• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11JUL17 Pilot/NFO board

George222

Howdy, submitted my package last month
No prior service
22 years old
University of Rochester
3.29 GPA in Political Science w a Triple Minor
ASTB 56 7/6/8
FAA Certified Airframe Mechanic
MEPS came out good, no issues
Applying for Pilot, NFO, Intel and PAO (AMDO isn't until next year from what I hear so I'm not gonna hold my breath for that one)
Good Luck y'all

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
No prior service
22 years old
University of Rochester
ASTB 56 7/6/8
Applying for Pilot, NFO, Intel and PAO (AMDO isn't until next year from what I hear so I'm not gonna hold my breath for that one)
Good Luck y'all

I feel like the conversation you had with your recruiter was this:
NOR: "What field would you like to apply for?"
George: "Yes."

exNavyOffRec

No prior service
22 years old
University of Rochester
ASTB 56 7/6/8
Good Luck y'all

so the good news is you have good ASTB scores, the bad news is Intel rarely picks anyone that doesn't list them at #1, PAO almost exclusively picks those that are prior MC and I have never heard of them picking anyone that didn't list them as #1, your recruiter should have been knowledgeable enough to let you know this.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
so the good news is you have good ASTB scores, the bad news is Intel rarely picks anyone that doesn't list them at #1, PAO almost exclusively picks those that are prior MC and I have never heard of them picking anyone that didn't list them as #1, your recruiter should have been knowledgeable enough to let you know this.

Additionally, Intel and PAO will be PROREC X if they not listed second or higher. Waste of time just putting down programs as third and beyond choices.

Carina

I have a question. Is the motivational statement 400 words or as much as can fit in the designated section? Because I have way more than 400 words in there and I am sending it to my recruiter tomorrow. Tried to ask her but got no response. TIA

exNavyOffRec

I have a question. Is the motivational statement 400 words or as much as can fit in the designated section? Because I have way more than 400 words in there and I am sending it to my recruiter tomorrow. Tried to ask her but got no response. TIA

No one will read it anyway so just send it in, I am not kidding.

Carina

No one will read it anyway so just send it in, I am not kidding.
wow..really? Im here picking my brain as to how I will shorten the 800 words I have and still say all I have to say. but ok. I have heard before that they mostly only look at scores, I just though they read the statements to at least get a feel of who to select when they have a "tide"

exNavyOffRec

wow..really? Im here picking my brain as to how I will shorten the 800 words I have and still say all I have to say. but ok. I have heard before that they mostly only look at scores, I just though they read the statements to at least get a feel of who to select when they have a "tide"

I lost track of how many people I had selected that only wrote a paragraph, with one guy we were in my office trying to get the application last minute and he wrote like 3 sentences and was picked up.

Carina

does anyone know how long it takes for a package to go through the processor and the district before it is submitted to the board? I am pretty much good to go but my doctor's appointment for sign off is on Monday before noon. Wondering if I have a chance of making the board.