• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
My recruiter actually sent me a text with a picture of an actual letter. It had my address and everything on it. I am swearing in tomorrow, so i am assuming they will just hand it to me.
The processor from the recruiting station also sent me an email with gouge in it and said its time to go.
I guess everyone is different, email, snail mail, or just getting from recruiter.

kthompson.navy

So this is probably a stupid question but I honestly couldn't find the answer on here. Is the FINSEL a legit letter? Like received through snail mail or is it just an email?
I am also active duty, and was actually wondering the same thing. I'm assuming we'll receive an email from the same guy that sent our COs the request for the release date. My CO requested a release date of no earlier than October 1st.

Has anyone else from AD that's on the special SNA/SNFO board heard any updates? I was last told that is should convene next week, but I wanted to touch base. Furthermore, has anyone else's Advancement Board results disappeared from BOL? Possibly due to how long it has been up there, my guess is they just took it down.

ISLANDERZPZ

Has anyone else from AD that's on the special SNA/SNFO board heard any updates? I was last told that is should convene next week, but I wanted to touch base. Furthermore, has anyone else's Advancement Board results disappeared from BOL? Possibly due to how long it has been up there, my guess is they just took it down.
Mine disappeared. If we were on that board were we suppose to be notified? Still waiting on FINSEL and a date so now all this chatter has me nervous again.

Mine disappeared. If we were on that board were we suppose to be notified? Still waiting on FINSEL and a date so now all this chatter has me nervous again.

Okay cool, thanks for the correlation. And yes, I believe the program manager or your CO should have put it out. Some kind soul put the managers number out here earlier (a page or two ago) if you wanna check.

However, I wouldn't worry whatsoever about the FINSEL. I think for most AD people it takes just a bit longer. And from what I was told by the program manager, if you are on this special board, you still have your last results to rely on. But I totally get your concerns, perfectly normal to feel that way.

Safashton

I'm still waiting as well, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact my Release Date is December 1st, 2017. I'm expecting to likely have a FINSEL probably sometime in November, and I believe RUFIO181 Posted a OCS class date of 10DEC17, so, also expecting that class date for myself. However, I do agree, not having a FINSEL makes me a little nervous. However, when I spoke to my CO about requesting them to hold me till December 1st for personal reasons, he personally inquired calling Paul Celestin whom emailed us with the Congratulations email about my PRO-REC-Y and requesting the Command Release date. He asked if regarding if my release date in December affects my recommendation, and it was said that it did not, so I think its nothing to worry about, unless you got selected for a designator you didn't want that you didn't even apply for. I only put pilot, got selected, so I'm trying not to worry about it.

Plus, they post on the NPC portal shipping classes, so I suspect you don't get a FINSEL until a class is finalized. Theres likely 100's waiting on FINSEL, so just matter of order of precedence.

justheretocreep

I'm still waiting as well, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact my Release Date is December 1st, 2017. I'm expecting to likely have a FINSEL probably sometime in November, and I believe RUFIO181 Posted a OCS class date of 10DEC17, so, also expecting that class date for myself. However, I do agree, not having a FINSEL makes me a little nervous. However, when I spoke to my CO about requesting them to hold me till December 1st for personal reasons, he personally inquired calling Paul Celestin whom emailed us with the Congratulations email about my PRO-REC-Y and requesting the Command Release date. He asked if regarding if my release date in December affects my recommendation, and it was said that it did not, so I think its nothing to worry about, unless you got selected for a designator you didn't want that you didn't even apply for. I only put pilot, got selected, so I'm trying not to worry about it.

I'd agree to not worry on it. Not leaving right away should not effect your status as some people may be forced to push back per their CO. In your case you requested to leave later, but some skippers can very easily dictate when they want to release you for whatever reason. I don't think OCS really cares when you are released and for what reasons, they just want to know when they can officially pick you up. Mine is set for September 30 because my skipper wanted me to finish out the drilling fiscal year, I didn't have control over that so that shouldn't effect my status. I'd imagine you should be classed up within a month or two after your release date and that you'll get your FINSEL about a month before you leave. I'm expecting to leave for either one of the 2 October classes or even the November class which means I'm not expecting a FINSEL until September or October. I'd also think that if you got put onto a special board they would notify you about it.

Cgunner91

Supply Corps
I had to submit my security clearance a little bit later than usual, so I'm hoping I'll get news sometime in September. There's probably a decent amount of people who haven't had theirs come yet (who arent' on this forum).

George222

Interestingly enough, I might be held up for my FINSEL because of dual-citizenship issues (biological parents were different foreign nationals) and thus needing to renounce citizenships I never knew I had if that's the case, since my OR made it clear processors were trying to get as many pilots out as possible to OCS.