• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

mike23!

I took the ASTB this morning and didnt do too well at all, especially for the pilot program. My scores 5/6/5 45. For some reason the mechanical and supplemental gave me problems. So I suppose I will be taking the newer version in February so I can have some more time to study.

I had form 3 and the math seemed pretty easy, I had to guess on about 5 problems due to running out of time.

Reading comp wasn't too bad, I kept having to read the passage two times or so because I was losing focus a little.

The mechanical was common sense stuff that I was overthinking way too much.

Spatial wasn't too bad. I was getting 100% on all the practice exams on this section but on the actual test some of the banks was a little sketchy.

Aviation and nautical was easy, a lot of shipboard questions that the Barrons covered.

Supplemental got me. A few of the questions was things i had remembered reading about but for the life of me I could not recall the sprecifics.

Im sure this info probably doesnt really help anyone out too much, especially with the new format being realeased but I thought i would still give a little insight on my experience.

My question is, could I go ahead and start a package and re-take the test in February for a better score so I can submit a package for the June board or would I have to wait to get the better score before I can start a package?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My question is, could I go ahead and start a package and re-take the test in February for a better score so I can submit a package for the June board or would I have to wait to get the better score before I can start a package?
Go with what you've got for now. Improved scores may increase your chances, but with the new ASTB test, you'd be going into un-known waters. Have you talked with your OR about your scores?

exNavyOffRec

I agree with ea6bflyr, give it a shot, chances are low but better than taking an unknown test at this point.

mike23!

Go with what you've got for now. Improved scores may increase your chances, but with the new ASTB test, you'd be going into un-known waters. Have you talked with your OR about your scores?

I just got off the phone with the OR and he said to submit a package and see what happens. He had said that my current GPA may help me out against the low ASTB scores. My only issue with is that i just turned 27 in October so i'll have to get an age waiver, I just dont want to run out of time and get told im too old to qualify.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got off the phone with the OR and he said to submit a package and see what happens. He had said that my current GPA may help me out against the low ASTB scores. My only issue with is that i just turned 27 in October so i'll have to get an age waiver, I just dont want to run out of time and get told im too old to qualify.
I wouldn't sweat the waiver....

ProsNest1

Not quite a new member
None

Check inbox regarding age waiver

exNavyOffRec

Well, the GPA really doesn't help much with the ASTB, I had guys with near perfect GPA's but low ASTB scores that were passed on, I would still try and see what sticks.