• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

DBM

In the sim, the throttle can only move so fast so it's hard to catch up. On the real test the more you push the throttle the faster the throttle reticle will move. So it's much easier to keep up with the little jet on the actual test.

If you're playing the sim on the highest speed/difficulty, I wouldn't really worry about this stuff.
Ah ok I see. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a user issue lol. If that's the case then no problem. Thanks

dav246

Guys, its official. I am an idiot.

In Jantzens, the mouse is already programed as inverted for the vertical axis. So when I set antimicro up with the x52 and mapped the vertical axis to inverted vertical mouse movement, it made it so that the joystick was not inverted specifically in Jantzens but was inverted everywhere else.

Meaning I have not been training with inverted controls in Jantzens this whole time and its basically back to square one.

DBM

Guys, its official. I am an idiot.

In Jantzens, the mouse is already programed as inverted for the vertical axis. So when I set antimicro up with the x52 and mapped the vertical axis to inverted vertical mouse movement, it made it so that the joystick was not inverted specifically in Jantzens but was inverted everywhere else.

Meaning I have not been training with inverted controls in Jantzens this whole time and its basically back to square one.
Ah that's very unfortunate man. However, I think since you have the muscle memory down for the most part, it's only a matter of rewiring your brain to get used to the inverted controls, which I'm assuming won't take long

dav246

Ah that's very unfortunate man. However, I think since you have the muscle memory down for the most part, it's only a matter of rewiring your brain to get used to the inverted controls, which I'm assuming won't take long
It actually didn't take long, happy to say I overreacted initially. Not quite back to my sub 140 normal, but I think I can get back there in a week.

Reactions: DBM

dav246

Heres a hack for the UAV simulator on the ASTB prep app to make it even closer to the real thing:

Buy a lightning to USB converter for like 10 bucks and use it to hook up a computer mouse to your apple device.

Cwhite

El Padrino
Couple quick questions for those who have taken the ASTB-E… just to confirm, on the DLT portion it’s trigger(right) for even and throttle(left) for odd? Thanks in advance!

Nnamdi25

Couple quick questions for those who have taken the ASTB-E… just to confirm, on the DLT portion it’s trigger(right) for even and throttle(left) for odd? Thanks in advance!
Right is even left is odd. The Jantzen simulator got it flip flopped and it can mess you up.

dav246

Right is even, left is odd. Jantzens is backwards, however, I just mapped the controls backwards and that made it accurate enough. Regardless, I have been training as though its the real thing. In other words, slamming the appropriate trigger in the target ear depsite the simulator insturctions and score.

Cwhite

El Padrino
Copy that. Thanks! I had already programmed it so it, so it is set up correctly, just wanted to confirm! Also, on jantzens sim, what do y’all have the audio interval swap set at? Currently I have 13sec(swap) and 3 sec(cue) with 0.7s reaction time. want to get it as close or harder than the real thing.

dav246

Copy that. Thanks! I had already programmed it so it, so it is set up correctly, just wanted to confirm! Also, on jantzens sim, what do y’all have the audio interval swap set at? Currently I have 13sec(swap) and 3 sec(cue) with 0.7s reaction time. want to get it as close or harder than the real thing.
Thats a lot "harder" than the real thing. Even default is "harder" than the real thing. The thing that sets the test apart is that they will blast you with two things that sound very similar and not automatically easy to differentiate. On the test, they will blast both your ears simultaneously with two different things roughly once every 3 seconds, so if you can do even moderately well 90% of the time with that set up you should be golden.

TwoScoops

Two Scops
None
Heres a hack for the UAV simulator on the ASTB prep app to make it even closer to the real thing:

Buy a lightning to USB converter for like 10 bucks and use it to hook up a computer mouse to your apple device.
I made the app and had no idea you could do that lol. That is sweet man.

Nnamdi25

Yes. Buy the x52 HOTAS pronto. Grind Jantzens simulator with it and/or play video games that require some ammount of precision.
I have been grinding on the Jantzen app lowest I got was 145 took the real test and yea that didn’t go well I will do a retake next month.