• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

Carina

Finally got around to doing a Discovery Flight! And it was so much fun, a little scary but not too much. So at least now I know for sure I didn't make a mistake and my dreams are achievable (no phobia) haha.

1AO_MR_GRAY

Fly High, Fly Fast.
Sure did! haha I was sooo nervous, like what if I freak out and I only applied Aviation!
Flying is the easy part, landing is what you should be worried about.
Im going to try to get a discovery flight in a helicopter soon. Iv never been in one, so I know what you mean.

USC6217

Flying is the easy part, landing is what you should be worried about.
Im going to try to get a discovery flight in a helicopter soon. Iv never been in one, so I know what you mean.

If I can land on a carrier my first try in the Sim, I'm sure 100's+ of hours of it will make it muscle memory. As a future back seat rider, I have to have a positive outlook on these things.

Carina

Is it safe to say that we won't get any more FINSEL letters for 27 AUG 17? Since it is already the 15th...

Is it safe to say that we won't get any more FINSEL letters for 27 AUG 17? Since it is already the 15th...
it is possible you can still get it. my recruiter asked me if I wanted to go to the august 6th class on august 2nd. I told him yes but I was to late to respond (responded within 20 min). So it could come anytime between now and a couple of days before.

Carina

it is possible you can still get it. my recruiter asked me if I wanted to go to the august 6th class on august 2nd. I told him yes but I was to late to respond (responded within 20 min). So it could come anytime between now and a couple of days before.
Oh wow!

Carina

Ok just got a FINSEL for Aug 27... sort of panicking here, not sure I'm ready. Work has me scheduled until the first week of Sep but my OR is trying to get a later OCS date. Guess we'll see what happens.
Leave your job and go! Tell them the Navy sent your orders and this is what you signed for. Did you not give them a notice already? I told my job as soon as I found out and already trained my replacement. It would suck for you to wait on another date, and then not get it. What if now they don't send you until December or January? They have a lot of people on hold.

Centurion57

Leave your job and go! Tell them the Navy sent your orders and this is what you signed for. Did you not give them a notice already? I told my job as soon as I found out and already trained my replacement. It would suck for you to wait on another date, and then not get it. What if now they don't send you until December or January? They have a lot of people on hold.

I told them I could be leaving late August, and they said that's fine. I'm just surprised I got the 27th. My recruiter said Sep to Nov, but I guess that's the way it goes. Of course if I can't get a later date I'll be heading to OCS, no way I'm losing a commission over a job!

Carina

Silly question but do we only hear about FINSEL through our recruiter? Or is there another way to get that info? What if someone does not speak to their recruiter unless they call the recruiter every single time, like even for board results the recruiter had to be called and asked after realizing everyone already had results. Terrified of not getting info of time!