• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

Angels

Contributor
Well, that's clearly not going to happen. Once the guy is in custody, you kind of have to let the justice system run its course.

Brett
Yeah...I wasn't actually implying that that would/could happen. People were throwin out stoning, firing squad, etc. I was just throwing out another one.

Bevo16

pilot
Really?

A member of the military committed premeditated murder against another member(s) of the military, and that murder was carried out on base.

That statement is true for both cases.

"Hate" was most likely the primary motivator for both cases. (killing infidels vs. killing a homosexual) {cue the local bleeding heart jerkoffs to tell me "not to jump to conclusions on the motive"}.

In both cases, there were serious warning signs that the killer was a danger.

Tell me again how different they are.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Even going with the terrorism motive, the two crimes are still very different.

The E-5 killed one guy he personally knew out of fear of being exposed as a homosexual. The O-4 killed multiple people because he was trying to kill as many servicemembers as possible. His crime wasn't directed toward any specific individual.

Yes, they both involve murder with firearms, but that's where the similarity ends.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
"Hate" was most likely the primary motivator for both cases. (killing infidels vs. killing a homosexual) {cue anyone with half a brain to tell me "not to talk out my ass on the motive"}.
If you can provide a credible source as of right now that indicates the killing at Ft Hood was motivated by "killing infidels", I would be interested to see it; otherwise you are talking out yer wazoo.

And according to the article you posted, some of the family believes the gay sailor was killed by another gay sailor afraid of being "outed" (after earlier claims it was a "hate crime"), the Navy spokesman indicates that they "...don't have any information to suggest it was a hate crime", and LGBT rights groups say that they don't have enough info on the crime yet to draw a conclusion. Maybe you have something else that indicates the Navy/local law enforcement have charged someone in the crime or completed their investigation.

Actually, maybe you are right in that these two cases are similar/"apples to apples"; the actual motive in each case has yet to be resolved.:icon_wink

Bevo16

pilot
{cue the local bleeding heart jerkoffs to tell me "not to jump to conclusions on the motive"}.

You are right on time Herc. I knew that I could count on you.

If you can provide a credible source as of right now that indicates the killing at Ft Hood was motivated by "killing infidels", I would be interested to see it...

Newsflash dude:

THE GUY WAS A MUSLIM!!!!!

Any other dots you need connected?

Do you need me to link some New York Times story about the guy's statements, the arguments he got into with his peers about the subject, and the esteem than he held suicide bombers?

For fuck's sake. It's this kind of "yea, but can you PROVE it?" stupidity that has us constantly behind the curve. I don't need to PROVE anything. The shooter proved MY point last Thursday. If you really want to believe that his religion was TOTALLY disconnected to his actions...well...that's just fucking stupid.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
THE GUY WAS A MUSLIM!!!!!
25 pt text:
The next best thing to facts.:icon_wink

The Army doesn't yet know his motivation. The local law enforcement doesn't know his motivation. Perhaps he was motivated by religion, but until the full facts come out, it's all a bunch of conjecture/scuttlebutt/guesswork/talking out your ass. Feel free, if it makes you feel better.

And I can always count on you toe the "crazy right-winger" line.:)

jtmedli

pilot
25 pt text:
The next best thing to facts.:icon_wink

The Army doesn't yet know his motivation. The local law enforcement doesn't know his motivation. Perhaps he was motivated by religion, but until the full facts come out, it's all a bunch of conjecture/scuttlebutt/guesswork/talking out your ass. Feel free, if it makes you feel better.

And I can always count on you toe the "crazy right-winger" line.:)

I'm not saying he did it 'because' he was a Muslim, but the friends and family on the news seem to think that this d-bag didn't want to kill other Muslims and that's why he was against deploying. So in a round about way it may be 'because' he was Muslim.

Either way I say try him as a traitor and form up the firing squad. Eye for an Eye of sorts.

Bevo16

pilot
The Army doesn't yet know his motivation. The local law enforcement doesn't know his motivation. Perhaps he was motivated by religion, but until the full facts come out, it's all a bunch of conjecture/scuttlebutt/guesswork/talking out your ass.

This shit is so fucking stupid it does not even need a rebuttal. Thanks for showing how willfully ignorant one has to be to be counted on the left.

wildlife-monkeys-hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

HercDriver, Flash, and QuagmireMcGuire prepare to discuss the day's events.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I say we get this word popular right now. This piece of shit is a TRAITOR

He's a TERRORIST of the Islamofascist America hating variety, ( is there anybody on this board that in their little heart of hearts dosn't believe that this is true??)....and there isn't a single voice in our Chain of Command that will call a spade a spade, (at least not publicly). I'm beyond flummexed.

Clux4

Banned
He's a TERRORIST....and there isn't a single voice in our Chain of Command that will call a spade a spade. I'm beyond flummexed.

He must be a weak terrorist. Especially in a place like Ft. Hood, he could have gone down with way more people. So no I do not really think he is a terrorist. I am not going to go into details and give terrorist ideas on an open forum but think about events in London and Spain and the level of destruction. Compare those attacks. Do you see the difference?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
He's a TERRORIST of the Islamofascist America hating variety, ( is there anybody on this board that in their little heart of hearts dosn't believe that this is true??)....and there isn't a single voice in our Chain of Command that will call a spade a spade, (at least not publicly). I'm beyond flummexed.

Where is the connection to "Islamofascism"? That he was a Muslim that killed Americans? What is the political aim that this act of presumed terrorism was supposed to support? Hasan didn't leave that clear at all, and the rest is all presumption until he's fit for interrogation.

It's pretty common to lump the DC Snipers as "Islamofascist terrorists", but they never exhibited a political intent, either. Was the Zodiac killer a terrorist too?

Yes, he was a Muslim. He was also 39-year old loner who couldn't get laid.