• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

Triumph4life

The Navy Recruiting Manual (for Officer) trumps the OPNAV and in there it states the six month rule. In the event you make significant improvements you can apply sooner. The "significant" improvements is vague since there's no clear cut definition, but getting a masters degree, boosting GPA, boosting ASTB are prime examples.
Thanks for the reply. So thats not the reason... I don't think anyway. I had a few awards and a better ASTB to submit. On to the next one. Any word on when the FY18 board dates will be released?

Angel17

Thanks for the reply. So thats not the reason... I don't think anyway. I had a few awards and a better ASTB to submit. On to the next one. Any word on when the FY18 board dates will be released?
Hey man I don't even know you but I applaud you, you're really chasing your dream. On to your forth board and I pray that you get it. Having determination like that I don't see how you wouldn't get it.

Miknairb

Got off the phone results for everyone else should be released by Tuesday afternoon.
xShB_5.gif

Sam Saleh

Congrats to everyone who got their PROREC......and a keep trying for those who didn't. First post is really late but hard to load anything on a computer when you're deployed. Just found out I got PROREC "Y" for NFO a few days ago on BOL. This was my 4th Officer package....the first 3 were STA-21 (or as I like to call it now the nuclear retention program)... this was the first OCS. I was looking around for an answer to this question and found so many across the spectrum...maybe someone could help me with a SNA/NFO perspective. On average how long does it take from the time you get your PROREC to getting PQ and getting the letter sent to your command? I only ask because I have an age waiver and have to get commissioned prior to my 30th birthday (19July2018).

NFO Applicant
Studied: BS in Criminology at ASU
GPA: 4.0
ASTB: 58 7/7/7/
PROREC: Y

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
Congrats to everyone who got their PROREC......and a keep trying for those who didn't. First post is really late but hard to load anything on a computer when you're deployed. Just found out I got PROREC "Y" for NFO a few days ago on BOL. This was my 4th Officer package....the first 3 were STA-21 (or as I like to call it now the nuclear retention program)... this was the first OCS. I was looking around for an answer to this question and found so many across the spectrum...maybe someone could help me with a SNA/NFO perspective. On average how long does it take from the time you get your PROREC to getting PQ and getting the letter sent to your command? I only ask because I have an age waiver and have to get commissioned prior to my 30th birthday (19July2018).

NFO Applicant
Studied: BS in Criminology at ASU
GPA: 4.0
ASTB: 58 7/7/7/
PROREC: Y

From one service member to another, thank you for your service and stay safe!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Not to count my chickens before they hatch, but provided this is still accurate, how much would OCS change then if it's been dropped to 10 weeks, would the last two phases just be a week shorter I'm guessing?

That study guide has been discontinued and even condemned by the OCS folks. If you turn to page 4, by no means are females made their lives difficult by the instructors.

George222

That study guide has been discontinued and even condemned by the OCS folks. If you turn to page 4, by no means are females made their lives difficult by the instructors.
It did seem a bit peculiar, I saw as it more as a crash course and less for the specifics, have you seen any better study guides circulating lately?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
It did seem a bit peculiar, I saw as it more as a crash course and less for the specifics, have you seen any better study guides circulating lately?

Have your OR get you in touch with an OHARP who's waiting to class up flight school or some other class. He or she probably knows or has one hanging around.

Cgunner91

Supply Corps
I apologize if this has been asked already, or if this information can be easily found on this forum, but can somebody inform me what exactly Pro-Rec is and how candidates are hearing back early? I was told by my recruiter I would most likely not hear back until August. Is this something more exclusive to those already in the service? (I'm civilian). I did not receive a lot of information about the entire process for how the board works. I also did not even realize that candidates can apparently hear back earlier than others of their acceptance (which is wonderful). Makes me anxious lol! :)

Last edited:

Demi Durkin

OCS Applicant
I apologize if this has been asked already, or if this information can be easily found on this forum, but can somebody inform me what exactly Pro-Rec is and how candidates are hearing back early? I was told by my recruiter I would most likely not hear back until August. Is this something more exclusive to those already in the service? (I'm civilian). I did not receive a lot of information about the entire process for how the board works. I also did not even realize that candidates can apparently hear back earlier than others of their acceptance (which is wonderful). Makes me anxious lol! :)

Pro rec is a professional recommendation (yes or no) from the board that convenes and evaluates your packet. If you are pro rec yes, you will eventually get FINSEL (final select letter) with your OCS date and at that point you will swear in.

Active duty people have already found out their answer via their online portal. For the rest of us civilians, we could find out anytime- likely sooner rather than later. The gouge from RUFiO is that we will find out this afternoon.