• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

Rahul Gupta

Scores like that have been consistent for PROREC. I recommend giving it a shot with those scores. My situation was my second test scores did not meet minimums. I tested a third time to meet and exceed some of the areas. Don't risk a lower score if you feel like you have the scores, which you do for a SNA slot. Give the board a shot with those scores. You have time and a favorable selections window. Good luck.
Thank you so much and will do! Now the wait begins...

juliannnt

Welp, my first testing experience was interesting. Got kicked out of the math and reading sessions a total of 13 times today, had to retake the entire reading section because the system locked me out and didn't count any of my scores, and had about an hour wait for them to fix the computer before I could even start the mechanical comprehension portion, and when they finally got it back up, I was two questions in until the computer initiated an automatic shut down concluding my session. After nearly 5 hours I barely made it through 2 sections. Don't know if this counts towards my attempt, gotta call tomorrow and see but Im pretty it does regardless. Just figured I should share in case anyone on the east coast is taking the test soon - they told me this was a region wide issue lately so maybe wait a little, idk. Those kinds of conditions make it pretty difficult to maintain any sort of concentration. Going back to finish next monday, but already prepping for the next attempt. At some point I will laugh about this :)

Osprey98

To anyone who has taken the ASTB recently, which flashcards are more like the real test? There are the ones like this https://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/story.php?title=_36014 Where you are just shown the compass

and these https://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/story.php?title=astb-uav-portion with the map and actual UAV image

I know both types are technically the exact same thing but you do have to adjust how you approach it (if you're practicing without the compass trick) depending on which type of flashcard you're looking at. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Meyerkord

pilot
To anyone who has taken the ASTB recently, which flashcards are more like the real test? There are the ones like this https://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/story.php?title=_36014 Where you are just shown the compass

and these https://www.proprofs.com/flashcards/story.php?title=astb-uav-portion with the map and actual UAV image

I know both types are technically the exact same thing but you do have to adjust how you approach it (if you're practicing without the compass trick) depending on which type of flashcard you're looking at. Any input is greatly appreciated!
My test was basically exactly like the second link you posted. Red dot and yellow arrow over an image of terrain.

Osprey98

My test was basically exactly like the second link you posted. Red dot and yellow arrow over an image of terrain.

Awesome. The difference is really how you're rotating the arrow. On the first compass link, you rotate the arrow "up" (north) to find the direction. Since the yellow arrow on the second link points in the direction you're going, you really have to rotate the arrow "down" to effectively point north.

Maybe what I'm saying makes no sense but it definitely would be better to study the link with the terrain image if that's what is on the exam.

Meyerkord

pilot
Awesome. The difference is really how you're rotating the arrow. On the first compass link, you rotate the arrow "up" (north) to find the direction. Since the yellow arrow on the second link points in the direction you're going, you really have to rotate the arrow "down" to effectively point north.

Maybe what I'm saying makes no sense but it definitely would be better to study the link with the terrain image if that's what is on the exam.
I get what you're saying. The arrow just feels backwards in the terrain pictures. It takes some getting used to, so use all the practice time you need during the actual test.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Hey all, just wanted to say thank you too you all for the study materials and for the history of experiences here. I just got done taking the ASTB today, and got a 55 7/8/8. Kind of bummed I only got a 55, but super psyched for the 7/8 as I’m trying to go SNA. I’ll write up a gouge of my experiences tomorrow, but hoping to submit for the May 14th board. Cheers!

keizero11

Hey guys, I’m having issues with word problems that deal with distance rate or d=rt questions.. can anyone help provide me with a good guide or practice questions that touch upon the problems that will be on the exam? My test is on mar 11 and my confidence just shot down after almost studying for 3 months. Ive currently been using the 114 questions one with the arithmetic questions practice test and the astb practice test that was posted here

Last edited:

Meyerkord

pilot
Hey guys, I’m having issues with word problems that deal with distance rate or d=rt questions.. can anyone help provide me with a good guide or practice questions that touch upon the problems that will be on the exam? My test is on mar 11 and my confidence just shot down after almost studying for 3 months. Ive currently been using the 114 questions one with the arithmetic questions practice test and the astb practice test that was posted here
See my post on the previous page with the OAR Math Study Guide. It has a good breakdown of types of questions you'll see. The d=rt questions are toward the end.

keizero11

See my post on the previous page with the OAR Math Study Guide. It has a good breakdown of types of questions you'll see. The d=rt questions are toward the end.
Thanks man, i have been using that guide to study. Do you think if i am able to be confident with this study guide ill be alright on the exam? Im freaking out for the exam. Maybe i just had a bad day on studying?

matt_c

Thanks man, i have been using that guide to study. Do you think if i am able to be confident with this study guide ill be alright on the exam? Im freaking out for the exam. Maybe i just had a bad day on studying?

If it is the OAR guide that gets circulated quite frequently on here, then yes, it'll help but that it is all up to you on how much you study and retain the steps and information in the guides. I was able to bring my score up 20 points using that guide. Good luck.

Meyerkord

pilot
Yeah it should help for sure. Focus on making sure you know how and why to complete each problem, not necessarily the specific numbers in the problems on the study guide

TF7325

pilot
Contributor

This is what I did for the UAV portion, really helped since you can glance at the heading direction on the screen while listening to the parking lot direction. Only missed one using this trick, and you don't have to keep rotating the compass. Good luck!

Attachments

• UAV-Updated.pdf
    169.8 KB · Views: 152