• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

nickman730

sarahscott
No calculator in the test. Use pencil and scratch paper. Use the incorrect answers to know where to focus your study, don't get caught up in the scores. Timed test is the most important thing to practice. Do the test start to finish in a distraction free environment.

kacraven

Just took the test friday - scored a 9/9/9 69 used the same study materials as gstapes12 on page 46 of this thread as well as general info from this forum. Now off to the eye cutters ...

Makk85

604KTS
pilot
Just took the test friday - scored a 9/9/9 69 used the same study materials as gstapes12 on page 46 of this thread as well as general info from this forum. Now off to the eye cutters ...

Holy crap!.........You raped the ASTB, nice work!

nativeofsandieg

Got another question for you guys... I think this one is all AFU...

#16 P. 270 Officer Candidate Tests

A pole 63 feet long was broken into two unequal parts so that 3/5 of the longer piece equaled 3/5 of the shorter piece. Find the length of the larger piece.

Their answer is 35 feet. But 35(3/5) = 21. And the shorter piece 28 (3/5) = 16.8.

Now, my reasoning is that... 3/5 of a larger number cannot equal 3/5 of the a smaller number. The way they figured it out is all messed up as well...

fosojedi

didn't do as well, but I got 8/8/8 64...took a practice test at learnatest.com that I can still get to through my history, but can't find how I actually found the entry point. The links that I have don't work on other computers...though they do have a book you can buy with practice test.

blarged

ready
Got another question for you guys... I think this one is all AFU...

#16 P. 270 Officer Candidate Tests

A pole 63 feet long was broken into two unequal parts so that 3/5 of the longer piece equaled 3/5 of the shorter piece. Find the length of the larger piece.

Their answer is 35 feet. But 35(3/5) = 21. And the shorter piece 28 (3/5) = 16.8.

Now, my reasoning is that... 3/5 of a larger number cannot equal 3/5 of the a smaller number. The way they figured it out is all messed up as well...

Sounds like a typo to me. My guess is it mean to say "3/5 of the longer piece equaled 3/4 of the shorter piece". This would make sense with the answer they give.

nativeofsandieg

Yah your right, couldn't figure out why there was a 3/4s in the answer explanation. My wife figured it out in about 5 seconds... I swear she should take this test for me... (joke)

PB83

I took the ASTB for the first time this morning, and I really didn’t do as well as I wanted to. I scored a 50 5, 6, 4. I have been doing some reading and I have not found a solid answer about the minimum for the FOFAR (last number) or if a 5 is required for a pilot. I read a few threads that say it is only used as a statistic and other threads say the minimum is a 5 to be considered for a pilot spot. What is the true answer? Thanks for the help. I think I took form 3, not 100% sure though.

machodiesel

I haven't been able to find any EXCEL SPREADSHEET that will help predict a score from taking practice tests... does anyone know what percentage you should be getting right on a practice section to be comfortable enough to take the real thing?

PB83

hmm

I took the ASTB for the first time this morning, and I really didn’t do as well as I wanted to. I scored a 50 5, 6, 4. I have been doing some reading and I have not found a solid answer about the minimum for the FOFAR (last number) or if a 5 is required for a pilot. I read a few threads that say it is only used as a statistic and other threads say the minimum is a 5 to be considered for a pilot spot. What is the true answer? Thanks for the help. I think I took form 3, not 100% sure though.

Anyone?

A

AlexSmart

Just took Form 3 this morning. 8/9/9 60. Studied the usual gouge on here and Barron's but atrickpay's personal study guide was the most concise and easy to access gouge. Now I get to worry about overturning a PDQ No Waiver from MEPS through MEDWAIVE (If you're 24 and have a beer or glass of wine with dinner 3-4 times a week, and have more than 6 drinks in a bar once per month apparently you're a full blown alcoholic and require therapy) But hey, at least I'm being honest...

Max_Power

Prefers Skippy
Contributor
Just took Form 3 this morning. 8/9/9 60. Studied the usual gouge on here and Barron's but atrickpay's personal study guide was the most concise and easy to access gouge. Now I get to worry about overturning a PDQ No Waiver from MEPS through MEDWAIVE (If you're 24 and have a beer or glass of wine with dinner 3-4 times a week, and have more than 6 drinks in a bar once per month apparently you're a full blown alcoholic and require therapy) But hey, at least I'm being honest...

Those are great scores. Really good.

At what point at MEPS did they ask you about alcohol? I don't remember any questions when I went, did you volunteer this information?