• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
7/7/7 69 on new ASTB-E/APEX 4.
Numbers like yours will keep you Notorious in a good way, Nate!;)

Were you aware that: no.to.ri.ous adjective
generally well known and talked of; especially: widely and unfavorably known:eek: [Merriam-Webster Dict.]

*Couldn't resist... nice going!:)
BzB

slater44

None
Took the old version about a month ago on 2 hours notice, got 7/6/8 60. Obviously didn't really get to study at all so some of the ANIT questions came straight from left field. Since then I've looked at atrickpay's guide and realized that I would have gotten at least 2 or 3 more right had I had the time. Currently at A-school, E-3, just waiting to get to my first command to submit an OCS package. Will start volunteering with CSADD on the new year.

Debating whether or not I should take the new version to try to bump up my PFAR; if given the option, I'd rather fly. Any input on whether I ought to retake to go for a 7 or 8 PFAR?

exNavyOffRec

Took the old version about a month ago on 2 hours notice, got 7/6/8 60. Obviously didn't really get to study at all so some of the ANIT questions came straight from left field. Since then I've looked at atrickpay's guide and realized that I would have gotten at least 2 or 3 more right had I had the time. Currently at A-school, E-3, just waiting to get to my first command to submit an OCS package. Will start volunteering with CSADD on the new year.

Debating whether or not I should take the new version to try to bump up my PFAR; if given the option, I'd rather fly. Any input on whether I ought to retake to go for a 7 or 8 PFAR?

I would submit at least once before taking the ASTB again.

A question though, why did you enlist and not try to go officer first?

Jayvilla43

Does anybody know how different the new ASTB form is from the old forms? I have books that I have been studying for some time now and I am nervous that the books are not adequate due to the new test form. Any information is greatly appreciated.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Took the old version about a month ago on 2 hours notice, got 7/6/8 60.

Most applicants would give two arms and a leg for those scores. As NavyRec said, give it a shot first. Trying a retest on those fine scores may be more for an ego boost, and could backfire on you. Just my honest 'educated' opinion - it's your life, career & your call.;)
Currently at A-school, E-3, just waiting to get to my first command to submit an OCS package.
Reality check: The Navy has invested quite a bit in you already in "A" School, to learn a trade/rate. When you get to your first permanent duty station, your unit will rightly try to get their "pound of flesh" before entertaining losing you immediately to any accession program. They can't stop you from applying, but will most likely require you to earn your warfare qual pin at the minimum, before releasing you, perhaps more if your rate is undermanned. When a CO has to decide between approving a speedy release for one Sailor's career aspirations; and his command readiness... it's no contest.:eek:

Good luck, if you remain patient..while consistently performing at a high level in any & all tasks assigned, you will succeed in whatever route you follow!:)
BzB

Navy Ship

Most applicants would give two arms and a leg for those scores.
BzB

Hmm... but then they wouldn't be able to fly. Maybe we should just stick to giving up our left testicle. :D

But I do enjoy reading your different expressions BzB

Took the old version about a month ago on 2 hours notice, got 7/6/8 60.
Like the others said, you package looks good. Wish I had those stats.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Most applicants would give two arms and a leg for those scores.
BzB
Hmm... but then they wouldn't be able to fly. Maybe we should just stick to giving up our left testicle. :D
Ooops, silly BzB. I never considered that, doh. Yeah, lets go with the port ball, never needed that for a 'blackass' night trap!:eek:
Whine-6.jpg
"604, ball, state 25..."!
BzB

Last edited: