• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Exactly, Its a great job. I don't want to lose the chance to come back later or just incase.
Plus, its common courtesy to give a notice of some sort instead of just saying bye one day.

Just curious, but if your current job considers you leaving for Officer Candidacy School on short notice to be "burning a bridge", I'm not sure I'd want to work there anyway. You're leaving to serve your country after all...no disrespect, just my perspective.

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
Just curious, but if your current job considers you leaving for Officer Candidacy School on short notice to be "burning a bridge", I'm not sure I'd want to work there anyway. You're leaving to serve your country after all...no disrespect, just my perspective.
Oh yea, I'm sure they are fine with it. I do work for a government contractor that trains different militaries around the world, so they are no stranger to it. I just wouldn't want to leave one day and not come back without notice. It's just me.

jpham89

ProRec Y SNFO
Contributor
I think from today/tomorrow until then is a good notice. Plus you can always get away with USERRA if need be. I did that with my previous employer and they were fine. They were very accommodating and respectful.

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
I think from today/tomorrow until then is a good notice. Plus you can always get away with USERRA if need be. I did that with my previous employer and they were fine. They were very accommodating and respectful.
Thanks for the advise. I'll think about it. But I also have personal things that need to get done and that probably won't happen in 2 weeks.