• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

stassirow

1st attempt: OAR 32
2nd attempt: ASTB 54 5/3/5

Thanks for all the resources, it really improved my score.. Definitely made a difference. On my first try, I didn’t know anything about Air Warriors. But I thank you all for each and every thread and info that’s been posted on here. I overcame!

• D= R x T
  • Working together math problem
  • Probability: rolling a dice and picking a heart
  • Emergency procedure for fire, engine and prop
  • Navy Terminology
-Volume, Surface Area
-Density and everything that I was listed above. Please take time to study. it’ll be worth it!

Jordheim

What did you guys use for the mechanical comprehension part? I've been studying the math section heavily with the google drives posted here. This does include the Mechanical comprehension part, but most of that is very difficult for me to understand. I have almost no prior knowledge about the subject. Do you guys have any recommendations for introduction level for me to build my knowledge on?

Csl221

What did you guys use for the mechanical comprehension part? I've been studying the math section heavily with the google drives posted here. This does include the Mechanical comprehension part, but most of that is very difficult for me to understand. I have almost no prior knowledge about the subject. Do you guys have any recommendations for introduction level for me to build my knowledge on?
You can check out barons mech guides, they are super simple questions and will set a foundation of the things you can learn or need to workout. lots of youtube videos help aswell.?

Jordheim

You can check out barons mech guides, they are super simple questions and will set a foundation of the things you can learn or need to workout. lots of youtube videos help aswell.?

i did a google and found a book on amazon. Is this the one you're referring too?

Kevin Derouen

I am getting very nervous for the OAR. I take it on the 28th. I have studied some, but I really need to ensure that I just get a minimum of a 40. I have an O5 that is my mentor who is setting me up with O5 and O6 interviews and my chain of command is also helping me submit a strong package. I really just want at least the minimum as I do not want to submit a waiver. What are some tips, last minute, for the test that you can think of? I have already searched back about 100 pages or so and have watched a lot of videos. I just feel like it is not enough. Every time I take a new practice test for the mechanical portion it seems like something that I have never seen before. Mechanical seems to be the section that I am stressing the most.

SaucyGoon1776

Hey guys I just got an air contract with the marines as a freshman going PLC route. My ASTB scores were 6/7/7 and I’m wondering what the likelihood of me flying fighters might be with that. If I can’t fly fighters then I’d love to fly attack helicopters like the viper and supercobra but would that be just as hard?

I am getting very nervous for the OAR. I take it on the 28th. I have studied some, but I really need to ensure that I just get a minimum of a 40. I have an O5 that is my mentor who is setting me up with O5 and O6 interviews and my chain of command is also helping me submit a strong package. I really just want at least the minimum as I do not want to submit a waiver. What are some tips, last minute, for the test that you can think of? I have already searched back about 100 pages or so and have watched a lot of videos. I just feel like it is not enough. Every time I take a new practice test for the mechanical portion it seems like something that I have never seen before. Mechanical seems to be the section that I am stressing the most.

For mechnaical, write down the formula's that you need to know to solve some of the problems and read that sheet with the formula's over a bunch of time's before the test. For example, write down the mechanical advantage formula's for a pulley, lever, gear, etc and all the other stuff obviously. When I went through all the mechanical material, my sheet was only like 5 pages and I was able to read it slowly a few times the morning of the test to ingrain it in my memory.