• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 Dead, 31 Wounded @ FT HOOD

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
You have just uttered the most retarded fucking statement of the day... How do we (the government) deserve this? We should let every assbag who signs up and then changes their mind not deploy? Just the rich ones with lawyers? Or maybe the muslim looking ones? Should we just allow him to run to Canada? Choices have repercussions, and now you say because he decided he was too fucking lazy/arrogant to live with his life decisions and shot some people the GOVERNMENT IS TO BLAME? As a member of the United States of America I say FUCK YOU, KEN, AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON!!!

Picklesuit, first of all, slow your fucking role. I didn't say anyone deserved this. I'm saying if you CHOOSE to ignore signs, THIS SHIT HAPPENS. I don't understand why you would force disgruntled military members to stay in. Isn't it obvious that they will do more harm then good? The answer to that question is yes, this is evidence. Just nod your head Pickle and STFU.

That's horseshit. I am tired of CO's, or ANYONE that matter being punished for shit other people did. There are PLENTY of people, Officers included, who don't agree with the war. It's called service. He needed to serve his contract honorably and get out.

How could it be ANYONE ELSE'S FAULT for his gunning down innocent people? I can't believe you would think anyone else should be held accountable.

Otto, you have to be misunderstanding me, or something. Just to clarify, I'm not saying this guy should not be held accountable for his actions, or that his "signs" being ignored are an excuse for his actions. I'm simply saying that this should not have happened. If it takes letting military members out of their contracts to prevent incidents like this, sobeit.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Throttle back boys ... 'we' are not the enemy. 'We' are in this together ... always have been, always will be ...

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Picklesuit, first of all, slow you're fucking role. I didn't say anyone deserved this. I'm saying if you CHOOSE to ignore signs, THIS SHIT HAPPENS. I don't understand why you would force disgruntled military members to stay in. Isn't it obvious that they will do more harm then good? The answer to that question is yes, this is evidence. Just nod your Pickle and STFU.

Okay Ken...here's my "role" for you...many guys in the military are disgruntled about something. Shitty orders, 4th trip to Iraq/Afghanistan (you know, like the Marines...the guys who have been there for 3 years out the past 5?) wife just left you because you make dick as an E-3 and she got a better offer from the dentist, got passed over for O-4, passed over for MC, passed over for E-6, passed over for IP, passed over for Pilot and stuck being a SWO... Guess what, they Suck it Up. They do their fucking job, and they make the best of a shitty situation. They don't shoot people.

This asshat was bitching about making his first deployment and lawyered up...so what? Let him go? Are you fucking kidding me? The "government" apparently DID do something...took his happy ass away from the true heroes at Walter Reed and sent him to Ft. Hood (not saying those guys aren't heroes...). Made him the Indoc O for a bunch of guys fixin' to leave. Sounds like "they" did something to me.

"Disgruntled Military Members" get forced to stay in all the time..ever heard of stop loss? Ever heard of the douchebags who claim they are queer just to get out? How about that guy stuck working ARO on mids because noone wants to work with him? They find a job, they serve their contract.

Ken, you said: "the government asked for this (so to speak) to happen and those who ignored this guys requests should be paying the price"

I take that as you think by not letting a disgruntled person out of the military they will decide to kill people...and that his commanders should have realized this and by not doing so should be held culpable....

So maybe I will "slow my roll" by saying this: "Ken, you had a stupid opinion and I disagree with it strongly"...does that make you feel better? Good...

AJTranny

Over to the dark side I go...
pilot
None
Ken, I think the expression is "slow you're roll." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it came from the popular ace-deuce tactic (slow rolling) of keeping all of your pieces on your side of the board and thus denying the better and more aggressive player from quickly advancing his pieces and taking your money. A tactic I regretfully relied on during cruise. Oh yeah, stop the AW hate everyone.

CAMike

None
Contributor
Exactly- The level of "Enthusiasm" in this thread is impressive, however I think we've lost sight of the bigger picture due to the personal pride we each share in our posts.

What stirred our emotions like this? Possibly...

1. It's an honor to serve and someone who took the same oath as we did betrayed the thing that's most common among us. Mutual trust.

2. Many innocent lives were taken prematurely and unjustly- and they worked for the same "Man" we do.

I'm sure when the investigation is completed we'll take what we learned from it and hopefully become a stronger group for it.

Say a prayer for the survivors as well.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Picklesuit, first of all, slow you're fucking role. I didn't say anyone deserved this. I'm saying if you CHOOSE to ignore signs, THIS SHIT HAPPENS. I don't understand why you would force disgruntled military members to stay in. Isn't it obvious that they will do more harm then good? The answer to that question is yes, this is evidence. Just nod your head Pickle and STFU.
Well, we have a contract, and we can't (nor should we) just let people walk away whenever they want to... or maybe they can, but that's something for people with stars on their collars to debate.

So the other solution would be to throw any remotely disgruntled servicemember into prison because they might otherwise shoot up a base. Seems a little ridiculous, no?

I'm sorry, but this shit doesn't just "happen." Job dissatisfaction is not a "sign" for mass murder.

My heart goes out to the people and families involved in this tragedy.

QuagmireMcGuire

Kinder and Gentler
Ken, I think the expression is "slow you're roll." Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it came from the popular ace-deuce tactic (slow rolling) of keeping all of your pieces on your side of the board and thus denying the better and more aggressive player from quickly advancing his pieces and taking your money. A tactic I regretfully relied on during cruise. Oh yeah, stop the AW hate everyone.

Not to futher detract from this thread but I believe "slow your roll (role)" can go either way.

Pardon the slang but:

"Playa, you need to back the fuck up and slow your role in this shit."

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
The sinking feeling in my stomach isn't detraced by all the nonsense arguing... (PICKLE- I am talking to you)

Why don't we stay with the subject at hand... this guy is a dickwad... My heart breaks for the families and friends of those servicemembers.

I only wish they would waterboard his ass to get to the bottom of why he did it...
(or maybe just shoot him instead)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Damn.......being nagged across the internet and ocean.....

What's it going to be Pickle? "Yes Ma'am, I'll shut up now" or "WOMAN! Get back in the kitchen!"

Inquiring minds want to know....

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
Damn.......being nagged across the internet and ocean.....

What's it going to be Pickle? "Yes Ma'am, I'll shut up now" or "WOMAN! Get back in the kitchen!"

Inquiring minds want to know....
Don't make me come get you, too, HAL! I'm back, I'm PMSing and I'm ready for a fight!
:p

p.s. you all know who wears the pants in this family... Pickle looks better in skirts than I do...

CalamityJean

I know which way the wind shines!
I only wish they would waterboard his ass to get to the bottom of why he did it...
(or maybe just shoot him instead)

The little prick by being such a freaking coward just took his nearly 0% chance of dying as a psychiatrist behind the wire in the sandbox to a nearly 100% chance of death in the U.S.A.

God I hope his big burly future cell mate makes him his snuggle monkey butt toy before his day in hell.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Anyone else find it disgusting how many news outlets are making the shooter out to be some victim of psychological torture?

I suppose it's to be expected in a way, but c'mon...the guy just went on a killing spree, and you want to talk about how he feels?