• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you can get on base, go to the light house, this is where the Coast Guard liaison office is located - second floor, and ask around. They are the ones that deal with all of the CG studs in API. I had to go there to ask some questions for a friend, I say this because it looks like an abandoned haunted house with all locked doors and I wondered if I was in the right place. Go up the back steps and walk around the porch to the front door and just go in. Somebody will be in there and hook you up.

Just show your drivers license at the gate and tell them you are going to the Naval Air Museum. They'll let you onboard.

-ea6bflyr ;)

totorunner

I still have my AF CAC card so I can get on. I haven't had any luck finding a number for the liaison office in the lighthouse though.

CaliFlyer52

Just got my results from taking the ASTB the Tuesday before Thanksgiving - got straight 7's.

I woud reccomend both the ARCO and the Barrons book, but you need some other references too. A book about basic sailing and basic flight really help as do the PDF gouges floating around this website. I would consider the books good prep for the math and verbal. The physics section is tougher than in the books, and the only way to prep for the spatial aperception is to find as many practice questions as possible so you can do as many "versions" as possible.

rbwill2

columbia.edu

Does anyone have the info that was on the columbia.edu link? I'm taking the test in a week and have burned through just about everything (Barron's book, ARCO, Study Guides...) but haven't been able to track it down. Anyone mind helping me out?

totorunner

Thanks for the help! I am taking the test tomorrow at pen nas. Let the cramming begin..LOL. I've been studying a bit so I think I will do alright.

dmundwiler

Any gouge?

I am taking the test this month and I am wondering if there are any little details that I should know so I dont make an ass out of myself?

BullGator

I am taking the test this month and I am wondering if there are any little details that I should know so I dont make an ass out of myself?
After looking at your profile, you'll be alright. Just relax and be confident. Confidence shouldn't be a problem if you are "Attending Embry Riddle Aeronautical University-- Graduate Dec 09--Work at Edwards AFB flying F-16 Sims."

Little things you should know: 15 minute break between Mech and SAT, the math is easier than advertised, the verbal may be your hardest section. Mechanical, SAT, and ANT should be a breeze. Good luck and let us know if you have a specific question about any of the practice problems.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Most people seem to already have them, but for the noobs: if you are needing the study guides I have both ARCO books (Military Flight Aptitude, Officer Candidate Test) and both Barron's books that I will sell you - that's all four guides. I lightly studyed them and the pages haven't even been creased, so they're in new condition. I won't be taking the ASTB again ever (66-9-9-9) so I can either send them to you or if you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area we can meet up and I'll give them to you for a decent price...just PM me if you are interested in getting them for a little cheaper than amazon.com.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Haha, good stuff. I did it twice: can't even say it was a typographical error. I'm not even going to change/edit it.

By the way, OUSooner, you were not pro-rec'd in the Jan 09 board. ;) -Sorry. :icon_lol:

Hey bull, since you're into prophesying what our outcomes at the board will be, you mind spreading some love in my direction, lol? I can use all the help I can get to not get medically DQ'd permanently.

Oh, and BTW, the two of you must not be sports fans or else you'd both have been throwing the jabs at each other about OU v. UF......or are you in acknowledgement that BIG 12 will always romp over the SEC, lol???.....

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Toto,
Take a look in the ASTB section to compare your scores.

-ea6bflyr ;)