• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Aggie23

Aside from the app, khan academy had some good practice material, and if there were any topics I had particular issues with I’d just search for practice questions for that specific topic online

MR.P

Howdy, just got done taking it the 2nd time and I got 9/9/9. First time round I got 7/6/7 and I got a lot of help from this forum so I just wanted to share some advice/gouge.

Overall
- BUY THE APP, I cannot say it enough
- Get yourself a joystick and practice on the Jantzen sim
- Practice as much and as often as you can
- The gouge on this thread is very useful, look it over and use it to help guide your studying.
- Some specific stuff that stood out below

Math
- Conversions from Celsius to Fahrenheit and vice versa
- Lots of geometry

Reading
- Select the most true answer, pay attention to small details
- Process of elimination helped out a lot, almost ran out of time

Physics
- Lots of levers and pulleys

Aviation/Nautical
- Pretty straightforward, know the parts of planes/ships and what they do

PBM
- Also pretty straightforward, use the usual tricks
- Draw the compass, write out the emergency procedures, set the knobs in advance
- Tilt your head to the listening ear
- Be aggressive but don't lose your cool, it kinda helped me to stare past the screen and use my peripheral vision sometimes.

I hope these tips can be helpful and thank you to the creators of the ASTB Prep App, Jantzen Sim and various posters on this thread!
How do you set up the knob for the emergency part? did you rotate both clockwise. and what did you use for the reading part and mechanical part.

Biff42

Can someone please help me out with the emergency procedure. do you have to rotate the Eknob or Iknob or do I have to just push it to put the fire out.
You will rotate both knobs. When I took the test on the 1st, for the Fire I turned the E knob clockwise/ I knob clockwise/ pressed clutch. Engine: E(CCW)/I(CCW)/ clutch. Prop: E(50%find the detent) I: CCW/ Clutch

Just make sure you pay attention to the calibration portion to know which way is 0% and 100 %. WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN!! Take your time with the directions and you'll be fine

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN!!
I cannot emphasize this enough. If you think you'll forget it, write it down. If you're confident you'll remember it, write it down anyway.

I wasted my second ASTB attempt bc I forgot which buttons went to even and odd numbers during dichotic listening and didn't write it down beforehand. I beg you to not do what I did then.

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Can someone please help me out with the emergency procedure. do you have to rotate the Eknob or Iknob or do I have to just push it to put the fire out.
A combination of both. I don't remember the exact configuration for the knobs, but you'll turn them to where they need to go and then you'll press the clutch button to reset it. The instructions before the section will tell you what you need to do. WRITE IT DOWN!

MR.P

You will rotate both knobs. When I took the test on the 1st, for the Fire I turned the E knob clockwise/ I knob clockwise/ pressed clutch. Engine: E(CCW)/I(CCW)/ clutch. Prop: E(50%find the detent) I: CCW/ Clutch

Just make sure you pay attention to the calibration portion to know which way is 0% and 100 %. WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN!! Take your time with the directions and you'll be fine
Thank you I appreciate it.

MR.P

A combination of both. I don't remember the exact configuration for the knobs, but you'll turn them to where they need to go and then you'll press the clutch button to reset it. The instructions before the section will tell you what you need to do. WRITE IT DOWN!

BurnedCash55

Howdy, just got done taking it the 2nd time and I got 9/9/9. First time round I got 7/6/7 and I got a lot of help from this forum so I just wanted to share some advice/gouge.

Overall
- The gouge on this thread is very useful, look it over and use it to help guide your studying.

Math
- Lots of geometry

Reading

Physics

Aviation/Nautical

PBM
- Draw the compass, write out the emergency procedures, set the knobs in advance
- Be aggressive but don't lose your cool, it kinda helped me to stare past the screen and use my peripheral vision sometimes.

I hope these tips can be helpful and thank you to the creators of the ASTB Prep App, Jantzen Sim and various posters on this

you must rotate both before clearing the button make sure you write down the procedures I have a chart to share but I believe that the test changes the order do not get scared you will do well. in some checklist you may only have to rotate one knob

Attachments

• Notes- ASTB PBM Setup.pdf
    48.9 KB · Views: 100

haileywalker

Overall

Math
- Lots of geometry

Reading

Physics

Aviation/Nautical

PBM

I hope these tips can be helpful and thank you to the creators of the ASTB Prep App, Jantzen Sim and various posters on this thread!
What is the app called? I am seeing a few options and don't want to buy the wrong one. Thanks!

MR.P

you must rotate both before clearing the button make sure you write down the procedures, I have a chart to share but I believe that the test changes the order do not get scared you will do well. in some checklist you may only have to rotate one knob
I have a stupid question to ask? for the fire procedure does the R stand for right and L stand for left.

gtownjake

I have a stupid question to ask? for the fire procedure does the R stand for right and L stand for left.
I have a recent ASTB take, and there was nothing that resembled this or required this much planning. It simply will give you a warning and you do the instructions (turning knobs to either 100% or 0%) and then hit the clutch button. Like others have said, write down the procedure for each warning and you'll be fine. Don't over think it, but make sure you know which direction is 100 and which is 0.

Edit: Unless someone else has any other experience, I don't remember there being two different fire procedures, just one. If there is, then to the point of your question R would probably be fire in right engine and L left engine (with different procedures).

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I have a recent ASTB take, and there was nothing that resembled this or required this much planning. It simply will give you a warning and you do the instructions (turning knobs to either 100% or 0%) and then hit the clutch button. Like others have said, write down the procedure for each warning and you'll be fine. Don't over think it, but make sure you know which direction is 100 and which is 0.

Edit: Unless someone else has any other experience, I don't remember there being two different fire procedures, just one. If there is, then to the point of your question R would probably be fire in right engine and L left engine (with different procedures).

100% feel the same. The emergency procedures is the very last thing. It will tell you all of the instructions. Don’t overthink it

MR.P

diamondw245

I just got a 34 today on my OAR. How does everyone see their breakdown of their score? Probably the lowest they have seen in the office. I am prior service of the Army and have never actually seen those type of questions, even on the SAT. Is there any test tips anyone may have?

The study guide my recruiter gave me, definitely put me in a better head space for the test.