• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
The entire thing is in my package with all the info, I wouldn't think about not telling my OSO or NRC.

If they're ever going to learn about it, they should learn about it from you. Plus, if you hide anything blackmail-worthy from them and get commissioned anyways, you might earn yourself some Chinese, Farsi, or Russian-speaking friends.

exNavyOffRec

Hey again, I wanted to know if anyone has an idea of how a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge and subsequent waiver affect my application. This was 3 years ago while in university, immediately after completing probation I transferred out of state to a different school to get away from old influences and begin again. I wrote this in my waiver explanation paragraph. Im having a hard time finding info to a case similar to mine.

Astbe 51 6/6/6
Case western reserve university
Aerospace E and Mechanical E
Gpa: 3.2
Applying for SNA

If you weren't going for aviation I would say you were probably done, but aviation can be more forgiving, however your scores are kind of low, so study and hope for the best.

Safashton

Define "skills" before you dig yourself into a deep hole with the NFOs on this thread...

When I say skills, I mean Pilot is a very specific skill that translate to pilot in the civilian sector, whereas NFO, you have multiple skills, but not necessarily translates to one very specific identifiable skill like pilot, if that makes any sense.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
When I say skills, I mean Pilot is a very specific skill that translate to pilot in the civilian sector, whereas NFO, you have multiple skills, but not necessarily translates to one very specific identifiable skill like pilot, if that makes any sense.

True, but in the end you still have leadership and program management experience that will bode well in the civilian sector. Met a former NFO who got accepted to a top 25 MBA program working in Wall Street.

exNavyOffRec

I have run into many former military pilots that after leaving the service went into non-flying jobs, mainly because of the greater pay.

Zacattackz

If you weren't going for aviation I would say you were probably done, but aviation can be more forgiving, however your scores are kind of low, so study and hope for the best.

I'm curious if this is because there was a charge involved or if it's that strict simply for doing drugs at all in the past?

justheretocreep

Finally checking in, been creeping on y'all the past week without a way to respond haha.

Anyway my profile is:
SNA applicant only, did not put NFO down this time.
AWF2
Reserve for 6 years now, no prior active duty just straight weekend warrior.
LOR: 0-3, 0-3, 0-4. From my DIVO as well as 2 instructor pilots here in Corpus Christi.
OAR - 49
AQR - 5
PFAR - 7
FOFAR - 6
BS - Criminal Justice
GPA - 2.9

looking at some of your unbelievable, almost borderline cheating scores, i'm expecting a firm No this go around. Hopefully prior enlisted has some weight to it to counteract my averageish scores. Still hoping for the best though!

Good luck everyone!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Finally checking in, been creeping on y'all the past week without a way to respond haha.

Anyway my profile is:
AWF2
LOR: 0-3, 0-3, 0-4. From my DIVO as well as 2 instructor pilots here in Corpus Christi.
OAR - 49
AQR - 5
PFAR - 7
FOFAR - 6
BS - Criminal Justice
GPA - 2.9

looking at some of your unbelievable, almost borderline cheating scores, i'm expecting a firm No this go around. Hopefully prior enlisted has some weight to it to counteract my averageish scores. Still hoping for the best though!

Good luck everyone!

Prior service doesn't matter. The boards might take a look at your Evals to see if you've been NJP'd or something serious of that matter.

DONOSAURU5REX

pilot

Anyway my profile is:
AWF2
OAR - 49
AQR - 5
PFAR - 7
FOFAR - 6
BS - Criminal Justice
GPA - 2.9

Good luck everyone!
You have to change your username now that you posted something.

ISLANDERZPZ

Anyway my profile is:
AWF2
OAR - 49
AQR - 5
PFAR - 7
FOFAR - 6
BS - Criminal Justice
GPA - 2.9

Good luck everyone!
TAMUCC Grad?!?!?!

Demi Durkin

OCS Applicant

Anyway my profile is:
AWF2
OAR - 49
AQR - 5
PFAR - 7
FOFAR - 6
BS - Criminal Justice
GPA - 2.9

Good luck everyone!

Feeling the same about the borderline cheating scores and expecting a no-go lol.