• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

ghostofkyiv

I tried to take the ASTB for the first time two days ago. I finished everything except the PBM section because the computer crashed. The administrator said he didn’t know if I would have to retake the whole thing again or if I could just take the PBM. Has this happened to anyone else?
Same thing happened to me. My LT counted it as one of my 3 attempts, but it didn't matter as much for me because I did my first run-through for exposure, not for a score. Either way, pretty frustrating.

ghostofkyiv

Warriors,

I made some modifications to the ASTB Prep App, a compass row with buttons, like that found on the actual Terrain Identification Test, is now available on the app; when using an iPad only. If anybody has feedback regarding the app or anything else, please reach out.

My android people, don’t worry, I’m going to start working on that side of the house this week.

Happy studying
Thanks for the update, I just got the app.

During the reading comp review section, paragraphs, after clicking on the first question's answer the app crashes. Opening it up again does the same thing.

Assuming there's other bugs but wanted to bring this to your attention.

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None

During the reading comp review section, paragraphs, after clicking on the first question's answer the app crashes. Opening it up again does the same thing.

Hey thank you, I will take a look at this and see whats going on.

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None

Thanks for telling me this; I found the issue, and I will try to get the update pushed out ASAP.

exNavyOffRec

Same thing happened to me. My LT counted it as one of my 3 attempts, but it didn't matter as much for me because I did my first run-through for exposure, not for a score. Either way, pretty frustrating.
The attempts are recorded by NAMI, the ORs or test administrators have no say if an attempt is counted or not.

redbaronunofficial

Marine Corps PLC applicant
What's the best place to start for someone with basically no education in or knowledge of mechanics? It's a weak spot that I know I need to work on, but I'm not sure where my time would be best spent.

drexelAVI

Anyone have any recommendations to improve the AQR/PFAR/FOFAR? I’ve taken the ASTB twice, despite the equipment fighting against me (joy stick stopped working on me mid test) I scored a 60/6/5/6, based on what I’ve seen in these posts that doesn’t seem to be a competitive score. I wasn't sure if there were resources to help improve that portion of the test since I did nothing in between tests last time I just tried it again. Any help with be appreciated. Practice tips or such.

redbaronunofficial

Anyone have any recommendations to improve the AQR/PFAR/FOFAR? I’ve taken the ASTB twice, despite the equipment fighting against me (joy stick stopped working on me mid test) I scored a 60/6/5/6, based on what I’ve seen in these posts that doesn’t seem to be a competitive score. I wasn't sure if there were resources to help improve that portion of the test since I did nothing in between tests last time I just tried it again. Any help with be appreciated. Practice tips or such.
Have you tried this simulator? https://jantzenx.github.io/ASTB/ It's a replication of the stick-and-throttle portion of the test. You use your mouse and keyboard, but there are ways to plug a joystick into it for the most realistic experience.

drexelAVI

I have been practicing using that simulator. Thank you, I am curious of others experience and what helped their overall scores for the PBM?

redbaronunofficial

I have been practicing using that simulator. Thank you, I am curious of others experience and what helped their overall scores for the PBM?
I’ve been improving fast over the past couple days. What I’m doing is starting out on an easier setting, and focusing on only one of the targets. Once I can reliably get a low score on one, I switch to the other and repeat. Once I can do both independently, then I try doing both of them at the same time.