• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1 in 10 !?

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I would rather independentaly prove my worth through self innovation, and out of the box thinking than trying to see who can be the best at doing the same thing the same way.

I'm just a lowly LTJG RAG pilot... but how is that not the military in general? Or more specifically, OCS, ROTC, flight school?

OP, if by some weird chance you do actually "make it", you'll hear the word standardization come up a lot. In the USMC in particular, they like doing things a certain way and sticking out is not a good thing.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Son of a......I've been missing all the fireworks lately. Oh well, that was still entertaining.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Really sad I'm so late on here:

I am a highly motivated 23 year old male, who recently graduated from high ranking college on the East coast... I also worked ona pHd level thesis on prostate cancer research during my senior year of college at a medical school close to my university, and have given numerous presentations on my work to the entire medical school faculty and student body.

Want a fucking cookie? I went to a state school out west. No one is impressed by either.

Unfortunately I have also had my mistakes and misfortunes in life. [Lots of bull shit excuses for a low GPA]
Just say you partied hard, had a great time in college, killed a few hookers after snorting cocaine off their ass... All other excuses are meaningless.

I scored a 32 on my MCATS, ( really good considering most med schools average 27ish for matriculating college seniors), and scored a 90 on my ASVAB in high school.
HA! My sister got a 34 on her MCAT and had a GPA to back it up and was wait listed nearly every school she applied before getting into Boston. How many med schools did you get into with that stellar GPA and attitude of yours? You can provide fellatio to your ego all you want, but that MCAT score and ASVAB from 5 years ago impresses everyone else as much as your 'high ranking East coast education'

Or will I be turned down for narrow minded underachievers with 4.0’s in underwater basket weaving?
Seriously? How awesome are you? Because I really need to know.

I was going to post my ASTB scores... but then I realized I don't owe you jack shit and have two things you don't:
1.) A commission in the US Navy
2.) Wings of Gold.

Get fucked.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Oh and by the way, thanks for your ideas on how a stranded convoy should operate. What gives you the right to even comment on a scenario like that, you watched Stop Loss or something? Good grief.
Oh, he has the right to comment (until he gets banned). That right was protected by those of us who actually have served and not just expressed a highly motivated desire to do so. But the right to comment did not come with the wisdom to know when or when not to comment...especially on something he knows nothing about.

I would love to throw him in the back of the helo for a point of injury pickup at night. He'd sh-- his pants, and then get decked by the patient for suggesting he knew more about convoy ops, decked by the medic for saying he knew more about EMT, decked by the crew chief (just because he's an a--hole), then kicked out of the aircraft by my PI because he whines to much!

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
To the OP.... I love you man. Just what we needed.

So much to say but most of it has been covered. Do you think General Powell got to be a Four Star General by being the non-conformist, know it all? Or did he do it by hard work and proving his merit by jumping through those "rings of fire" for more than 20 years of active military service before even getting his first star?

You are not General Powell.

mjv305

ENS SNA
I am not an arrogant shmuck like the OP, but i do share things in common. I too had a 2.7 GPA from a good school with a good major. I guess the fact is when i attended i didnt know what i wanted. I realized at some point i wanted to become an officer, and knew my 2.7 wasnt helping anything. I decided to enlist almost 3 years after i graduated (held a solid job).. Let me tell you, its rather hard to be with a bunch of 18 year olds and 19 year olds in boot when you are 25 w/ a degree. Well, in the end, i made it, did great in my 3 years enlisted, and now am up for this board. We will see how far a 2.7 gpa gets you when the results are out..

Aside from the OPs ridiculous attitude and absurd mindset and retardation, he had a question that was foreshadowed by his dumbass comments.. Leave it up to him how he wants to proceed...

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I am not an arrogant shmuck like the OP, but i do share things in common. I too had a 2.7 GPA from a good school with a good major. I guess the fact is when i attended i didnt know what i wanted. I realized at some point i wanted to become an officer, and knew my 2.7 wasnt helping anything. I decided to enlist almost 3 years after i graduated (held a solid job).. Let me tell you, its rather hard to be with a bunch of 18 year olds and 19 year olds in boot when you are 25 w/ a degree. Well, in the end, i made it, did great in my 3 years enlisted, and now am up for this board. We will see how far a 2.7 gpa gets you when the results are out..

Aside from the OPs ridiculous attitude and absurd mindset and retardation, he had a question that was foreshadowed by his dumbass comments.. Leave it up to him how he wants to proceed...

<----- 2.52

Flying Toaster

None
134304d1313846836-i_love_this_thread_113.jpg

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Please, by all means feel free to post asvab scores, sat scores, and college major before you all run your mouth.
Don't remember/good 'nuff, don't remember/good 'nuff, and imaginary engineering/good 'nuff.

Now, feel free to ask if anyone gives a shit about that stuff when you grow up. I think you know the answer.

millsra13

'Merica
pilot
Contributor
I really wish he would post something else, this has been quite entertaining. His profile page said he was logged on today, I guess you guys scared him speechless.