• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Silly question but do we only hear about FINSEL through our recruiter? Or is there another way to get that info? What if someone does not speak to their recruiter unless they call the recruiter every single time, like even for board results the recruiter had to be called and asked after realizing everyone already had results. Terrified of not getting info of time!

YeS.

justheretocreep

Just creeping through AW and knowing a few guys who are/were in the same boat I'm seeing a pattern with receiving our FINSEL. It is usually sent out within a month or 2 before your class up date, sometimes even a week before hand, so you won't have much time to prepare between getting the FINSEL and leaving, so start preparing now. With that said there is no time frame on receiving them nor knowing when your class date is. The best guess is probably within 2 months after the time you said you wanted to leave. In my case my command has set my release date for September 30, so I am guessing I'll class up either October or November which means I'll get my FINSEL either September or October, if that makes sense. So if you told your recruiter/command you don't want to leave until after December don't expect a FINSEL until next year. The time between being selected and getting your FINSEL can be a lengthy one.

Carina

Patience is a virtue...
We are all anxious to receive our FINSEL.
Definitely patience is surely necessary and I'm ok with waiting. But majority of people in this threat got a call from their recruiter for the board results at the very least. There is a very small portion of us who did not get the news until we call our recruiter multiple times days later. Or even for other questions, no text, no calls lol. So sometimes you do get afraid you will never get the call lol. I see everyone has a rough estimate when they may go, I have no clue.

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Definitely patience is surely necessary and I'm ok with waiting. But majority of people in this threat got a call from their recruiter for the board results at the very least. There is a very small portion of us who did not get the news until we call our recruiter multiple times days later. Or even for other questions, no text, no calls lol. So sometimes you do get afraid you will never get the call lol. I see everyone has a rough estimate when they may go, I have no clue.

If it makes you feel better, my recruiter is the same as yours. We don't talk unless I reach out with questions or to check in. I was selected for SWO in May and still have no idea about a ship date for OCS. Neither does he. You'll get word eventually, but it doesn't hurt to check in with your recruiter every now and then. Within reason, of course. Not every hour, on the hour. As was mentioned above. Haha.