sounds like you may have looked at the board gouge I shared yesterday from https://www.facebook.com/Pers472. If not, go there and look through their April 15th post.

As for your competitiveness, your masters degree doesn't speak to anything in the IWC at all. If anything, it speaks to Supply Corps. Unless you have some experience that speaks to CW/IP, I wouldn't expect a selection no matter what your GPA and OAR are.

Off of the fb data, Intel itself had a lot of degrees similar to mine. My undergraduate degrees are history and psychology and I have foreign language ability. I am too old for supply since I am 31. They no longer give waivers past 31. I am working on a mathematics bachelors to boost my GPA and to have a stem degree in hand.

exNavyOffRec

CW has specific degrees they take from specific colleges, all are tech degrees so that will be a no go, they should have told you before you submitted.

exNavyOffRec

Off of the fb data, Intel itself had a lot of degrees similar to mine. My undergraduate degrees are history and psychology and I have foreign language ability. I am too old for supply since I am 31. They no longer give waivers past 31. I am working on a mathematics bachelors to boost my GPA and to have a stem degree in hand.

The community has a 60/40 split of tech to non tech when they do selections, that tends to mean those selected with non tech degrees have higher GPA's, if you look the selection for GPA's under 3.00 is very low.

It is good you are working on a math degree, planning ahead is a good.