• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Larick

None
Contributor
Hello,
I took the OAR for the second time today (Form 3) this morning in San Diego and received a 58.

mike23!

I had a quesiton about the Barrons study guide and how relevant it is to the actual test. I took the practice tests in the Barrons and did fairly well on them. Is this any concilation to how I may do on the actual test?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had a quesiton about the Barrons study guide and how relevant it is to the actual test. I took the practice tests in the Barrons and did fairly well on them. Is this any concilation to how I may do on the actual test?
Is the Barron's book your only source of study material? How did you do on the ASTB gouge practice test? Have you looked at the other user's posted gouge?

Did you put yourself under a time-constraint pressurized situation? Time is not on your side when taking the ASTB.

mike23!

Is the Barron's book your only source of study material? How did you do on the ASTB gouge practice test? Have you looked at the other user's posted gouge?

I also have the ARCO that I have been studying for the math and ive been memorizing Atrickpay's study guide he made up. I was only missing about 3-4 on each section of the Barrons study guide tests.

LawlessNavyman

So i take my test on Monday. Do you get to pick which form you take or do you just walk in and the OR picks it for you. Also, curious as to what are some of the lower scores that you guys have seen and people still get selected.

LawlessNavyman

I'm applying for the SNA and SNFO. I was just curious because there is a new thread where someone give some good gouge on his experience with form 3 of the test. Plus I have heard that the supplemental is different on each test and was hoping to not get one that had a lot of the extra math portion.

KingofBattle777

just made my 2nd attempt. went from 4/4/5/44 to 6/6/6/56 primarily with atrickpays study guide. sadly i dont think tht will be good enough for the fab

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
just made my 2nd attempt. went from 4/4/5/44 to 6/6/6/56 primarily with atrickpays study guide. sadly i dont think tht will be good enough for the fab
I think you're too pessimistic. That is a nice improvement, 6 6 6s are passable, it depends on the rest of your package. What are your other package elements/numbers/Univ.-major-GPA/LORs etc, don't see them in your profile? Shooting for SNA/SNFO/SWO??? OBTW... please punctuate, dozo.;)
Don't just throw in the towel:)!
BzB

KingofBattle777

I think you're too pessimistic. That is a nice improvement, 6 6 6s are passable, it depends on the rest of your package. What are your other package elements/numbers/Univ.-major-GPA/LORs etc, don't see them in your profile? Shooting for SNA/SNFO/SWO??? OBTW... please punctuate, dozo.;)
Don't just throw in the towel:)!
BzB

My bad. I graduated from Emory University with a degree in European History and a 3.0 GPA. I am an active duty 1st Lt. with 2 years and 8 months time in service and I'm shooting for the Marine Corps Field Accession Board as a SNA. I already passed the flight physical. Also I'm an 0802 Field Artillery Officer and I hold the JFO certification which allows me to handle type 2 CAS controls.

KNSnowy

I like to think that already being AD helps, but who knows. It impresses me in any case.

Great job on your score jump!