• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

BorgImo

Hey all, took my second chance at the ASTB today, and managed to improve from a 68 8/5/8 to a 73 9/7/8. While I was really hoping to get that PFAR to an 8, I’m pretty happy with these scores. Should I be concerned with that PFAR score if I’m just going for SNA? Or should I feel ok with the higher OAR and AQR along with it?

Thanks!

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
Hey all, took my second chance at the ASTB today, and managed to improve from a 68 8/5/8 to a 73 9/7/8. While I was really hoping to get that PFAR to an 8, I’m pretty happy with these scores. Should I be concerned with that PFAR score if I’m just going for SNA? Or should I feel ok with the higher OAR and AQR along with it?

Thanks!
OAR is simply a ticket to the board, means nothing really for selection. AQR and PFAR are what really matter. As anyone will always say, 7's are iffy, I would go ahead and submit though. People have been selected recently with worse scores than you

WhiteLotus5125

Thanks!
Submit with those scores, and if you ProRec-N, retest for the 8 PFAR. Like cgoss said, there have been applicants in the past who have been selected for SNA with worse scores. Depending on the rest of your application, your current scores should be competitive.

JpQuist

On the Dichotic Listening portion of the PBM my headset seemed to be playing both audios out of both sides of the headsets. In the instructions before this portion it says that if it is doing this to stop and inform the test administer. My recruiter basically said there wasn't much he could do about it. I have read previous posts on here where other people have experienced similar troubles and I have even read it is suppose to do that. I'm taking my 2nd attempt soon and I am now at least expecting for this to happen this go around, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if I'm just not catching on to something.

cgoss99

ProRec SNA
On the Dichotic Listening portion of the PBM my headset seemed to be playing both audios out of both sides of the headsets. In the instructions before this portion it says that if it is doing this to stop and inform the test administer. My recruiter basically said there wasn't much he could do about it. I have read previous posts on here where other people have experienced similar troubles and I have even read it is suppose to do that. I'm taking my 2nd attempt soon and I am now at least expecting for this to happen this go around, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if I'm just not catching on to something.
can you elaborate more on what you mean? If I remember correctly it plays audio out of both sides but tells you beforehand what side to specifically focus on.

JpQuist

can you elaborate more on what you mean? If I remember correctly it plays audio out of both sides but tells you beforehand what side to specifically focus on.
Before the section begins it gives you a chance to test your headphones to make sure they're working properly. It says it will play a separate audio from the left ear and then from the right. It says that it was only going to play audio in my left ear, but both sides of the headphones were playing the same audio. It was also the same for the right side. There was a note on the screen saying that if audio was playing on both sides instead of one specific side to inform the test administer. The recruiter told me that other people had taken it like that and it should be fine. I've actually read some posts on here from people having the same issue and that it was normal. I'm just not sure if the headphones weren't setup correctly.

During this portion of the actual test part. It seemed like I wasn't hearing a separate audio form my left and right side, but rather a combination of both sides playing in both of my ears making it impossible to differentiate which side it was actually coming from. I was hearing the even and odd numbers, but could never tell which side they were coming from because they were being played at the exact same time from both sides. Since it said on the screen right before this portion of the test that it shouldn't be doing that. I feel like it might not have been working properly. I have read that other people have experienced this and its normal, so I just wasn't sure if this wasn't something I needed to be sure is corrected before taking this part of the test again.

68Chev

Pretty good improvement. I’d say you should be pretty confident with those scores.

What did you do to get your PFAR up from a 5 to a 7?
I found an app on the apple store called ASTB prep. Its got a UAV portion that's timed and its great. Closest thing to the real one that I could find.

space_sailor

I submitted my OCS application before the 24JUN22 deadline. My ASTB score was 49 5/4/6 applying for SNA. Would they go by my latest scores or the score I submitted with my application?
Couple of things:
1. I think the 24 JUN 22 deadline is for the August board which - according to ppl on this site (not the official word) - has been canceled. Thus the next SNA/SNFO board will be 31 OCT 22 though I do not know the application deadline

2. Are you applying ISPP? If so you need to hit the minimums for that and you should get an automatic Pro-Rec-Y from what I've read on AW.

3. If you are not applying ISPP your highest ASTB scores are not good enough to get picked up for SNA (need at least a 5 PFAR). You will need to retake the ASTB and shoot for 7s to have a decent shot at SNA.

Edit: looks like you just deleted your post...

elariosa95

SNA (A-Pool)
Before the section begins it gives you a chance to test your headphones to make sure they're working properly. It says it will play a separate audio from the left ear and then from the right. It says that it was only going to play audio in my left ear, but both sides of the headphones were playing the same audio. It was also the same for the right side. There was a note on the screen saying that if audio was playing on both sides instead of one specific side to inform the test administer. The recruiter told me that other people had taken it like that and it should be fine. I've actually read some posts on here from people having the same issue and that it was normal. I'm just not sure if the headphones weren't setup correctly.

During this portion of the actual test part. It seemed like I wasn't hearing a separate audio form my left and right side, but rather a combination of both sides playing in both of my ears making it impossible to differentiate which side it was actually coming from. I was hearing the even and odd numbers, but could never tell which side they were coming from because they were being played at the exact same time from both sides. Since it said on the screen right before this portion of the test that it shouldn't be doing that. I feel like it might not have been working properly. I have read that other people have experienced this and its normal, so I just wasn't sure if this wasn't something I needed to be sure is corrected before taking this part of the test again.
That sounds like an issue with the headphones, they're definitely supposed to play different audio tracks. Did you let the person administering your test know?

When I took the test a few months ago it was the same way, I thought that is how it was supposed to be but didn't look into the notes you mentioned! I take my test again next Friday and need to make sure of that! Hearing two audio sounds at the same time made the test so much more difficult lol