• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

Cleonard19

Contributor
On a side note, am i the only one that is starting to think that El Jefe's non-action on the call for more troops is because he's hoping it'll go away and people will forget about it?

This is my number one problem with this guy. I'd rather have a President that when tasked with a challenging decision, makes a damned decision, whether it be right or wrong, and go with it until its CLEAR that another course of action is more appropriate. Type B personalities have no business in certain professions.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
On a side note, am i the only one that is starting to think that El Jefe's non-action on the call for more troops is because he's hoping it'll go away and people will forget about it?

This is my number one problem with this guy. I'd rather have a President that when tasked with a challenging decision, makes a damned decision, whether it be right or wrong, and go with it until its CLEAR that another course of action is more appropriate. Type B personalities have no business in certain professions.

El Jefe?

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Maybe he will get to it when he is done giving "shout outs"...

Totally bizarre speech. Well, it was Thursday afternoon. Maybe he had something else on his mind.

His home town press is not to thrilled with him:

Not Impressed.

I'd like to provide some cultural context, within the Native tradition, it is respectful to acknowledge the presence of elders, chiefs, and distinguished veterans.

This was a pre-scheduled event to address economic issues within Indian Country. He was scheduled to address the attendess who are all tribal leaders representing their respective tribes. However, due to the events at Ft. Hood, his speech took on a different tone.

Cleonard19

Contributor
I'd like to provide some cultural context, within the Native tradition, it is respectful to acknowledge the presence of elders, chiefs, and distinguished veterans.

This was a pre-scheduled event to address economic issues within Indian Country. He was scheduled to address the attendess who are all tribal leaders representing their respective tribes. However, due to the events at Ft. Hood, his speech took on a different tone.

Good catch.

Bevo16

pilot

...However, due to the events at Ft. Hood, his speech took on a different tone.

Nothing about the President's "tone" suggested he had any understanding of what was going on or the impact that it was going to have. He rambled on for 2 and a half minutes in a light and conversational manner before he even got to the tragic events of the day. Seriously, at that point, who give a flying fuck how productive their conference was?

Mumbles hit on this in the thread about Dover, and the same thing applies here:

there are more than a few of us that don't think that the Prez holds our organization(s) in very high regard.....

There is a growing number of people in the Military who suspect that the President does not really support our mission or us in general. Acting like he did in that video does nothing but reinforce that point of view.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Seriously, at that point, who give a flying fuck how productive their conference was?

My uncle retired from the Army and still lives just off Ft. Hood, so I understand and appreciate the seriousness of the events that took place and I no way wish to diminish the tragedy, but as a member of one of those tribes in attendance with relatives and friends who still live on reservations without electricity and running, clean water, I give a flying fuck how productive that conference was. But, that is a separate topic best left for another time and place.

Bevo16

pilot
....as a member of one of those tribes in attendance with relatives and friends who still live on reservations without electricity and running, clean water, I give a flying fuck how productive that conference was. But, that is a separate topic best left for another time and place.

I am sure there were a few elementary school teachers that would have been interested to hear how President Bush's morning reading books to kids went on September 11th, but when he stood up to address the nation GWB had the good sense to get to the fucking point.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
From all reports ... the weapon of choice for the discerning Muslim-Army-psychiatrist-cum terrorist ... the FN 5.7X28mm ...

300px-Five-seveN_USG.jpg

Who said 'little bullets' didn't do damage ... ??? So much for the ballistics 'experts'.

Buy yours now before the politicians decide they're 'outlawed' and you're an outlaw if you carry one ...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
FT Hood Shooter Purchased FN5.7 Legally; Media Already Shilling for Gun Control

Calling it a "Cop Killer" gun
Even ABC's in on the sensationalism

I remember it was the subject of some debate a while back, but survived on store shelves (with the armor-piercing ammo being restricted to LE only). I would suspect it's going to be the next "Evil Black Rifle"-style cause celebré now.:icon_rage

Along with a whole host of new regulations making gun purchasing just that much more onerous.

OTOH, through this we learn that tech-geek, uber-blogger Xeni Jardin apprently is a responsible gun owner, color me surprised. And attracted.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
I am sure there were a few elementary school teachers that would have been interested to hear how President Bush's morning reading books to kids went on September 11th, but when he stood up to address the nation GWB had the good sense to get to the fucking point.

I just completed watching the video of President Bush as his aide just whispered into his ear about the second plane hitting the tower. Does that mean he entered the classroom and sat down to hear the children go through their spelling lesson knowing what happened with the first plane? After he was told, he continued to sit in his chair; he even opened the book and began to follow the teacher's lesson. He then congratulated the students on their good reading of the lesson and thanked the class for hosting him.

Is this the getting to the fucking point that you refer to?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bizarre? I'll tell you what's bizarre. I think someone said it in another post. What other molehill can you people turn into a mountain?

This wasn't some kind of 9/11-like event here where the nation needed consoling or the masses turning to the President for guidance. I don't want to diminish the tragic nature of what went on, but this is akin to any other similar tragedy: mass shooting, train accident or airline crash in terms of scope. Every presidential speech (or Naval ceremony) begins with an acknowledgment of important attendees - standard protocol.

Come on, people.

Brett