• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

fighter12

Hey dude, definitely look at Kyle's drive on this forum. It was immensely helpful in getting ready for the OAR. Also the ASTB prep app has a lot of good info with practice tests to help you. Other than that, just browse through this forum and look for other questions people got for their test and study those as well.

diamondw245

Hey dude, definitely look at Kyle's drive on this forum. It was immensely helpful in getting ready for the OAR. Also the ASTB prep app has a lot of good info with practice tests to help you. Other than that, just browse through this forum and look for other questions people got for their test and study those as well.
Do you have to pay for the app?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I just got a 34 today on my OAR. How does everyone see their breakdown of their score? Probably the lowest they have seen in the office. I am prior service of the Army and have never actually seen those type of questions, even on the SAT. Is there any test tips anyone may have?

The study guide my recruiter gave me, definitely put me in a better head space for the test.

What study guide did your recruiter give you? Mine said he can’t endorse or give me anything for it

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got a 34 today on my OAR. How does everyone see their breakdown of their score? Probably the lowest they have seen in the office. I am prior service of the Army and have never actually seen those type of questions, even on the SAT. Is there any test tips anyone may have?

The study guide my recruiter gave me, definitely put me in a better head space for the test.
Now that you’ve had your first brush with the E-ASTB, you need to STUDY YOUR ASS OFF. Act like the next test is your ONLY CHANCE. Study everything. All resources. Pay the $17 dollars for the app. You want to be selected, this is your chance.

Disclaimer: this is not a personal attack. It’s my advice to all wannabes. Take it or leave it. You control your destiny and this is the first hurdle of many. Get over it, and press on.?

Last edited:

Alex__27

I am a Marine option NROTC midshipman and thinking about applying for a flight contract, I currently have a 3.77 GPA and run a 300 PFT, in addition to that I took the ASTB today for the first time my score was 55 OAR 6 6 7. Will this score be high enough to likely receive a flight contract?

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I am a Marine option NROTC midshipman and thinking about applying for a flight contract, I currently have a 3.77 GPA and run a 300 PFT, in addition to that I took the ASTB today for the first time my score was 55 OAR 6 6 7. Will this score be high enough to likely receive a flight contract?

If your PFT is a real 300 1st class, then you’re very competitive with that and your GPA/ASTB.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your MOI should be able to get you a Flight Contract. Have you spoken to the MOI? To answer your question, your scores exceed the mins.

Average Monke

A primate with internet access
Taking Astb next week any tips for success I’m kinda nervous and anxious plus I’m more nervous on math then anything
Is this first military test you are taking? I took the ASVAB and SIFT prior to taking the ASTB, which definitely helped calm my nerves. The ASTB was the most challenging, but it's not particularly stressful in the same way other standardized tests can be. You want to be answering every question as fast and as accurately as possible, but I was never close to running out of time either. I was also most worried about the math section so I spend a lot of time reviewing various types of problems found in the study guides. Make sure have practiced ever section and be prepared for the test to crash A LOT.