• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 January 2014 OCS class date

Hey group, I just finally got that call about my class date and this looks like it will be the day! I am currently living in Rhode Island and I am about 20 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from the base. If anyone needs a spot to crash the night before class up on the Sunday or could use a ride from the airport please contact me. (save you few bucks on a taxi)

trakus

From the thread it looks like we've got about 5 or 6 SNAs in this class, plus some more. What are the typical OCS class sizes like, somewhere between 35 to 100 right?

AughtaRotate

Glorified Bus Driver
Hey group, I just finally got that call about my class date and this looks like it will be the day! I am currently living in Rhode Island and I am about 20 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from the base. If anyone needs a spot to crash the night before class up on the Sunday or could use a ride from the airport please contact me. (save you few bucks on a taxi)

Party at Johns house the night before check-in. Showing up hungover sure would be a way to start OCS ha.

From the thread it looks like we've got about 5 or 6 SNAs in this class, plus some more. What are the typical OCS class sizes like, somewhere between 35 to 100 right?

I think class sizes are hovering around 50-70 right now, as far as I can tell from the Officer Training Command Facebook page (just a rough guess from the pictures they post). Only two more classes commence before ours, in case anyone needed anything else to stress over.

Speaking of Facebook, anyone want to send me a PM with their FB usernames and I'll set up a page for our class? AW is great, but it'd be easier, better way to get to know everyone, and it'd be cool for us to keep up with each other after commissioning. I met a former Coastie who just had a 10 year OCS graduation reunion. I didnt know that was a thing? I think I need 3 or 4 other people to set the group up.

I know many classes have been full of pilots! I work on the base and see all these guys going through OCS.

Also my Facebook contact is in my information on my profile. There will also be a page started up by the command. They usually set one up for each class. Ours should be generated soon.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
We will have senior chief schuggart (spelling could be off) I've met him and he will be a great chief to train us!
Yup, the spelling is off. I'd correct it, but people seem to discourage posting last names on this forum for PII reasons or something like that (on that note, you might wanna change your username for the same reason, also because DI's and RDC's might find your posts, I've heard they like to check this site to recon their incoming class). But yeah, he was our class chief and he's pretty awesome. Taught us a lot, gave us some laughs, didn't beat us too much (unless we deserved it).

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
That's what this thread is for, just let the mods know what new username you'd like, and as long as it's not already taken, they'll take care of it.

m26

Contributor
Of course your name would still be in the quotes in the thread unless everyone goes back and edits it out...