• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

TlaurenS93

Tyler Lauren
For this problem you need to have a solid understanding of conversion factors! Just google some basic math conversion for common knowledge otherwise the astbe usually gives em to you on the test within the question. Anyhow here's how you go about it....
1 hour = 3600 seconds
So the way to make this process work is to start with what your given, the easiest way to go about this is to see if the units cancels out correctly! So....
=> 630 miles per hours * (1 hour/ 3600 seconds) = 7/40 miles per seconds (notice how the hours cancel each other out)
Now you just take the 1200 seconds and multiply it to the new rate in order to find the number of miles it travels!
=> 7/40 miles/seconds * 1200 seconds = 210 miles (notice how the seconds cancel each other out in the calculation)
You are AMAZING! Thank you sir.

Meyerkord

pilot
Question again... I’ve seen two different answers. If you swim across a stream perpendicular to the banks what is your final position from initial? I see directly across and I see downstream. I would like to think it’s downstream ?
Yes, downstream, assuming the stream is moving.

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Long time lurker, first time poster but i would just like to say that the amount of gouge on here is incredible. I was looking around and I had found this from a post in 2016 and I figured this might be a valuable tool for anyone looking for more practice. It is a Peterson's online practice ASTB-E found here: http://www.petersonspublishing.com/OfficerCandidate It is 100% free and it gives you access for a year. It will give you a mock online ASTB practice test that's timed and everything. It is pre UAV section however so some off the info may be dated and as usual take it with a grain of salt.

I just made an account and tried it out and it still works!
All credit goes to: joel794613 who i don't believe is around anymore but credit where credit is due I suppose.

Thanks for everyone contributing thus far, and i wish all of you the best of luck!

bigbird

Biggest Bird
Long time lurker, first time poster but i would just like to say that the amount of gouge on here is incredible. I was looking around and I had found this from a post in 2016 and I figured this might be a valuable tool for anyone looking for more practice. It is a Peterson's online practice ASTB-E found here: http://www.petersonspublishing.com/OfficerCandidate It is 100% free and it gives you access for a year. It will give you a mock online ASTB practice test that's timed and everything. It is pre UAV section however so some off the info may be dated and as usual take it with a grain of salt.

I just made an account and tried it out and it still works!
All credit goes to: joel794613 who i don't believe is around anymore but credit where credit is due I suppose.

Thanks for everyone contributing thus far, and i wish all of you the best of luck!
actually this is fake news if you try and go any further into the test it says its been discontinued sorry if i teased anyone, i teased myself.

PhlyHigh94

Hello again everyone,

Would someone please help me understand how to solve this problem.. this is on Carlos Miros Oar math practice guide, #25..

1) If the tax rate is 3 1/2% and the amount to be raised is $6440, what is the base?

* I see that they got .035 on the worksheet to solve the problem .. but when converting the fractional percentage into a decimal I got 350. I’m totally lost.. someone please tell me where I’m wrong.

Thanks!
So, there is a trick with questions like this. For example you can do X(0.035) = 6440. When you take 0.035 to the other side of the = then you divide 6440/0.035, you will get 184,000. Email me for some links to learn these.

gabriellehale

Assume the probability of having a boy is 50% and a girl is 50%. If a family has four children,
what is the probability the family has at least two girls?

can someone help me with this one

TlaurenS93

Tyler Lauren
So, there is a trick with questions like this. For example you can do X(0.035) = 6440. When you take 0.035 to the other side of the = then you divide 6440/0.035, you will get 184,000. Email me for some links to learn these.
Ok great! Thanks.. my OAR exam is scheduled for this tuesday, and I really need some help with deciphering these word problems. Whats your email?