• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1 in 10 !?

Sonog

pilot
To give you an idea of the recruiting climate for Marine OCS right now, they totally cancelled every class for this coming summer, except some slots for females and some reserve slots. I heard there might be as little as one platoon of candidates at Quantico this summer.

novakw2

First of all, I don't give a flying F**** if I fly or not, no pun intended. Second of all I am not " sandbagger" who would rather take the easier road just to pretend I am better than everybody else so I can look like a superstar and point fingers at people before actually showing the size of my balls. Finally, I am not saying it is my school's fault I have a mediocre GPA, I would rather independentaly prove my worth through self innovation, and out of the box thinking than trying to see who can be the best at doing the same thing the same way. I don't recal any historical refrences or figures who made history or who won battles by trying to outcompete their peers/ competion at the same game the same way. If that were the case we would be reading this thread in Russian, or there would be a cockroach standing were you are instead of yourself. Needless to say I'm thrilled the military takes so much pride in their unprecise manner of choosing applicants. According to some of you it's now what you bring to the table, but instaead how well you match the tablecloth? Suppose some one is really good at doing what their told to do as they are told to do it. They will certainly make excellent enlisted men. What happens if they are stranded after an IED takes out their convoy an they are told to hold their position for the next 20 hours waiting for reinforcements? Should they follow the book and hold out on limited ammunition, and wait due to their danger close position to the enemy, negating any air support? Or should they get the hell out of there and cross coordinate with other branches of the serive, or even other coalition national forces and call in the closest aircraft, B 52 or what not and carpet bomb the area as the Taliban take the bate and get smashed while picking through the abandoned vehicles? Believe it or not some of you would actually make good commies......

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
...so I can look like a superstar and point fingers at people before actually showing the size of my balls.

Judging by how well you took criticism, not very big. The first thing you're gonna need is thick skin. Work on that.

Also, it's a plain fact the military is SWAMPED with applicants right now who don't have shitty attitudes, mediocre GPAs, and excuses for both of them. Enjoy the banhammer that may be coming your way for the commies comment.

novakw2

Please, by all means feel free to post asvab scores, sat scores, and college major before you all run your mouth.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
Please, by all means feel free to post asvab scores, sat scores, and college major before you all run your mouth.

9979373.jpg

TheBirdy

pilot
You're not helping yourself much here by running your mouth. You DO realize that almost half the members that replied to this thread are Officers or priors right? Actually you probably didn't cause you are too busy with your head up your ass.

Show some respect. They have served their country and have way more experience on a subject matter that you probably know very little about. YOU came on here asking for help, so take what you can get and be productive with it. No one cares that you are innovative or can prove yourself by thinking out of the box just because you say so. You have to have the credentials, if you would. So join the line, because you are gonna be dealt with the SAME WAY every other applicant gets dealt with (based on their GPA, ASTB, EC, LORs, Motivational Statement, etc).

You have a low GPA. Pursue a Masters program or take classes to boost your GPA. As far as the run ins with the law..well you're on your own with that one. When it comes down to you and another applicant who doesn't need a waiver for run-ins with the law, take a wild guess who they're gonna choose.

pharaelga

Constantly lost in the sauce....
I've busted my ass through the first half of an enlistment and then the Academy, through TBS and through API just to have some prick.... who hasn't proved shit.... come on here and basically state why he fucking "deserves" to be where I'm at.... You my friend, you are an idiot troll. This post actually got under my skin a little bit. You don't have the right attitude to make it. With the excuses you've already made for yourself, I can take a wild guess that you'll probably fail at life...

What happens if they are stranded after an IED takes out their convoy an they are told to hold their position for the next 20 hours waiting for reinforcements? Should they follow the book and hold out on limited ammunition, and wait due to their danger close position to the enemy, negating any air support? Or should they get the hell out of there and cross coordinate with other branches of the serive, or even other coalition national forces and call in the closest aircraft,

TBS gauges the ability to make decisions like that under pressure you fucking tool... it is no accident that we are the greatest military in the world. Don't you think someone alot fucking smarter than you thought of the fact that officers would need the ability to think outside the box in an ever changing combat environment. STFU about things you know nothing about. Flight school isn't about marching to your own drum, rules are written in blood.... you deviate and try to innovate outside your aircraft's performance envelope.... you die plain and simple.

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor

Usually I stay out of these threads, but I'm bored. That chip on your shoulder is so large I suspect you'd be hard pressed to fit into a cockpit or a tank.

You made choices (to pursue your out-of-the-box non-standard education, to hang out at drunken parties in a city where you knew the cops were supposedly over-zealous, etc.). Now you deal with the consequences. You can either man up and take responsibility for your choices and their supposed outcomes, or you can can bitch about it when someone on the internet slaps you across the face with the cold, hard halibut of reality. I'm no expert, and I didn't stay at a Holiday in Express last night, but I can make a pretty good guess on which of those 2 choices is least likely to lead to you being a Marine.

Oh, and didn't take it, good enough to get me into Mensa, and English.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor

3.5, 1500, 99, 8-8-9 ASTB. Poli Sci/History Major. Took EF and Engineering calc and physics because my ROTC skipper insisted. Oh, by the way, we are in the military and you are the one sniveling because you are not, and hopefully won't be. Now, shut the fuck up.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor

How about you post yours before you run your mouth? The only thing we know about you is that you have a shitty GPA, make excuses for your GPA, haven't quite grasped the concept of grammar, have no respect for people serving in the military, and think we are commies for some reason...

gotta_fly

pilot
Also, I graduated with a meager 2.7 GPA in college due to my obsession with hands on learning while working as an EMT, and my cancer research. Although my GPA is low, my college was narrow minded in their preparation of young men and women for the “ real world”. They bombarded you with trivial, useless information, akin to jumping through hoops of fire, and I simply had better things to do than study more than the 3 hours a night ( see my list of extracurriculars) I already had. Most of the people I graduated with missed out on the things I experienced ( ie, leadership and problem solving) just to forget the “ extra things” we were taught the day after a test like everyone else. This is part of the reason why I think I may do myself and my country a service by trying to become a Marine officer.

Given the current economic situation, and influx of OCC applicants, do I stand a chance at being accepted to Marine OCC? Or will I be turned down for narrow minded underachievers with 4.0’s in underwater basket weaving?

Have you considered a career in PR or politics? This creative spin on your lousy performance is very entertaining, and might even fool some people. Unfortunately for you most applicants were able to gain the leadership experience, extracurricular activities, and "extra things" as you call them, all while still achieving a more competitive GPA. Saying you could have done better if it had been worth your time makes you look even worse. Who wants to work or fly with someone who chose not to give it their all? I certainly do not.

Oh and by the way, thanks for your ideas on how a stranded convoy should operate. What gives you the right to even comment on a scenario like that, you watched Stop Loss or something? Good grief.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
I have spoken to two Marine OSO’s thus far. One guy told me he is so backed up he doesn’t even want to talk to me in person until December due to the backup of officer slots, and the other said I have no chance due to the underage’s.
That is the polite way of saying don't call us, we'll call you...because you are not a good candidate...and if you came across to them as you have to us here, replace "not a good candidate." with "a douche."

I found a picture of you...
entitlement+cartoon.jpg