• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

Safashton

So basically no one will get selected for both, it's either one or the other. The only thing that sucks is that if you only picked one your chances of being selected goes down. Wish they would have put this out before we submitted

Well hurts your chances, but honestly it's a very serious choice. One career path puts you as very marketable with a very tangible skill (pilot), where as the other not so much a particular skill. So unless you truly just want to serve doing whatever, apply both, otherwise if you have the stamina, apply for just pilot unless you become age critical. That's my two cents and what I'll be doing. I'm about age critical, so we'll see how July goes.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well hurts your chances, but honestly it's a very serious choice. One career path puts you as very marketable with a very tangible skill (pilot), where as the other not so much a particular skill. So unless you truly just want to serve doing whatever, apply both, otherwise if you have the stamina, apply for just pilot unless you become age critical. That's my two cents and what I'll be doing. I'm about age critical, so we'll see how July goes.

Define "skills" before you dig yourself into a deep hole with the NFOs on this thread...

MJ0608

Hey again, I wanted to know if anyone has an idea of how a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge and subsequent waiver affect my application. This was 3 years ago while in university, immediately after completing probation I transferred out of state to a different school to get away from old influences and begin again. I wrote this in my waiver explanation paragraph. Im having a hard time finding info to a case similar to mine.

Astbe 51 6/6/6
Case western reserve university
Aerospace E and Mechanical E
Gpa: 3.2
Applying for SNA

Angel17

Hey again, I wanted to know if anyone has an idea of how a misdemeanor marijuana possession charge and subsequent waiver affect my application. This was 3 years ago while in university, immediately after completing probation I transferred out of state to a different school to get away from old influences and begin again. I wrote this in my waiver explanation paragraph. Im having a hard time finding info to a case similar to mine.

Astbe 51 6/6/6
Applying for SNA

I am in the same boat as you, I have a waiver in for Marijuana but it was before I joined the Marine Corps five years ago.. I don't have much of an answer for you but you're not alone in having a waiver for it

MJ0608

I am in the same boat as you, I have a waiver in for Marijuana but it was before I joined the Marine Corps five years ago.. I don't have much of an answer for you but you're not alone in having a waiver for it

Thank you for the response friend, I guess we'll see how it plays out in two weeks. My OSO has only every had 5 applicants need the waiver, some accepted some not so I thought I'd ask here.

Triumph4life

Astbe 51 6/6/6
Applying for SNA
A friend of mine is at OCS now and he made it with an underage drinking while on Active Duty. I would say if you just owned the mistake you should be fine? He wrote a book about his mistake in his package but I'm sure they didn't take the time to read the entire thing. Don't take this as gospel, but I would think not mentioning it at all would be worse.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A friend of mine is at OCS now and he made it with an underage drinking while on Active Duty. I would say if you just owned the mistake you should be fine? He wrote a book about his mistake in his package but I'm sure they didn't take the time to read the entire thing. Don't take this as gospel, but I would think not mentioning it at all would be worse.

Underage drinking isn't as severe as a drug possession charge.

Angel17

Thank you for the response friend, I guess we'll see how it plays out in two weeks. My OSO has only every had 5 applicants need the waiver, some accepted some not so I thought I'd ask here.
Actually I read that wrong lol I didn't have a possession charge just admitted to trying it before I joined..

MJ0608

The entire thing is in my package with all the info, I wouldn't think about not telling my OSO or NRC.

MJ0608

My OSO was pretty confident in my application besides the charge, saying if I were denied he have imagine it would most likely be the possession charge.