• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Cecill_AC

Fighter jet wayyy
Applying to be a pilot: SNA
ASTB-E: 60/6/6/6
GPA: 2.4 Petroleum Engineering University of Tulsa (Failed about all of last semester had a 2.9) Should be up when I graduate in a year.
No prior service
I'd like to do some interviews
How do my chances look for the Fall '20 board, recruiter said this was the 4th highest OAR score he'd seen

Meyerkord

pilot
GPA: 2.4 Petroleum Engineering University of Tulsa (Failed about all of last semester had a 2.9) Should be up when I graduate in a year.
No prior service
How do my chances look for the Fall '20 board, recruiter said this was the 4th highest OAR score he'd seen
ASTB looks pretty good, but if you end up not getting picked up, you can blame your GPA.

TlaurenS93

Tyler Lauren
No prior service
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you prepare for the OAR?

Cecill_AC

Fighter jet wayyy
If you don’t mind me asking, how did you prepare for the OAR?
I've always loved maths and been good at it, so that helped. The biggest thing for me was I got myself lots of practice for the MCT (Maths), RCT (Reading) and MST (Physics).
http://www.nelnetsolutions.com/pdf/free/mastermilitaryflight.pdf (This guide here is A1)
The Complete ASTB Study Guide, blue book on Amazon (too easy, but still good practice familiarizing my self with test questions)
ASTB Study Guide 2018 by Test Prep Book, red on Amazon (really good, challenging problems)

I know the ANIT is not on the OAR but I studied

You didn't ask about my flight sections, but I know if I had used the compass method for the UAV test my FOAR would have been up.
If I had been more relaxed with the listening and flight simulator I would have gotten better pilot scores. I tried so hard to keep my target on the plane so it would be green, but it just shot out so fast right after. Your best bet would be to not touch the plane keeping your target red but stay close to it, that way the plane moves slower and it's a hell of a lot easier to track. I wish I would've done that, probably would have got 9s that way.

Oh yeah, obviously right down the emergency instructions for the last test!!

Cecill_AC

Fighter jet wayyy
After passing my ASTB, what are the next steps my recruiter needs to do that I should follow-up on?
Is there a checklist for the application anywhere

TlaurenS93

Tyler Lauren
I've always loved maths and been good at it, so that helped. The biggest thing for me was I got myself lots of practice for the MCT (Maths), RCT (Reading) and MST (Physics).
http://www.nelnetsolutions.com/pdf/free/mastermilitaryflight.pdf (This guide here is A1)
The Complete ASTB Study Guide, blue book on Amazon (too easy, but still good practice familiarizing my self with test questions)
ASTB Study Guide 2018 by Test Prep Book, red on Amazon (really good, challenging problems)

I know the ANIT is not on the OAR but I studied

You didn't ask about my flight sections, but I know if I had used the compass method for the UAV test my FOAR would have been up.
If I had been more relaxed with the listening and flight simulator I would have gotten better pilot scores. I tried so hard to keep my target on the plane so it would be green, but it just shot out so fast right after. Your best bet would be to not touch the plane keeping your target red but stay close to it, that way the plane moves slower and it's a hell of a lot easier to track. I wish I would've done that, probably would have got 9s that way.

Oh yeah, obviously right down the emergency instructions for the last test!!

And I am only taking the OAR portion.. I’m not taking the full ASTB-E. But your response may help someone else who is taking the full test :)

jalen22

Hey everybody, new member here. I'm taking the ASTB tomorrow up in kansas city and I wasn't going to post here until I got my scores but I've been reading through all the pages on here which has been super helpful so thank you to everyone that's posted on here. The only thing I have not for the life of me been able to figure out is that a few have mentioned a question about the aircraft converted to a tanker in OIF despite searching the forum and the google machine, is the answer to that question. I know it's a really minuscule thing but it's been bugging me so if anyone knows, I would really appreciate the answer!

TlaurenS93

Tyler Lauren
Hey everyone!

I have this problem I see in the barrons book, and I can’t seem to understand how they solved this problem.. when I do what I was taught, I get the answer 7.. how I calculated it was (5x5)+(5x10)/10 but the book it says (5x10)+(10x5)/Fx10 which equals 10.. can someone explain this to me.. I could very well be wrong, just wanted to make sure I’m on the right path, or if this is an error.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    944 KB · Views: 86

Scimitarze

Automated Member
Hey everyone!

I have this problem I see in the barrons book, and I can’t seem to understand how they solved this problem.. when I do what I was taught, I get the answer 7.. how I calculated it was (5x5)+(5x10)/10 but the book it says (5x10)+(10x5)/Fx10 which equals 10.. can someone explain this to me.. I could very well be wrong, just wanted to make sure I’m on the right path, or if this is an error.

Thanks!
The far weight on the left side is 5ft away from the near weight which is 5ft away from the center, meaning that the far weight is 10ft away from the center.

OperationChungus

pilot
The only thing I have not for the life of me been able to figure out is that a few have mentioned a question about the aircraft converted to a tanker in OIF despite searching the forum and the google machine, is the answer to that question. I know it's a really minuscule thing but it's been bugging me so if anyone knows, I would really appreciate the answer!

S-3 Viking