• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

sealords

Please can i get a help for the formulae in solving this problem. A man is paddling a canoe upstream. Assuming he can paddle at 6 miles per hour and the stream is flowing at a rate of 3 miles per hour, after one hour of paddling, how many miles will he have traveled?

OperationChungus

pilot
Please can i get a help for the formulae in solving this problem. A man is paddling a canoe upstream. Assuming he can paddle at 6 miles per hour and the stream is flowing at a rate of 3 miles per hour, after one hour of paddling, how many miles will he have traveled?

6 mph - 3 mph = 3 mph net.

1 hr @ 3 mph = 3 miles.

Justice22293

Please help with math problem found on ASTB math skills test MST flashcards on ProProfs: "Gravel is mixed with cement at a ratio of 5 parts of cement to 1 part of gravel. How many pounds of cement are there in 48 lbs of this mixture?" I understand basic ratios and how to solve, but somehow don't understand how to convert the parts to lbs in relation. Thanks!

cessna.pilot

Please help with math problem found on ASTB math skills test MST flashcards on ProProfs: "Gravel is mixed with cement at a ratio of 5 parts of cement to 1 part of gravel. How many pounds of cement are there in 48 lbs of this mixture?" I understand basic ratios and how to solve, but somehow don't understand how to convert the parts to lbs in relation. Thanks!
5 parts of cement plus 1 part of gravel makes 6 parts total, thus the mixture is 5/6 cement. 5/6 times 48 equals 40 lbs of cement in the mixture.

jleo_96

Now that I'm looking back through my study material, it's a little confusing. One gouge says the A-6 intruder was converted to the KA-6D during the Gulf War. And the other says the S-3 Viking was convereted to the KS-3 during Iraqi Freedom. So the idea I think is that the KS-3 replaced the KA-6D.

BUT Wikipedia is saying that the KS-3 conversion never actually happened and the program was cancelled. However I the S-3B still performed tanker duties during the gulf war. And on top of that, looks like the A-7 Corsair II also did some tanker duty during Desert Storm/Shield. I doubt they would put all of those answers on the same question, so I would pick one of those if you see any of those answers.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tanker_aircraft

I just took the ASTB on Wednesday, and had the question "what plane did the Navy convert to a tanker during OIF?"

The options were: Tomcat, Falcon, Hornet, and another I can't remember (but I know it wasn't a Viking).
I don't know of any tomcats being used for refueling, and the falcon is Air Force, so I narrowed it down to the Hornet, which I know is currently used as a refueling aircraft .

jalen22

I just took the ASTB on Wednesday, and had the question "what plane did the Navy convert to a tanker during OIF?"

The options were: Tomcat, Falcon, Hornet, and another I can't remember (but I know it wasn't a Viking).
I don't know of any tomcats being used for refueling, and the falcon is Air Force, so I narrowed it down to the Hornet, which I know is currently used as a refueling aircraft .
I believe you are right, the great source is wikipedia on the super hornet says that it flew refueling missions in oif

ajpurvis

Jarhead gone squid
What about for Mechanical?
I'm getting my major in Mechanical Engineering and over the summers you forget a ton of useful information. I use this website to keep my skills up to snuff. Check out their basic mechanics section - it explains everything step by step and is super helpful for understanding concepts. It might be a little more thorough than you're looking for but its free...

gabriellehale

I'm getting my major in Mechanical Engineering and over the summers you forget a ton of useful information. I use this website to keep my skills up to snuff. Check out their basic mechanics section - it explains everything step by step and is super helpful for understanding concepts. It might be a little more thorough than you're looking for but its free...

that’s perfect! thanks.